Jordan

Topic locked
Jordan Sep 04, 2006
I just heard that a British tourist was killed in Amman (at the Roman anphetheater) along with six wounded including the tour guide.

Just hope this is just a 'nut' and does not result in "copy cats" or affects tourism. As I am still planning to go there (still just Petra but...).

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
im going to jordan in december for three days. i wanted to know what there is to do, if they have clubs, and if alcohol is served there. ive been to jordan when i was kid and was with the family, so what i know over there is just my family and friends...any info would help.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
Yes alocohol is served in Jordan, you can buy it from liquor shops too no need for a license or anything. I haven't been clubbing in Jordan but i heard there is a club its name is "Nay" (flute) and supposedly its real good. There is a good restuarant/bar its name is Blue fig its a good place to check out.

You should also check out Kan Zaman where you can go get dressed in Jordanian attire and take pictures .. its fun!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Yes alocohol is served in Jordan, you can buy it from liquor shops too no need for a license or anything. I haven't been clubbing in Jordan but i heard there is a club its name is "Nay" (flute) and supposedly its real good. There is a good restuarant/bar its name is Blue fig its a good place to check out.

You should also check out Kan Zaman where you can go get dressed in Jordanian attire and take pictures .. its fun!

the drinking age is what? please dont tell me 21.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
my cousin once came back home with a bottle of vodka and case of beer .. he was 17 at the time. so ya no its not 21. i dont think there is a drinking age and if there is its not enforced.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:my cousin once came back home with a bottle of vodka and case of beer .. he was 17 at the time. so ya no its not 21. i dont think there is a drinking age and if there is its not enforced.

ok, that works for me
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:my cousin once came back home with a bottle of vodka and case of beer .. he was 17 at the time. so ya no its not 21. i dont think there is a drinking age and if there is its not enforced.

MaaaD,

Because your Cousin did it at 17 does not make it legal or correct, for sure Jordan does have a legal age limit and also it will almost certainly be the same as UK 18 years.

Any Jordanian on here who can clarify this????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 16, 2006
sage & onion wrote:MaaaD,

Because your Cousin did it at 17 does not make it legal or correct, for sure Jordan does have a legal age limit and also it will almost certainly be the same as UK 18 years.

Any Jordanian on here who can clarify this????

True thats why i said if there was one its not enforced. BTW, even in the UK a bartender once told me if he can see the persons head over the bar he will serve them :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
bushra21 wrote:im going to jordan in december for three days. i wanted to know what there is to do, if they have clubs, and if alcohol is served there. ive been to jordan when i was kid and was with the family, so what i know over there is just my family and friends...any info would help.

if I am not mistaken arent muslims not allowed to drink worse dance? :?:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
its against the religion to consume alcohol. dancing, im not positive, but i dont think that people of the opposite gender are allowed to dance with or in front of one another if they are not ummm muharameen (someone you cannot marry) for one another.

but like i said, im not perfect and i dont follow my religion to the T like i should. but hey, im young, i want to live life and do all that crazy stuff. so, to each their own i say!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
bushra21 wrote:its against the religion to consume alcohol. dancing, im not positive, but i dont think that people of the opposite gender are allowed to dance with or in front of one another if they are not ummm muharameen (someone you cannot marry) for one another.

but like i said, im not perfect and i dont follow my religion to the T like i should. but hey, im young, i want to live life and do all that crazy stuff. so, to each their own i say!

so does that mean if one follows the religion they can't enjoy? well then it depend what one enjoys or preception of enjoyment.....In today's world ppl (NOT U bUShra) think getting drunk , drugs , dancing and other stuffs as enjoyment....i have been through all those stuffs and I found one think far more enjoying than anything else
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:its against the religion to consume alcohol. dancing, im not positive, but i dont think that people of the opposite gender are allowed to dance with or in front of one another if they are not ummm muharameen (someone you cannot marry) for one another.

so does that mean if one follows the religion they can't enjoy? well then it depend what one enjoys or preception of enjoyment.....In today's world ppl (NOT U bUShra) think getting drunk , drugs , dancing and other stuffs as enjoyment....i have been through all those stuffs and I found one think far more enjoying than anything else

to each their own hon...mmwwwaa

:oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 29, 2006
can anyone suggest some good hotels in amman that i can stay in. i need to go to the university of jordan on 2 december in the morning, so i need somewhere in decent area.

my brother had told me that the area near the university is a red light destrict so i dont want to be over there.

I dont need some extremely high class place, just a decent area, nice service and rooms, and good internet connection so i can complete my work and studies at the same time.

any suggestions?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2006
bushra21 wrote:can anyone suggest some good hotels in amman that i can stay in. i need to go to the university of jordan on 2 december in the morning, so i need somewhere in decent area.

my brother had told me that the area near the university is a red light destrict so i dont want to be over there.

I dont need some extremely high class place, just a decent area, nice service and rooms, and good internet connection so i can complete my work and studies at the same time.

any suggestions?

http://www.hillsidehotel.com/
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around