Remember Your First Flight?

Topic locked
Remember Your First Flight? Oct 20, 2006
Do you remember your first airplane trip?

What do you remember? Where?, etc.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 20, 2006
i was an infant so, no i dont remember. and i was comming to dubai...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 20, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i was an infant so, no i dont remember. and i was comming to dubai...

what's the first flight you remember, etc.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 20, 2006
the first one i remember, i was 5 and we were flying to australia. my sister kept on crying so we got moved up to first class...it was cool. i was running around, well not running exactly...i wasnt sitting in my seat for a majority of the flight. and that about all i can remember. fun times.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 23, 2006
Egypt...I was 4 I believe. I had been on a plane before but those memories are fuzzy. I remember my mom saying "we are going to Cairo ..another city" and I live in the Northeast of the US and I thought it was like going to New York City or Boston. hahahahaha I was too young to comprehend the distance. So I kept on calling Cairo , New York....teehee I was cute
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 23, 2006
Going to Bangkok - I was sitting on a window seat. I kept on looking outside wondering if what I was seeing on the map was the same hehe
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
I dont remember my first flight .. but i remember my dad always explaining to me on the aeroplane how aeroplanes took off and landed .. and i always went into the cockpit and met the captain :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
Rockhampton to Brisbane - I was 9. Tickets would have cost my parents a gazillion back then due to the high cost of flying in Australia 20 years ago.

Was only an hour long flight so nothing to be wowed about.

I hate flying, but having said that, I have been on so many airplanes now I have forgotten just how many.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 25, 2006
Cyprus... I was 8yrs old. Not exactly a good memory as it was during the Lebanese civil war and we left everything behind to go and stay there for a year...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 25, 2006
My first time was when I was 8. We went on holiday to Benidorm (Spain). The plane was delayed for 9 hours on the way out. I, being a novice, assumed that this was completely normal, and was quite shocked when I went abroad the following year only to find the wait was a couple of hours. Imagine my disappointment!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 25, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I dont remember my first flight .. but i remember my dad always explaining to me on the aeroplane how aeroplanes took off and landed .. and i always went into the cockpit and met the captain :D

It's a shame you can't do that anymore - 15 years ago it was almost obligatory for any kid - visiting the cockpit.
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 26, 2006
On my way to Japan, was so excited and scared during take off I remember myself praying so hard and surrendering myself to God. :lol:
zam

Oct 27, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
MaaaD wrote:I dont remember my first flight .. but i remember my dad always explaining to me on the aeroplane how aeroplanes took off and landed .. and i always went into the cockpit and met the captain :D

It's a shame you can't do that anymore - 15 years ago it was almost obligatory for any kid - visiting the cockpit.

Well you never know. Damn kids might take out a nail clipper out of their pockets and hijack the plane!
Nick81

Oct 28, 2006
5 yrs ago, a 2-hour flight to HK. I've always been interested in geography so my face was glued on the window the entire time. :roll:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
In 2001 to Paris (14 hours). First flight ever (even never had domestic flights)! First time out of home country, for working. Scared of turbulence and goofy all the time on how to "behave" on meals, drinks, seats, etc :oops:
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2006
xty wrote:In 2001 to Paris (14 hours). First flight ever (even never had domestic flights)! First time out of home country, for working. Scared of turbulence and goofy all the time on how to "behave" on meals, drinks, seats, etc :oops:

wow how old where you then ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
xty wrote:In 2001 to Paris (14 hours). First flight ever (even never had domestic flights)! First time out of home country, for working. Scared of turbulence and goofy all the time on how to "behave" on meals, drinks, seats, etc :oops:

wow how old where you then ?

102 according to the avatar :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:wow how old were you then ?

I was late 20s ;) and had the first flight ever. Wasn't it sad? :p
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2006
Concord wrote:102 according to the avatar :wink:

Correction, will be 107 years old to be exact on 16 December 2006 ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2006
xty wrote:
Concord wrote:102 according to the avatar :wink:

Correction, will be 107 years old to be exact on 16 December 2006 ;)

Sorry I must be "numerically challenged" (aka "suck at math") :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around