Back Office/Middle Office Operations - Investment Banking

Topic locked
Back Office/Middle Office Operations - Investment Banking Dec 30, 2006
Heah Guys, Well this is a great Forum, and it looks like its already pointed alot of people in the right direction.

I myself am looking to pop over to Dubai in early 2007. My experience and skills are within the Operations side of Investment Banking, mainly that of Corporate Actions & Income. I plan of a visit in February to make an active job search, and get a feel for the demand of people of my calibre.

My question to all my friends out there, is.... Do they know of any roles either at the DIFC, or with various Banks that now operate in Dubai, within Operations. I did scroll through the whole of the past postings, and didn't find anything that would shed any light.

Anyway thanks for all those who have taken some time, and I look forward to your responses.

Ad

Adester
Dubai Forum Guest

How was your search? Any leads? Mar 18, 2007
Just reading your post, I seem to have a very similar background as you do. I've worked in system and back office operations in Investment banking for over 10 years. I have extensive corporate action fixed income, and equity experience. I currently am working for a global bank that has a large footprint in the US, UK and even in Dubai. My wife, who is a nurse, and I have been trying to relocate to Dubai for years, with no luck. My wife lived and worked in Dubai once upon a time, when Dubai was smaller and considerably less expensive, and we both have many great memories of our time in Dubai, and really want to return for good. I submitted my CV to the DIFC two years ago and have not heard anything. I was just wondering how your search went? Maybe I should give it another go.
Brad836
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 18, 2007
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think Corporate Actions are handled directly by the stock exchanges here, If i'm correct about that then you basically only have two companies, DFM and DIFX, they apply the corporate actions and send the updated positions (sharebook) to the banks/brokerages which is different from what happens in the US or UK.

Good luck :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Finding an operations job in Dubai Mar 21, 2007
Hi there,

have a look at eFinancialCareers Gulf - the site has a range of jobs in banking including operations roles in Dubai.

Best regards

http://www.eFinancialCareers-gulf.com
efinancial
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 23, 2007
Thank you for the link to the recruitment agency. I will check it out, I have tried these agencies in the past, including Clarendon Parker, which in my opinion is one of the more reputable agencies in the gulf, but to no avail. Honestly, I do much better when I can talk with a recruiter directly, not via a website or email. Is there a way that I can contact a recruiter at eFinance directly by phone to discuss possible career opportunities that I would be suitable for in Dubai? If so can you please pm me the information.

Best regards,
Brad
Brad836
Dubai Forum Visitor

Hi Brad Mar 23, 2007
Thanks for your response. eFinancialCareers isn't a recruitment agency, but a marketplace that brings together employers, recruitment agencies and candidates in one forum and helps each of them achieve their goals. By registering on eFinancialCareers you will be able to set up alerts by email for the latest jobs in the region, both from direct recruiters and from agencies, allowing you to get the freshest pick of banking and finance jobs available.

Once you're in the process of applying for jobs through the website, you will have the opportunity to contact the hiring professionals directly to discuss your requirements.
efinancial
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 05, 2007
Hi,

Did any body get job?

I am also looking for Office/Admin Manager job, please review my CV at: www.rana-amjad.8m.com

Many Thanks,
rana79
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 06, 2007
rana79 wrote:Hi,

Did any body get job?

I am also looking for Office/Admin Manager job, please review my CV at: www.rana-amjad.8m.com

Many Thanks,

Hello, salaam alaikum bro
Nice website, and good credentials, god willing you will be finding a job soon. I have not been able to find any job in UAE again.

My wife and I relocated to the states about two years ago, and I have a decent banking job here, but my wife is missing Dubai a good bit, she is irani and has some family in Dubai and Tehran that she misses, and is having problems with the poor weather in the U.S. as well. I have submitted my CV to many multinationals, and the DIFC like a said in Dubai and have made some calls, but have come up with no leads. over the past two years Some companies said for for me to come to Dubai first and then they will talk to me about a job.

My wife is a ccu nurse, and still has some contacts at hospitals in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Our plan is now for her to get a nursing job again in Dubai or Sharjah, and we will move back and I will look for employment once we have arrived and settled, inshallah. Probably through a recruiter like Clarendon Parker or even Nadia if I have to. Keep me posted.

cheers
Brad836
Dubai Forum Visitor

IT Careers - Banking Domain May 11, 2007
Hello,

I am a IT placement consultant, currently working on excellent multiple openings with my Gulf clients for BFSI IT professionals at all levels with a minimum two years experience

In case you are seeking a job change do get in touch

All the Best!

Manoj
guy707
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted