Calling Accountants/ Accounting Professionals

Topic locked
Calling accountants/ accounting professionals Jul 30, 2006
I am an accountant and need to seek some advice. Maybe if you can introduce yourselves and we can discuss my concerns over PM?

beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 31, 2006
I can help you with your finances, what do you need? :lol:
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 31, 2006
scarlet wrote:I can help you with your finances, what do you need? :lol:

Other advice but financing...thanks. :wink:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 31, 2006
I've worked in the finance sector and banks but im no accountant. Maybe if you post your question up, some of the members could help
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 03, 2006
How is the job situation for US CPAs in Dubai ?
pseudonym
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 06, 2006
Hello - who wanted an accountant?!?!

:? :?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
I'm just wondering what's the package like for an audit senior/asst manager for a big 4 in Dubai?
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2006
Kind of a vague question but knowing the Malaysian industry and label of Audit "Senior" there it makes sense.

I'm presuming you are currently in at least a 2nd tier firm? This particular question should in fact be posed to your prospective employer/s.

Can't really give you much advice without knowing whether you are looking to come or whether you are being asked to come.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 06, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Kind of a vague question but knowing the Malaysian industry and label of Audit "Senior" there it makes sense.

I'm presuming you are currently in at least a 2nd tier firm? This particular question should in fact be posed to your prospective employer/s.

Can't really give you much advice without knowing whether you are looking to come or whether you are being asked to come.

I was previously in one of the Big 4 then left to join the securities regulatory body. Currently looking for a 3-4 years stint in Dubai in 1 of the big 4 there.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
beaujarle wrote:I was previously in one of the Big 4 then left to join the securities regulatory body. Currently looking for a 3-4 years stint in Dubai in 1 of the big 4 there.

Ok, looking for meaning you are not being offered a relocation here. In that case bare in mind you are competing against a lot of people who are willing to work for less than what you would. The onus is then on yourself to show how/why you would add more value than the person willing to work for less than you.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
beaujarle wrote:I was previously in one of the Big 4 then left to join the securities regulatory body. Currently looking for a 3-4 years stint in Dubai in 1 of the big 4 there.

Ok, looking for meaning you are not being offered a relocation here. In that case bare in mind you are competing against a lot of people who are willing to work for less than what you would. The onus is then on yourself to show how/why you would add more value than the person willing to work for less than you.

Thanks for the advice. You're an accountant? I'm still wondering what would be the minimum offer that I should be looking at.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
beaujarle wrote:Thanks for the advice. You're an accountant? I'm still wondering what would be the minimum offer that I should be looking at.

I passed that stage a few years back. What you will be offered and what you consider to be a minimum would be somewhat different and differs on a case by case basis - your standard of living etc.

From people I know in the field they are getting between 7,500-20,000/mth depending on qualifications, experience and seemlingly most important, origin.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
I believe you will have a tough time getting a job with one of the big 4 in Dubai. There are a lot of Arabs mostly Egyptians who are US CPAs, big 4 experience and fluent in Arabic that are applying for the same positions add to that the hundreds of foreign US CPAs, British ACA's and Canadian CAs doing the same thing.
pseudonym
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 07, 2006
pseudonym wrote:I believe you will have a tough time getting a job with one of the big 4 in Dubai. There are a lot of Arabs mostly Egyptians who are US CPAs, big 4 experience and fluent in Arabic that are applying for the same positions add to that the hundreds of foreign US CPAs, British ACA's and Canadian CAs doing the same thing.

Shall take that as a challenge... :wink:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum