SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT - SEEKING MANAGERIAL POSITION

Topic locked
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT - SEEKING MANAGERIAL POSITION Oct 06, 2003
CAREER IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT

Dear Sir/Madam,

In pursuit of further advancement in my career, I am seeking opportunities for senior management positions in the arena of supply chain management.

The resume below will brief you on my educational and professional profile. A business degree from the most prestigious business school of the country (IBA, Karachi, Pakistan), an aptitude to excel in whatever I do, and a strong professional career, equips me to take on the challenges of modern management. You will note that I have handled an array of tasks in supply chain management. I am sure you will find me a value addition to any management team.

It would be my pleasure to have an opportunity to meet and discuss the possibilities of a career in your organization.

You may contact me through any mode of contact given at the top of my resume. I would appreciate your reply.

Sincerely,

Rizwan Riazuddin

RESUME BEGINS

RIZWAN RIAZUDDIN Date of Birth: October 21, 1964

B-123, BLOCK D, NORTH NAZIMABAD, KARACHI, PAKISTAN.
Phone: Res. - [00 92 21] 6631581, Cell. - 0300 8293629
Email: imriz1@yahoo.com , imriz1@hotmail.com
• Married • Excellent health • Willing to relocate

CAREER OBJECTIVE
Striving for professional excellence in Supply Chain Management by acquiring state of the art management skills and technology and applying these with enthusiasm and vigor for effective management.

EDUCATION
MBA - Master of Business Administration
From The Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, in 1987.

BBA Honors - Bachelor of Business Administration with Honors
From The Institute of Business Administration, Karachi. in 1985.

SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY
• Microsoft Office • Lotus Notes • B.P.C.S. (Business Planning and Control System) • GSK inhouse shareware.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (Chronological Listing)

Planning Officer, Smith Kline & French of Pakistan Limited
Feb 1988 – Nov 1989
Responsibility
Production Planning and Inventory Control.
Achievements
Developed PC based Planning & Inventory Control system and MIS reporting • Compiled process flowcharts and standard operating procedures (SOPs).

Assist. Planning Manager, SmithKline Beecham
Dec 1989 – Dec 1991
Responsibility
Production Planning and Inventory Control.
Achievements
Developed and implemented inventory coding and MRPII ways of working.

Materials Planning Manager, SmithKline Beecham
Jan 1992 – Oct 1997
Responsibility
Production Planning, Purchase Planning and Inventory Control.
Achievements
Developed mini MRPII system on PC for planning, execution, and control of the above responsibilities • Increased inventory turnover to 4.0.

Planning Manager, SmithKline Beecham
Nov 1997 – May 1999
Responsibility
Head a four member PPIC department carrying out Production Planning, Purchase Planning, and Inventory Control • Develop strategic resource plans • Prepare annual budget • Formulate and implement policies and procedures • Conduct sales and operations planning • Facilitate component development and product launches • Implement MRPII/Supply Chain systems.
Achievements
Developed PC based planning and budget system • Successfully completed MRPII implementation • Introduced performance measurement techniques (KPIs) • Executed projects for cycle time, throughput time, inventory, and lead-time reduction, and improvement of delivery performance and system data accuracy • Increased delivery performance to above 95%, and system data accuracy close to 100% • Reduced order cycle time from 7 to less than 3 days.

Purchase Manager, SmithKline Beecham
Jun 1999 – Mar 2002
Responsibility
Lead a four member team handling International purchases and export activities including • order and LC processing • Custom clearance • Bank and Government office liaison • Price and contract negotiations • Vendor development, audits & certification • Annual purchase budget and standard cost setting • Formulating and implementing policies and procedures • Maintaining ‘best in class’ costs • Developing and executing business continuity plans.
Achievements
Achieved certification of Vendor Y2K compliance • Developed second line vendors in strategic areas to reduce company’s exposure to risk • Negotiated supply contracts with key vendors ensuring a 7.0% annualised reduction in cost • Introduced a scientific method for standard cost setting • Compiled a comprehensive purchase database.

Manager Procurement, GlaxoSmithKline
Apr 2002 – Aug 2003
Responsibility
Manage a six member team performing all activites stated under Purchase Manager (above) for four factories of GlaxoSmithKline • In addition implement Source Plans (Category Management) locally and in coordination with global teams • Upload Pakistan data to global procurement systems • Introduce eBidding • Obtain synergies through standardization/globalization of purchases • Liaison with other functions to identify opportunities for improving COGs.
Achievements
Successfully standardised systems, policies, and procedures across all factories of GSK • Implemented source plans in strategic items resulting in over 10% reduction in price • Rationalised and standardised specifications across GSK and obtained price benefits from volume purchases.

Project Manager, SmithKline Beecham May 1997 – May 1999
Responsibility
Spearhead a team comprising of functional experts to Implement ‘Enterprise’ - the global ERP system of SmithKline Beecham • Key task was to conduct business system re-engineering in line with user requirements and global mandates • Major activities included developing, documenting, and implementing new computer processes, policies, and procedures • Conducting training across the company • Organizing external training • Liaison with corporate and external consultants and support staff • Coordinating with IT for software implementation • Testing and qualifying the systems, processes, and procedures • Coordinating audit and certification of the entire system.
Achievements
One of the few countries to successfully complete the project on the target date • Developed and tested more than 30 quality critical processes • Flowcharted and documented more than 70 processes • Prepared training manuals and trained all users across the company • Got certification (clean bill) from corporate auditors confirming compliance to global mandates.

PROFESSIONAL TRAINING (Selected Listing)
Two-week ‘Enterprise’ implementation workshop. Philadelphia, USA.
Two-week MRPII review of the class A rated plant of SmithKline Beecham. Melbourne, Australia.
One-week Purchasing Category Management workshop by SmithKline Beecham. Dubai, UAE.
Workshops on Sourcing Group Management by GlaxoSmithKline held in Agra, India, and Colombo, SriLanka.
One-week BPCS Concepts & Applications workshop by System Software Associates of Singapore. Karachi, Pakistan.
One-week MRPII and Supply Chain concepts workshop by the corporate management consultants of SmithKline Beecham. Karachi, Pakistan.
One-week ‘Production & Operations Management’ course by Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). Lahore, Pakistan.
One-week seminar on Inventory Planning and Control by Softech. Karachi, Pakistan.
Seminars on the WTO’s System of Custom Valuation, and Custom Laws and Procedures by Custom House. Karachi, Pakistan.
Various in-house and external management development workshops on • Corporate Culture • Work Conduct and Practices • Management Tools and Techniques • Performance Appraisal • Leadership Practices • Performance under Stress • Personality Development • Customer Satisfaction • Negotiating • Problem Solving Techniques.

AWARDS
Winner of Dawn Management 1992 - a nationwide business competition based on simulation.

MEMBERSHIPS
Member of the Pharmaceutical Professionals Club (PPC).

Rizwan Riazuddin
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted