Direct Sales

Topic locked
Direct Sales Sep 03, 2006
Hello folks,

I'm sure I'm at the right place for sound advice. I've been lurking for a few weeks but my question hasn't been answered. Forgive me for not posting my full resumé here just yet ...

I'm a UK national, living in Belgium, working in a civil service job that I'm not overly enamoured by. I used to live in the Med and made a decent living selling timeshare to Brits. It was a commission-only job with a high-turnover rate and I only left to move country as a trailing spouse.

Now it's my turn to move (she'll follow me this time) and I've a real hankering to get back to direct sales. I think I'd prefer real estate to "holiday ownership" this time and Dubai is tickling my fancy.

What advice could you offer a 26-year old graduate in Political Science, with only a year's experience in sales but good at it, for finding a job in the UAE? I've browsed the job boards and am finding it tough to distinguish the legit from the dodgy.

I'd be happy to work on a commission-only basis but understand this might be a problem for getting accommodation. Has anybody been in the same boat? Are there any companies I should contact directly?

Thanks a lot in advance and apologies for the length of this request.

John Doe
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted