Maldives Anyone?

Topic locked
Maldives anyone? Oct 04, 2006
my friend send me an email with Maldives photos and man its soo beautiful i wanna go there and see it myself ..so how can i know about fares and hotels and stuff? i tried to google it but i want a package from dubai to the islands .

Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 04, 2006
I know it looks so gorg! I would love to go. I have seen pictures of the Royal Mirage there on their website and it is absolutely exquisite!

http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/flash.html
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 04, 2006
its boring - take my word for it - but its whatever floats your boat at the end of the day.

Being stuck on some island with mossies biting and some nob in the next hut to you and eating in the 1 restaurant all day every day doesnt do it for me.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 04, 2006
arniegang wrote:its boring - take my word for it - but its whatever floats your boat at the end of the day.

Being stuck on some island with mossies biting and some nob in the next hut to you and eating in the 1 restaurant all day every day doesnt do it for me.

hahaha that was a funny description
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
ridicolously expensive, but nice to look at http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/p ... rtyID=1585

pssst. don't wake me up..
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 08, 2006
Very nice place, but my advice limit urself from 4days to a week maximum, more than that and you will get bored. Its a couple paradise, so its pointless if you go alone, or with a group of friends! It is nice for a quick change of scene and change of mood.

My advice go to the biggest island resort, its called Sun Island, atleast you will have other things to do, and the prices are well within the range of everyone. Go for the Water Bungalows rooms :wink:

Check www.emirates-holidays.com
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 01, 2008
I am from Maldives............ and I have worked in the travel field before...

Maldives is a good place to visit for Honeymooners, Families, Scuba Divers, Couples... not for guys all alone.... or guys wana make party.....

There are some resorts now coming with more than 3 restaurants.... and with lots of activities to do.... some of the common are... Diving, Snorkeling, Island Hoping, Night Fishing, Big Game Fishing, Sunset Cruise, Water Sports.

If any of you guys need any assistance just let me know......

Chao, XTRAVEL
xtravel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

maldives Jul 29, 2008
they have surfing there right?
AL7273

Re: maldives Aug 27, 2008
AL7273 wrote:they have surfing there right?

Yes.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 25, 2008
Well its not a good place for bachelor tourist. Mostly suitable for honey moon couples!! its too boring for youngsters ther's nothing but water everywhere xept for boat lovers...
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 30, 2008
i heard it is very busy over there
rsflash
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 31, 2008
i heard it is very busy over there

yeh may be on some occasions
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 24, 2009
most of the people think its very quiet & boring, can be a good place for romantic honeymoons, would like to visit it once in my lifetime
emzy
Dubai Forum User

Jul 03, 2009
every resort in maldives are in a single coral island, so there is no other connecting land... and people who are in the resort will be the tourist & staff, so if you go there alone.. you would really get bored.. don't think of going alone.... :)
xtravel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around