Looking For IT Desktop Support Role

Topic locked
Looking for IT Desktop Support role Apr 13, 2010
I am currently based in the UK but would like to move to Dubai, and I'm looking for a Desktop Support Analyst / 2nd line support role.

I have 8 years experience in IT systems and software support, installation, configuration, and maintenance. I currently hold the following qualifications: Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCTS, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia A+ Technician and Lenovo Accredited Service Engineer. I have worked in large scale corporate enviroments, supporting a broad customer base on various hardware and platforms. I have experience of Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Vista, Microsoft Office 97, 2000, 2003, and 2007, Active Directory, Citrix, Sophos Anti-Virus, Symantec Anti-Virus, Pointsec, Altiris Rapi Deploy imaging software, Ghost cloning software, LAN, Wi-Fi and VPN technologies.

Personal Profile

I am a highly motivated and committed individual who strives to complete tasks to a very high standard. I’m enthusiastic and dedicated in my approach to learning new things and applying new practices to the way I work. I pride myself on being able to complete work to a high standard and being able to prioritise my duties. I have excellent communicative skills which lend themselves to being able to work within a group, whilst also being comfortable and confident enough to tackle challenges on my own.

During my time working in IT support I have achieved various qualifications, including Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCTS, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia A+ IT Technician, and Lenovo Accredited Service Engineer. I have worked in both the public and private sector, in large scale corporate environments, supporting a broad customer base on various platforms. I have experience of Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Vista, Microsoft Office 97, 2000, 2003, and 2007, Active Directory, Citrix, Sophos Anti-Virus, Symantec Anti-Virus, Pointsec, Altiris Rapi Deploy imaging software, Ghost cloning software, LAN, Wi-Fi and VPN technologies.

Employment History

Getronics ICT Systems and Services May 2008 - Present
ICT Desktop Support Analyst

In my current role with Getronics, who are a worldwide ICT Services company, I am employed as a Desktop Support Analyst, working on the Barclays Bank contract. I am solely responsible for providing desktop support to the banks 1800+ systems in the North-East of England and remote support to parts of Scotland. This includes a Barclays call centre, as well as various Barclays offices and branches throughout the region. I also support laptop workers who work in different locations, or who work from home, accessing the corporate network via VPN and 3G technologies. My duties include general break/ fix on hardware and software, providing 1st and 2nd line support, installation of new hardware and software, and AD user account management. Most of the desktops are managed environments, with the majority of applications being accessed via web based Citrix, and locally installed software being deployed via SMS. All calls must be completed to strict SLA’s, which means that call management is a major priority. Being the sole Support Analyst in the North-East of England it is imperative that all calls are prioritised and completed in the given timescale. Working on my own and to these strict SLA’s, means that I am highly driven and motivated to complete any task handed to me in a timely and professional manner. With the introduction of a new Daily Activity Report scheme by the company, it has shown that I have successfully taken on extra tasks, and I am constantly achieving a high rate of call closures.

Stockton Borough Council June 2007 – May 2008
ICT Desktop Support Analyst

• Work as part of the Desktop Support team in supporting the authority’s 3800+ desktop systems, ensuring maximum availability and optimal performance.
• Provide support to Stockton Borough Libraries and Sports Centres.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the authority’s systems using remote tools or visiting customer.
• To provide support for the authority’s various peripherals such as, printers scanner, plotters, IPAQs and Blackberry’s.
• Roll out Anti-Virus software to the authority’s desktop systems.
• Plan and manage upgrades or enhancements to desktop systems.
• Assist in the investigation and evaluation of new technologies and tools.
• Ensure the full documentation for support, installation and implementation of new/existing software.
• Maintain the authority’s software register.
• Ensure that all Information Security protocols are adhered to.
• To assist in the development of Service Level Agreements and ensure agreed client and internal service levels are met.
• Ensure that all software licenses are recorded and filed securely.
• Document all IP addresses used for static entries and ensure that documentation is kept up to date.

Stockton Borough Council February 2002 - June 2007
ICT Desktop Installation Technician

• Install the Council’s PC’s, printers, scanners, plotters and software.
• Assist with the planning and manage any upgrade or enhancement to any of the Council’s PC’s, PC peripherals and software packages.
• Create, maintain, upgrade, and document the Council’s PC software image library.
• Carry out office moves and PC relocations.
• Document all changes made to the Council’s PC’s in conjunction with the Desktop Support Team Leader and the Support Analysts.
• Respond quickly to the problems and calls made to the helpdesk, providing customers with a professional standard of service.
• To keep abreast of developments in technology to assist the Council in progressing its IT strategy.
• Install appropriate security software, apply regular audits and maintain full documentation of customers’ software.
• Ensure all software licenses are recorded and filed securely.
• Provide cover for the Desktop Support Analysts whenever they were short staffed.
• Provide 1st line telephone support to the Council’s systems using remote tools, whilst working to a daily rota.

Qualifications and Training

MCP 70-270 - Implementing and Supporting Windows XP Professional
MCTS 70-620 – Configuring Windows Vista Client
ITIL v3 Foundation
Comptia A+, Comptia A+ IT Technician
Lenovo Accredited Service Engineer

Operating ICT Systems NVQ Level 2
Microsoft – Implementing and Supporting Windows XP Professional Training Course
Apple MAC OS 10 Client Support Training Course
CompTIA Network+ Training Course

If anyone has a role that you feel would be suitable, I can be contacted via email: job.offers@hotmail.co.uk

UKresident
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted