Choose A Bank

Topic locked
Sep 03, 2006
I am surprised RAK got good feedback form some of you guys. My experience with them was a bit of a disaster, they really did waste a lot of my valuable time. Also because of their not so knowlegeable staff we ended up opening wrong type of accounts for what we needed to achieve. I actually was one of their so called 'privileged' account holder or as they call them ' Momiaz', didn't really make the service any better in my opinion. believe it or not I actually asked for my account to be relegated to a 'normal' account because of all the bla bla I kept getting from their staff but no real action when it mattered. Also their money transfer system is ridiculous as they always have to go through some other bank in Europe . Lat but not least , I am very disatisfied with the fact that to this day they have no Internet banking and they keep promising that it will happen in the near future.
I honestly do not believe this !!! Online banking started in Europe in the mid nineties I believe, even in Africa and to be precise in Morocco it started around 2000 and in Dubai we are still waiting .... No comments

Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

May 28, 2007
HSBC is good as well as NBAD and NBD. Stay away from ABN AMRO!!!
belzeboob2001
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 29, 2007
Well I've just opened an account with Lloyds, which nobody seems to have mentioned so far. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :?

The opening process was painless enough, but I'll wait and see how I get on along the line. Knowing Dubai there are bound to be a few complications!!
Jimmys Suntan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai