I'm Really Fed Up On These Job Websites!

Topic locked
I'm really fed up on these job websites! Jan 23, 2008
Hi,
I'm Ravikumar.Every time i'm visiting lot of websites(given on DubaiForums.Com) to get a job in dubai since last year.But still i'm not get anymore response from anyone.I think these are really scams.I'm sorry to say this, because I'm really fed up on these.

ravikumar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: I'm really fed up on these job websites! Jan 23, 2008
ravikumar wrote:Hi,
I'm Ravikumar.Every time i'm visiting lot of websites(given on DubaiForums.Com) to get a job in dubai since last year.But still i'm not get anymore response from anyone.I think these are really scams.I'm sorry to say this, because I'm really fed up on these.

same this side
FM1
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: I'm really fed up on these job websites! Jan 23, 2008
FM1 wrote:
ravikumar wrote:Hi,

same this side

Here are a couple of tidbits I have found recently as an employer:

1. Include a phone number or email to be contacted at. Don't laugh...about 5% of the resumes that come across my desk (and go in the shredder) don't have contact details. Don't assume that the initial person you emailed or contacted does the hiring...put the info on all pages.

2. For an objective...absolutely, positively do not write anything like "to work for your esteemed company so that I may use the skills I have for advancement of your company so that we may share in mutual success" or any drivel like that. Tell me what job you want. "I want to answer phones and send faxes" ..."I want to perform heart transplants". Be specific. You know what you want, so do I...don't beat around the bush.

3.DO NOT GET YOUR RESUME DONE BY A PRO WRITER... employers will figure out that you lied! I did two interviews this week because the quality of the resumes read like a dream..when the candidates showed up, they could not read English, nor write as they said. Thanks for wasting my time!

4. Apply for a job you are qualified for. I am not HR, but I interview all my staff. Over 125 resumes this week...3 were for looking for entry level jobs, the rest were looking for MGT. or supervisor jobs. A year at a job does not make you a division manager. That is still entry-level. Be realistic.

5. Most importantly...follow up on your resume. If you deliver it personally or direct email, call and follow up. Only one of 125 people bothered to follow up on his resume then subsequent interview. He was a great candidate, and I would have hired him except:

6. The almighty dirham. YES it is expensive here, but be realistic. Everyone wants more money when they move and change jobs. Why does moving here entitle you to double or triple your current pay when you are not taxed? It drives me nuts when candidates are earning say 10,000 AED in Abu Dhabi, yet feel they need 25+ to move to Dubai. Get real.
I hope this helps you a bit. Not picking on you or anything. Just don't send your resume out to cyberspace and hope for the best. Do some legwork.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 24, 2008
ravikumar,

Hi,

You Will Not Get Any Job In Dubai From Your Computer.

They Get So Much Inquiries A Day From Computers That They promise Everybody, But Dont keep It.

If You Have Money And Good Knowledge, Go To Dubai, Go To Offices And You Can Find Job There, Not From Your Computer.

And Be Persistant, Change Your Mood NOW, Dont Give Up.
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: I'm really fed up on these job websites! Jan 24, 2008
Here's a few tips on writing a CV.

dubaidog wrote:Here are a couple of tidbits I have found recently as an employer:

Good tips :). Any comments on above link?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 24, 2008
Good tips . Any comments on above link?

Can Be Helpful Info.
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2008
dubaidog, those are good tibits, but remenber, how a person from another country can make a good salary arragement if that person doesnt know anything about the living cost on Dubai. :?

I'll do that question, because i receive a job vacancy info by email, they told me they like my background, but then they asked me about my expected ctc :shock:

how can i tell a realistic ctc, when i dont know anything about the living cost of a country, btw the job position is in Mumbay :shock:
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2008
dubaidog, those are good tibits, but remenber, how a person from another country can make a good salary arragement if that person doesnt know anything about the living cost on Dubai.

I'll do that question, because i receive a job vacancy info by email, they told me they like my background, but then they asked me about my expected ctc

how can i tell a realistic ctc, when i dont know anything about the living cost of a country, btw the job position is in Mumbay

Very True. That Is Why I Always Say: First Go There At Least For 1-2 Days, Learn The Situation And Then Think ABout Work.
I Mean Find The Job In Dubai, Not Only On Computer
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2008
orik wrote:
dubaidog, those are good tibits, but remenber, how a person from another country can make a good salary arragement if that person doesnt know anything about the living cost on Dubai.

I'll do that question, because i receive a job vacancy info by email, they told me they like my background, but then they asked me about my expected ctc

how can i tell a realistic ctc, when i dont know anything about the living cost of a country, btw the job position is in Mumbay

Very True. That Is Why I Always Say: First Go There At Least For 1-2 Days, Learn The Situation And Then Think ABout Work.
I Mean Find The Job In Dubai, Not Only On Computer
That's true, but aint that easy, if i try to go to dubai for myself. the first thing i need is 2000 dlrs for the plane ticket (without tax), pay for the hotel, and money to travel; so i have to count with, at least, 4000 dlrs total????? :shock:

that a lot of money!!!!!! :?
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 25, 2008
orik wrote:
Good tips . Any comments on above link?

Can Be Helpful Info.

The above link is pretty good. ESPECIALLY the part about the letter. Just make sure what you put is clear and accurate above all. The tips about calling the company, finding out the name of the person that will be reading the resume, etc. are all good. I know it would grab my attention. I want to know that people want the job I am offering, not that I am one of a hundred people who got the resume.

After you are contacted, make sure you follow up. If you have sent out a bunch of resumes and have hear nothing, there is something wrong with the resume, or you are applying for the wrong job.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 25, 2008
sankyx wrote:dubaidog, those are good tibits, but remenber, how a person from another country can make a good salary arragement if that person doesnt know anything about the living cost on Dubai. :?

I'll do that question, because i receive a job vacancy info by email, they told me they like my background, but then they asked me about my expected ctc :shock:

how can i tell a realistic ctc, when i dont know anything about the living cost of a country, btw the job position is in Mumbay :shock:

When I took my job here, I talked to people in Dubai about cost of living vs. my country, checked out real estate costs, petrol, vehicles, etc. Got a pretty good assessment, did the currency exchange and made my bottom line in my head.

Think of the big dollar question as the most important eBay auction you will bid on. Figure out how much you will be happy with... The bottom line price you must get to feel confident and uproot your life and not complain about the cost of living. Then tell them that price. If you take home say 1000 a month now, you might figure you need 1600 to compensate for cost of living, then you want a 10% increase to make it worth while, and make you happy, so then you know that 1760 (call it 1800) is a decent offer. Find what the going rate for your position is and request according to your experience.

Don't be greedy and ask for 10,000. No one gets a 10-fold raise for moving to Dubai. Those resumes get binned as well.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 25, 2008
dubaidog wrote:The above link is pretty good. ESPECIALLY the part about the letter.

Thanks dog :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

yes thts pretty true Mar 17, 2008
well,the discussion is almost over,,,
yet i have to say something....i too am trying to get the job through all these websites but i feel its a waste of time and energy...
they hardly help people,,they r more interested in marketing of their websites rather than providing a job to a candidate
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2008
I know someone who recently issued her resume to a couple of recruiters advertising on Dubizzle.com as well as Gulf News. She heard back from every single one. Her resume was proofread, coherent and to-the-point. She is two months employed now and gets daily calls from the recruiters for interviews, even though she turned down several jobs. She had (and still has) her pick of jobs. She was applying for jobs that she was qualified for, by the way.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 18, 2008
From my view point... I do get offer calls from various websites I have applied to... but the best two where I received genuine offers are from Monster.com and Bayt.com

second find the addresses of the recruiting agencies and go to them by yourself and submit your CV to them in soft&hard copy.

there are lots of jobs in UAE, however, neither the employers are getting the right CV's nor others are finding the right employer.

try to be more creative... if you want to work in hotel industry... either go to those hotels and apply or find the mailing addresses and mail your CV to them.

2 years back, when I was searching for a job... I have collected the mailing address of all the IT companies in the internet city and I mailed them an envelop with my cover letter and CV and copy's of certificates I had.

well I almost mailed 400 companies received back about 10 call back and 4 proper offers.

so good luck in your career :)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 26, 2008
Hi Ravi

Why dont you try www.recruitmentme.com

It worked for me as well as few of my contacts.

Suggesting this as may be this time this website might work for youll

Rgds
Sweety
sweeeeeetz
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 26, 2008
How important is it to attach your picture to your resume? I see that asked on a few ads and haven't done it yet. Hmmmm.
mndwgz
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 15, 2008
I personally can understand the frustration that comes with job hunting. Most of the job sites do not have high quality and good postings.

I will throw in an advice according to my experience. The best is to search for work in multi-national companies. At Dubai, they are many. Therefore, those are professional in dealing with.

I know a site, www.jobbind.com/main/ae . This collects jobs posted by multi-national companies in Dubai. All of them are *real* open job posting, and they are always updated. You might find it helpful in your job hunt.

Finally, this is the nature of job hunting, as it is named, it is hunting :) And hunting takes time. So try to be patient, and finally you should reach to your goal.

Cheers!

Susan N
Susan N
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted