Free Zone Advice Sought

Topic locked
Free Zone advice sought Dec 13, 2006
Would I be correct in thinking that all available commercial properties in the media / internet city projects have been sold ?
I am trying to locate 500-1000 sq ft to either rent or buy and I can not see anything available.
Any input would be most welcome.
ian@hotel-assist.com

ogdeni
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2006
yes its all sold out, and you cant buy directly from anyone since there is a waiting list you need to get in for office space. What i heard there wont be anything available for another 6 months ..

You have other freezones though to consider other than internet and media city.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
Be careful too to make the distinction between Freehold and Freezone.

Freehold - perpetual ownership of the land.
Freezone - Business Freezone laws i.e. no local ownership, less tax etc.

It's possible to be both Freehold and/or Freezone but very rarely.

For instance, Business Bay is not a Freezone (yet).
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 13, 2006
Interesting. So you can own the office space in Business bay but you wont be able to get 100% ownership of the business occupying it ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Interesting. So you can own the office space in Business bay but you wont be able to get 100% ownership of the business occupying it ?

Correct.
But Business Bay will probably be announced as a free-zone but no confirmed news yet.
DIFC for example is a freezone where you can own freehold office & retail space as well as freehold residential units.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 13, 2006
"But Business Bay will probably be announced as a free-zone but no confirmed news yet. "

Now thats interesting, do we think a rumour or is it based on fact ?

So if media / Internet Cities are sold out, where do I locate a freezone office unit ?

Thanks for the help to date !!
ogdeni
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 15, 2007
IF you already have your trade license from your freezone of choice, they normally allow you to take on office space outside the freezone until office space within the freezone is available.

My latest information is though, that due to the lack of office space, DIC/DMC currently does not issue new trade licences. There is a waiting list of 200 companies+.

Depending on your planned activities take a look at DMCC, the RAK freezone or the airport freezone, if you need a licence.
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Will Buy in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Will Buy in Dubai