Traffic In Dubai? Where? No Way? Dubai? Sure? :p

Topic locked
Traffic in Dubai? where? No way? Dubai? Sure? :p Sep 19, 2006
Hi all, yes i am still on this planet :) hope all are ok too!

Ok about this topic well i think that Dubai Traffic is starting to get worse and worse and worse. You try this road get stuck go to that High way even worse... Then you think about you life for a bit? then try try again but still get to the same damn wall! so what is your suggestion?? I am open to scans of the best map, sketch, illustration, scribble, scan etc of what the dream road will be going from Deira to DMC!

If you are in the same situation i am also happy to hear about your comments as well :wink:

cutielb

cutielb
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 19, 2006
I am starting a helicopter service between Deira and the Freezones, please reserve your seats ASAP.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
hmm

its the same everywhere. i travel from hamriya to burjuman, in the morning i leave at 7 30 and takes mee a good hour to reach office after trying all the available route.

In the evenings since i am not in a rush i go via shindaga tunnel and if i reach before a hour and half i am lucky. i mean to cover a distance of close to 10 kms i think thats too much by any standards.

thanks to the traffic, i have given up on socializing, or meeting up friends. on weekends i dred to venture out of home as finding a parking in any of the malls is as good as finding a needle in a haystack ( i just going a bit over the top :) ).

Thanks to the metro project walking to burjuman from my office just opposite takes over 20 minutes so i have stopped going out for lunch to burjuman and just order food packs in office itself.

But i am not complaning coz i guess its for the better Dubai tomorrow, thats if i have the patience to be still around here :)

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
Well, early in the morning, there is not much traffic from Dubai to Jebel Ali. But in the afternoon, Im lucky if i leave 430 from the office, and if I leave 530 onwards, it's helluva traffic....

This is Dubai!!!!

MaaaD wrote:I am starting a helicopter service between Deira and the Freezones, please reserve your seats ASAP.

MaaaD, I think i'll be your first passenger :wink:
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2006
The solution? Move closer to work.

In no way possible would I do Deira to DMC everyday, coming from Barsha is long enough.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 19, 2006
It won't get any better soon... I expect it to get worse once they start working on the defence round about (First interchange on SZR)...

The new bigger bridges might help though... But until then, it's traffic, traffic and more bloody traffic
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2006
wait until Ramadan... your'e in for a treat! :twisted:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 19, 2006
i love it when i drive a manual car into the traffic in dubai, its like a friggin workout for your legs...haha
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
Bleakus wrote:i love it when i drive a manual car into the traffic in dubai, its like a friggin workout for your legs...haha

Are you out of your mind?!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
Bleakus wrote:i love it when i drive a manual car into the traffic in dubai, its like a friggin workout for your legs...haha

word.....but its relaxing....it gives you time to think when your on the road............seriously
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

word.....but its relaxing....it gives you time to think when your on the road............seriously

Well it's the same case with me here as I start thinking in order to not get pissed off because of the traffic but I drive auto!

Anyway... nevermind :)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2006
Man, it takes me forever to get into town from Mirdiff these days, the traffic is heavy 24/7.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 19, 2006
took me 3 hours to get home a couple weeks ago...and i was taking emirates road :roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
I quit getting pissed over the traffic coz it's just not worth it. The good thing is that it motivated me even more to leave Dubai and focus on sending my CVs left and right. Nothing, no money I could possibly earn is worth living in this city. When you're not stuck in traffic you're stuck indoor because it's too hot outside.
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 19, 2006
the best and easy way to get home. catch the camel . no traffic or 5 hours waiting. also cheaper. hahahahah
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2006
my habiby wrote:the best and easy way to get home. catch the camel . no traffic or 5 hours waiting. also cheaper. hahahahah

Is that what you do in Aus :?:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 19, 2006
no, we catch the Kangaroo. we don,t have the camel here.
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2006
i remember my grand -grand father, he had a donkey. he travel from dubai to sharja and abu dabi. but he took some food(tashrib) for himself and some grass for donkey. and i was very little. run behind him and crying. papa papa

ohhh what was great day's. no traffic at all.
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2006
my habiby wrote:i remember my grand -grand father, he had a donkey. he travel from dubai to sharja and abu dabi. but he took some food(tashrib) for himself and some grass for donkey. and i was very little. run behind him and crying. papa papa

Poor donkey must've been traumatised :roll:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 20, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
my habiby wrote:i remember my grand -grand father, he had a donkey. he travel from dubai to sharja and abu dabi. but he took some food(tashrib) for himself and some grass for donkey. and i was very little. run behind him and crying. papa papa

Poor donkey must've been traumatised :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i swear, you bring tears to my eyes nick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
i agree we need a donkey lane on SZR good idea , brilliant
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006
speaking of SZR how retarded is it that they keep adding lanes before the 1st interchange .. whats the use when you end up in a two lane tunnel !!!! it just makes it worse in my opinion.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
I think we need go back to old style, buy a donky and ride where you want. no petrol- no registration fee-no traffic- no smoke. only the problem is, sometime you need fresh air when you ride a donkey. hahahahah
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006
my habiby wrote:I think we need go back to old style, buy a donky and ride where you want. no petrol- no registration fee-no traffic- no smoke. only the problem is, sometime you need fresh air when you ride a donkey. hahahahah

ok y dont u ride a donkey on the dubai- abu dhabi rd and I will make sure u get fresh air in heaven .....or heell :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
MaaaD wrote:speaking of SZR how retarded is it that they keep adding lanes before the 1st interchange .. whats the use when you end up in a two lane tunnel !!!! it just makes it worse in my opinion.

Fully agree... Also, the lanes look pretty messed up at the moment because the marks of the old lanes are still there... There must be at least 6 lanes now betweeen the 2nd and first interchange!

Yesterday it took me over 40 minutes to get from the first interchange to the Lamcy area in Karama :?
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 20, 2006
wot if i told u guys that i left Knowledge village at 6.45pm and i got to sharjah around 7.30pm :D

my routes vary depending on the traffic. if SZR is full of traffic i take the abu hail road, if abu hail road is full of traffic i ll take the Wasl road and onto Maktoom Bridge. By the way never go on to Emirates Road unless U HAVE to especially in the evening because most of the traffic is cos of the TRUCKS and the Labour Buses. Best route to take is Abu Hail Road because it gives u many options. You can go to the road behind Emirates Towers and from there u can make your way to Satwa, Karama and Bur Dubai.
SZR and Emirates Road dont go there. If you do have fun :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:wot if i told u guys that i left Knowledge village at 6.45pm and i got to sharjah around 7.30pm :D

I would say I'm sorry for you. Living in Sharjah? ick!!
^ian^

Sep 20, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
rudeboy wrote:wot if i told u guys that i left Knowledge village at 6.45pm and i got to sharjah around 7.30pm :D

yeh but still it took me 45 minutes when traffic was like hell
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

yeh but still it took me 45 minutes when traffic was like hell

That's good speed, but is it worth it? You work in Knowledge Village and you drive to another emirate everyday? What's wrong with places nearby?
^ian^

Sep 20, 2006
lol i dont work in KV i work in sharjah and i live in sharjah but i had to go to KV for some work. but am just saying it took me 45 minutes thats cos i know the roads inside out. IF you guys know the roads inside out am sure it will take u 45 minutes or even less to go where you want to go. :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat