Latvia "Report"

Topic locked
Latvia "Report" Feb 25, 2008
I've done a few "reports" previously so that fellow dubai travelers can get an idead (well, my perpective anyway).

I spend some time in Latvia (Riga) recently, here is the report:

Yes, not much there...Actually they have a nice "old town" and they have done a great job cleaning and renovating the old buildings (to erase the russian neglect). Nevertheless not a place to spend a whole week on holiday...

Off to Georgia (the coutry) next. That "report" should be shorter...

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2008
Georgia has some lovely museums, excellent wine and shashlyk (kebab)...

oh and dont forget to see their national dance with knives and sables .. :) ..
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
lol , so what are you looking for when traveling?
and I dont think georgia is worth spending a whole week. but you can travel aroud other Caucasus countries.
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
U shud have visited Yurmala as well..I am sure u wud be spending more then 1 week there..
Venusian
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 26, 2008
Concord what were you doing in latvia ? are you going to check on your mail order bride ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2008
MaaaD wrote:Concord what were you doing in latvia ? are you going to check on your mail order bride ?

Somebody's got a keep an eye on them Russians :wink:

Mail order bride? I thought that was phillipines or thailand (that's what it looks like in the malls in Dubai) - but a thought!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 29, 2008
We recently saw in french television a report about Latvia, Riga. Seems to be the new " Ibiza" for british. They told they organized some kinda prostitute tours or something, it was shocking...
I was shocked by British guys attitude when I went to Ibiza in 2004...even saw at the Airport a picture with Tony Blair saying British people to calm down...the bad mix : clubs, cheap alcohol and men. Thanks God we have women in this world to calm us down :D
davidofff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 29, 2008
davidofff wrote:We recently saw in french television a report about Latvia, Riga. Seems to be the new " Ibiza" for british. They told they organized some kinda prostitute tours or something, it was shocking...
I was shocked by British guys attitude when I went to Ibiza in 2004...even saw at the Airport a picture with Tony Blair saying British people to calm down...the bad mix : clubs, cheap alcohol and men. Thanks God we have women in this world to calm us down :D

That explains it!

A few people in Riga commented after talking about their momument of freedow (at the strance of the old town) how that is the place were the brithish tourist go to pee! (and some get arrested).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 29, 2008
Yeah it's pretty disgusting... Like in Paris if someone dares peeing on the feet of the Tour Eiffel... Goes directly to jail I think
Those countries are so in need of money... and sexual tourism brings a lot... Latvia economic growth is about 10% each year. But they shouldn't tolerated that Occidental tourists come and have a bad behaviour like that...
davidofff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Latvia "Report" Dec 11, 2008
I've done a few "reports" previously so that fellow dubai travelers can get an idead (well, my perpective anyway).

I spend some time in Latvia (Riga) recently, here is the report:

:D :D :D
Baltika
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 23, 2009
Latvia (somewhere near Riga)

Baltika
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 23, 2009
river:

for BBQ:

Old Riga: