Dallas

Topic locked
Dallas Oct 15, 2006
I am off to the other side of the Atlantic tonight and Dallas is my first stop. I somehow feel like its a boring city. Prove me wrong ?

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 18, 2006
.. thats what i thought.

Spent a couple of days in Dallas .. nothing special really.

Had good tex mex at Taco Diner and checked out the Galleria mall (which was nothign special).

Maybe if i had spent the weekend i would have seen more life to the city.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 18, 2006
I contest this claim! There is plenty to see and do in Dallas. Dallas has an arboretum that is a just divine, a lovely zoo, and Deep Ellum is a bohemian district packed with bars, restaurants, nightclubs, art galleries and everything in between.

Visit the West End Market Place full of warehouses converted into restaurants and a museum where in the fall you can have all kinds of lovely food and listen to live bands. Year round they host a variety of festivals and events.

The Dallas World Aquarium is quite nice, though not the best I've ever been to (that would be a toss up between Monterey, California or New Orleans, Louisiana), it is a very charming cross between a zoo and an aquarium in a very tropical setting.

Go to Six Flags if you like roller coasters, or if you prefer water parks go to Hurricane Harbour which is also close by.

Pity I missed your first post Maaad!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
I can add the art museum and the Book Depository/ Daley Plaza. A museum in the building from which JFK was assasinated, etc.

Fort Worth has the Stock Yards - where they bring the long horn cattle and have the auctions etc. and even a parade each afternoon. Very "cowboy" style, etc.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around