Help Please: Dubai Job Search For Aussie

Topic locked
Help please: Dubai Job search for Aussie Apr 03, 2007
Hi Everyone
This is my frist time on these forums so please excuse me if my question is a duplicate of another similar somewhere else on this site.

I have been reading posts regarding scams etc and have visited many recruitment sites for jobs in dubai.
I am interested in finding a position in Dubai next year, I have a wife and son (11yrs old) who will also be coming if I am successful.

I am looking for some advice on finding a job that includes relocation and housing - what level of position would include these as part of their package.
I have been told by someone that has spent time is UAE that my skills, experience and qualifications would put me in this category.
I am hoping to get some advice about what level of position I would qualifiy for, and the best way to go about finding such a possition.

Here is a brief overview of my background
>> 22 years experience in IT/Communications.
>> Have a Masters Degree (Master of Science in Internetworking) this included Cisco curriculum up to CCNP level (have not sat for any certification exams).
>> Experience in Voice PABX systems (NEC trained)
>> Currently working as Senior Network Admin - manageing 5 PABX systems, including upgrade projects on Voice network comprising (10,000 numbers) and approx 6,500 equipped ends.
>> Have also worked on Alcatel Data Network equipment.
>> Experienced in Structured cabling solutions - design install and project managing

I would like to get a position in project management - I am currently studying for my PRINCE2 (Foundation level) certification and plan to also do my Practicioner level.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Technut[/list]

technut67
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 07, 2007
As long as you have the qualifications, you will do well.
22 years experience in an IT related field sounds good enough to me :)
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted