Barcelona

Topic locked
Barcelona Sep 12, 2006
Sorry I keep posting but any thoughts on Barcelona?? Key places to visit, places to stay.

PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
Barcelona is simply put my 2nd fav place after Paris... I'll try to list the places you should visit once I have the time to do that...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 12, 2006
Wow PrettyPenny, you beat me to this one ... I am going there 2nd week of october and would also love to hear from those of you who have been there.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
I was planning a trip there 3 years ago then was sent on assignment to Sri Lanka. I've wanted to go since, do let me know how it goes Maaad. I just may end up going there this year.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Barcelona is simply put my 2nd fav place after Paris... I'll try to list the places you should visit once I have the time to do that...

Look forward to that Nick. How many days do you think one should spend there to get a real feel for the place. I've researched some options on apartment rentals which seem to be pretty popular there. Any suggestions?
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 22, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Barcelona is simply put my 2nd fav place after Paris... I'll try to list the places you should visit once I have the time to do that...

Nick its the weekend .. you must have time now :P Lets hear from ya.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2006
damn! Completely forgot about this.... Sorry PrettyPenny :(

Anyway gonna work on it right now :wink:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 27, 2006
Barcelona barcelona!

the bus turistic was fab, good value plus we ended up using it as our main means of transport!

the La Sagrada Familia is amazing - the way its still being built even thou it was started in 1882!!

i stayed quite a way out of the centre but didnt have any problems - th eonlynegative thing was there is A LOT of seafood - and i really dislike seafood!

its a must visit city!
luckilotti
Dubai Forum User

Oct 15, 2006
Had a great time in Barcelona... I stayed in the south of the city in a seaside resort in the city of Casteldefells... THe train ride to the town center was 20 minutes and as usual in a european city the public transport system is very efficient.

Barcelona is a party town !! Olympic port is a great plac to start off with lots of restuarants and at 12:30 am or so you see the clubs and bars starting to pack up. The people in Barcelona are out and about late night every night even week nights !!

Right next to the olympic port you have old town which will get you to the awesome cathedral :

Too bad while i was there it was under renovation and all you could see was scafollding :(

Then you will reach Les Ramblas which i would say is the equivlant of CHamps Elysee in Paris. Very lively with lots of restuarants, pubs, street performers...

The weather was amazing it was 21-25 sunny and crisp. If you want to party and have a good time i absolutely recommend Barcelona !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around