Help! - Tell Me If I Am Wrong...

Topic locked
Help! - Tell me if i am wrong... Jan 16, 2009
Well, am going to Dubai for one-two weeks and i would like to take some info here, and also one friend made me feel scared, because of that i am here.
Like i wrote in the title, tell me if i am wrong :wink:

1.- The cheapest flights are from London with the company Gulf Air or Qatar airways. I was searching prices with other companys but it seems to be very expensive.

2.- Would you recommend me specially a nice hotel? Nice placed and nice room? (i guess i can't have all, but i need info to select between some options) Not 7* :P

3.- I plan to do all by myself, not agency... Is this possible? One friend told me that we need to ask for visa which is given by travel agencies. Also i read at dubaifaqs that visa is only given by hotels and goverment. Must i ask for it when i reserve? Or how must i do that?

That is all for now, hope you can help me.
Thank you in advance.

nyx
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Help! - Tell me if i am wrong... Jan 16, 2009
nyx wrote:3.- I plan to do all by myself, not agency... Is this possible? One friend told me that we need to ask for visa which is given by travel agencies. Also i read at dubaifaqs that visa is only given by hotels and goverment. Must i ask for it when i reserve? Or how must i do that?

Visit visas and tourist visas are different.
Visit visas you get on arrival for some nationalities, or sponsorship by family, maybe friend.
Tourist visas are from travel related companies - hotels, airlines, travel agents. Ask at travel agent for more details if you decide you want a tourist visa.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 12, 2009
Hi
I can provide you all the information like hotels,restaurants, tourist places etc,these you can find at yellow pages dot ae.
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 13, 2009
What is your passport? Our UK passports allowed us to easily get tourist visas upon arrival at Dubai airport. Not sure that every nationality has such a smooth entry though.
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around