NEED HELP PROMOTING MY WEBSITE

Topic locked
NEED HELP PROMOTING MY WEBSITE Oct 04, 2008
Hi guys,
I need some advice as to how to go about promoting your site on the internet which people can see. My site is under construction and will up and running in the next month.
I want to save time and do some research as to how i can go about promoting it before it starts, or maybe also after it starts. but the main point is that once it is up and running i have everything in place that can make site successful. i know its asking for a lot but i believe there are a lot of talented people out there.
my site is an auction based site specifically catering to the real estate market.
thank you and await your replies

shifazaid
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Hm.. your site seems like a great idea.
The best advertising is the quality and value of your website.
When people start speaking about it.
Dad
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 06, 2008
the main thng is how to do i go about it. should i be posting ads. some links to free ads sites would be really helpful. when i think of posting in newspapers it usually costs money. so i dont think at the moment i am nterested in spending money. free ads should be possible. i dont think its nice to post in forums because then its like spamming
anyway more input would be appreciated
once again thank you for the show of support
shifazaid
Dubai Forum User

Nov 01, 2008
i can't find your website
enlaine
Dubai Forum User

Re: NEED HELP PROMOTING MY WEBSITE Nov 07, 2008
shifazaid wrote:I need some advice as to how to go about promoting your site on the internet which people can see.

Advertise - try Google adsense, or other ad providers like doubleclick (I presume there are UAE based organisations that do a similar thing but I don't know them).
Press releases (but make sure it works first).
Try and get interviews on radio - Dubai Eye often has new ventures in for a chat. There's a property show in the afternoons.

my site is an auction based site specifically catering to the real estate market.

Then you need to establish a reputation also. How are you going to separate legitimate buyers and sellers from scammers? How is payment made? That sounds like much more than just a website.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: NEED HELP PROMOTING MY WEBSITE Dec 03, 2008
bonk wrote:
shifazaid wrote:I need some advice as to how to go about promoting your site on the internet which people can see.

Advertise - try Google adsense, or other ad providers like doubleclick (I presume there are UAE based organisations that do a similar thing but I don't know them).

Google adsense seems to be a good choice, my company is using it for advertising.
Wii
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 05, 2009
Have a look at Dubai promotion sites like www.dubaitourism.com and www.visit-dubai.co.uk . They not only promote various aspects of Dubai , the latter also sells advertising space at £50 Sterling per 100 words for one year . You are not going to advertise a web-site without spending ANY money!! It costs money to set up the other sites.
£50 Sterling is less than ONE pound per week. That is very cheap.

I don't think that mentioning your web-site on here would be regarded as spam, since you are a bona fide business. Dubai should welcome entrepreneurs who are promoting it globally.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2009
You say about Google Adsense . Some of those ads , advertising Dubai property , can be seen on the www.visit-dubai.co.uk , I mentioned.
How effective are the Google Ads for the property sellers or those letting ?
I wonder what rates of return per paid click are ? Anyone know?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 24, 2009
no idea, sorry
Miss Cupcake
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: NEED HELP PROMOTING MY WEBSITE Mar 24, 2009
shifazaid wrote:Hi guys,
I need some advice as to how to go about promoting your site on the internet which people can see. My site is under construction and will up and running in the next month.
I want to save time and do some research as to how i can go about promoting it before it starts, or maybe also after it starts. but the main point is that once it is up and running i have everything in place that can make site successful. i know its asking for a lot but i believe there are a lot of talented people out there.
thank you and await your replies

Hi

If you are a new site then wait till your site is on the internet to be browse by people,once it is on then you can promote your products bye submitting to Press Release sites Have a good content on your products and promote it via Article,Press release,social sites etc...Hope this may help you out.
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

promote your website Apr 06, 2009
HEllo, this good idea to have website based on theme. for promoting, you need to optimize from onsite to offsite optimization. in onsite optimization, from title to sitemap, there are lots of points to be noticed. you would have to see about your geographic target also, and would have to add your keywords to related to country.
justinmark
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 01, 2009
If you would like some help please contact me . I can help with this.
CLALTD
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 19, 2009
good luck i think its a great idea!
stefan
Dubai Forum User

May 31, 2009
Hi

Adwords is the best way to promote your website, These days every one use Google only to search a product. If you want your site to be listed in google. Make your website in HTML not in Complete Flash, Use best Keywords suits for your business do R&D what client/Customer may search for.

Join with some affiliate who deals the same service/products.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Regards

Vijay
GulfFreelancers.
gulffreelancers
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 03, 2009
If your site is optimized for search engine just do the organic seo, rather that adwords or adsense or ppc, it will cost you money... just submit your site to search engines, put the right keywords and build up link, in no time you'll rank slowly on the organic seach of google.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 25, 2009
First and foremost saying your's is a realty auction site is hardly saying anything.
It seems to be an unusual site since I have not heard of real estate auctions being conducted online in the these parts.

I assume you have a fair amount of money given the sector you are entering (as you may be auctioning some properties held by you). contact some SEO and get the work done through her/him. Don't risk a large investment by spending a small amount for your website.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai