Civil Engineer....

Topic locked
Civil Engineer.... Mar 14, 2007
Hi all,
My husband is a civil engineer currently working on a very large project in dubai. He has a degree in civil engineering from Egypt and has 2 years experience. At the moment, he is interested in looking for a similar job but with another company. His salary comes to about 11,000 AED (with overtime) including all allowances (car+accomodation). We would like to know whether or not this is a reasonable salary for his qualifications or if it is likely that he can find a better offer.
I have read often on this site that salary depends on you nationality. We are both Canadian citizens. Will that really make a difference??
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!!

m_o
Dubai Forum Guest

Civil engineer Sep 04, 2007
I have recently graduated, I’m from the UK and have a Bachelor of Engineering with honours in Civil Engineering, I have around 1.5 years experience in a design office and 6 months out on site. I was planning to move to Dubai in about 12months time to work, is it feasible for someone like my self with only around 3 years experience to go work in Dubai or is it just a pipe dream? All I’m looking for is enough money to support my self and be able to live relatively comfortable. If there is anyone with any information on this please feel free to email me, thank you for any help available
Covicymru
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted