Dubai-based Travel & Ticketing Sites?

Topic locked
Dubai-based travel & ticketing sites? Nov 01, 2006
Anyone knows if there's any travel sites where I can check schedule and get a ticket fare quote (real, instant, actual fare not full fare)?

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 01, 2006
I'll have it check and I'll get back to you sir asap. :lol: :oops:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 04, 2006
you can check out

http://www.octopustravel.com

i think they have it for the UAE .. you can also use Expedia, Orbitz and those but i usually find that calling a travel agent on the phone is much better.

of course if you are flying emirates .. www.emirates.ae is a great site and usually tickets are 200-300 dhs cheaper than other ways of booking plus you get extra miles !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
MaaaD, thanks for the info.

However, octopustravel has only hotels/tours bookings, no flight bookings. And I presume most of airlines' websites normally offer full fares rather than the real/agent's fare. Will check though.

The reason than to call/visit travel agent directly is that mostly I prefer first to check the schedule, connections, and airlines available. As my vacation days are limited, I check them for time efficiency (e.g. over night flight). When I find the choices, then I'll go to the agent for asking the fare and booking. In this way I'm saving agent's time and get exactly what I want.

For schedules, I usually check amadeus.net.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around