Laundry Service In Dubai That Charge For Full Bag

Topic locked
Laundry service in Dubai that charge for full bag Sep 03, 2011
I'm wondering if there are any laundry services here in Dubai which work under a different price plan then charge per pieces. I used to work on a island in the Caribbean where they would charge a flat rate per bag of colours, another flat fee for a bag of whites, etc.. This was a simple wash type service and not dry-clean. I'm moving into a flat with no washer, and for the moment i thought i could use a service like this for a couple of months.

I used a place which did dry-clean and press for 5aed a trouser for example and they were good thus far. But I don't see anything on their price list for something like this though. They charge per piece, etc.. Thanks..

Telegix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Laundry Service For Full Bag.. Sep 03, 2011
Man you have the weirdest questions, and AFAIK there isn't any per bag plan.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Laundry service for full bag.. Sep 03, 2011
Ok.. Well at least I can entertain you with my questions.. If you ever watched Seinfeld you would see they have this service in New York also.. Thanks..
Telegix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Laundry service for full bag.. Sep 03, 2011
Telegix wrote:Ok.. Well at least I can entertain you with my questions.. If you ever watched Seinfeld you would see they have this service in New York also.. Thanks..

You are in Dubai!!! When did you get here, last week? :lol: Here's an :idea: . Why not just wash your clothes by hand and air dry?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Laundry Service For Full Bag.. Sep 04, 2011
Why not just buy a washing machine? It will pay for itself in a very short time, compared with paying a laundry company to wash your clothes "per piece".

I've noticed a lot of people use laundry service here (by "notice", i mean the delivery van frequently parks in my space in my apartments) - it's almost as if some people here think they are too good to wash their own clothes.....
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Laundry service for full bag.. Sep 04, 2011
This was for short time only. I will buy a machine of course.. Per piece wouldn't make sense of course..
Telegix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

What difference does it make if they charge per piece or per bag? Why is giving you a rate per piece a deal breaker for you?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but laundry services normally charge 1AED to clean a pair of socks. If you go there with an odd number of socks in your laundry bag, they don't know what to write on the bill because they don't have a rate for one sock. I did this once and the guy looked totally confused, like this was the first time in his life that someone asked him to clean an odd number of socks. He thought about it for a while and decided to charge me 50 fils.

I go to a different laundry service now and I'm careful to bring an even number of socks, otherwise the guy gives one back to me and I have to take one dirty sock home again.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

I have to agree, getting your clothes done works only on a short term, can get quite costly on a regular basis for everything. Earlier use to get all jackets ( dry cleaned ), comforters and such stuff done from outside and the bills do add up.

So decided to experiment on doing all these at home one day and turned out perfectly well, I'm starting to thing this whole dry clean thing is a sham in the first place. Have tried many items which state dry clean only with regular home washing machine and they turned out just fine.

Its a bit tiresome to clean and iron everything at home but really fills up a lazy evening, get your telly on and iron away :)
desertdudeshj

blueshift wrote:What difference does it make if they charge per piece or per bag? Why is giving you a rate per piece a deal breaker for you?

In the US you would separate your whites from colors (2 bags) and be charged by the weight of each bag. Different charges: a flat rate for up to say 10 pounds, then an addition charge ($1.25) for each pound over or $XX per pound. Assume 10 pounds of laundry - $10, and that would include detergent, bleach, softner and folding. You could have 20 pair of undies, 5 pair of pjs (10 pieces), 10 tee shirts, 10 pair of socks, and it would be $10. To charge by piece would be costly. Flat rate for blankets and comforters.

-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:22 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:I have to agree, getting your clothes done works only on a short term, can get quite costly on a regular basis for everything. Earlier use to get all jackets ( dry cleaned ), comforters and such stuff done from outside and the bills do add up.

So decided to experiment on doing all these at home one day and turned out perfectly well, I'm starting to thing this whole dry clean thing is a sham in the first place. Have tried many items which state dry clean only with regular home washing machine and they turned out just fine.

Its a bit tiresome to clean and iron everything at home but really fills up a lazy evening, get your telly on and iron away :)

I gather you have many free evenings. Can I send my laundry over to be pressed???

BM has a load of wash from her holiday in Dubai and wants to know if she can drop it off. Think about it, you get to sniff and see her knickers. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Laundry Service For Full Bag.. Sep 06, 2011
^^ Can you do that if you are watching the telly, AND ironing? :shock:
zonker
BANNED

Re: Laundry Service For Full Bag.. Sep 06, 2011
zonker wrote:^^ Can you do that if you are watching the telly, AND ironing? :shock:

AFAIK it is still legal

And BB

No thanks !
desertdudeshj

Re: Laundry service for full bag.. Sep 07, 2011
Munchkin! Where did you get your hands on BM's pulling pants??? They had gone walk about from the Movenpick and I swore the little cleaner man had pinched them! Was that you munchkin?

When you've got bored sitting with them on your head you could always use them as a parachute to gain entry into Canada/Australia, that's if you are denied entry via the conventional method :lol: :lol:

Happy to help munchkin :D BTW don't let Mrs Munchkin find them, I don't want her on my case. :drunken:
Bethsmum

Laundry Services (Door to Door) Sep 01, 2014
BUTLERS Laundry has been into the business for more than a decade and most of you are its customers. You have trusted our brand and have helped us grow to what it is today.

We are pleased to offer you our service and deliver the finest laundry at the most competitive price inclusive of a DOOR-DOOR laundry service at your behest & convenience.

Your feedback will be of utmost importance to us. So please feel free to call us on Toll-free: 600 562229 or write to us on PND@butlerslaundry.com.

Assuring you of our best services at all times,

BUTLERS SUPPORT TEAM.

Butlers
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Laundry Service In Dubai That Charge For Full Bag Aug 23, 2015
http://www.1851laundries.com it is the best laundry in Dubai nowadays. very convenient. 24/7 service. they have smart friendly package. you can call them on 800-1851 free pick-up and delivery all across Dubai. https://www.facebook.com/1851laundry very recomended.

1851 Laundries has been so far the best Laundry and Dry Cleaning service provider in Dubai. They provide very personalized service. 24/7 customer service and only 24 hours processing time. It is the best Laundry in Dubai.

They provide the following service:

Garments Dry Cleaning
Linens Cleaning
Curtains, Carpets, and
Furniture Cleaning
shoe & Bag Cleaning
and repair
Folding and packing
services
Alterations and
Restoration Service

You can contact them on Toll free number 800-1851