DNATA

Topic locked
DNATA Aug 03, 2005
hi everybody ,,

i dont know why i am posting this here ,, but ,, i felt like doing so .

i am an arab , i came to dubai 1 year ago ,,, before i come here ,,, i found in the internet that DNATA is hiring staff for cabin crew and stuff . so i got amaaaaaaaaazde by it ,, of course i applied from there ,,, but i came to know that i should be here in dubai for the interviews . any way i came ,, i applied again online and went there and submitted my CV.

i meat the things the requier online ,, the most important thing is speaking arabic and english and any further languages would be an advantage ,, and i speak spanish .

anyway till that time no bodycalled me ,,, and by time i came to know that things are not being done according to qualifications ,, of course not totally. but i kept on insisting to get something ,,, even through somebody who can give me a "push" to go there ,, you know connections in dubai, but i failed ,,, 1 year ago i got a job , in a real estate company ,, for certain reasons i am leaving them now ,,, but i found it an opportunity to hit the cabin crew again . there was an office boy who used to work with us in the real estate company , who told me that the secretary of the head of DNATA - whose nationality is same of his - is a friend of his brother in law who is wrking currently in the Airport or DNATA ,, i am not sure ,,,, so i told him to give me help for it ... he agreed with joy ,,, and i just kept folowing with him ,,, each time he was giving me stupid reasons ,,, and i knew that there was a kind of something wrong , till he told me what it was about ,,, He told me ,, dont think about it ,, you are an arab ,, that secretary will not give you help ,,, i asked him why ?? so he started giving me the secretary's reasons which are so oooooo stupid ,,, that secretary is giving help only to her territory sons ,,,, i mean what is this ??????????? if i was intreviewd and was found unqualified for the position ,, then its ok ,, but i just feel soooo much angry for things to be done like this ,,,

i know that its being done like this in many countries ,, but to say the truth isnt it shamfull for a decent company like DNATA to proceed things like this ,,i know its not the fault of the company its self ,,,, coz that guy ,,told me not to mention his name nor this ,, so everybody gets in trouble ,, even the people she helped previously ,,,,,,,

but this kind of behaviour taking place here ,, is just making me feel sick

i know that some of you would tell me : maybe that office boy is lieing to you .. ok ,, perhabs ,,but things are being done like this in dubai ,, no body can deny it .

castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Re: DNATA Aug 03, 2005
castellano wrote:hi everybody ,,

i dont know why i am posting this here ,, but ,, i felt like doing so .

i am an arab , i came to dubai 1 year ago ,,, before i come here ,,, i found in the internet that DNATA is hiring staff for cabin crew and stuff . so i got amaaaaaaaaazde by it ,, of course i applied from there ,,, but i came to know that i should be here in dubai for the interviews . any way i came ,, i applied again online and went there and submitted my CV.

i meat the things the requier online ,, the most important thing is speaking arabic and english and any further languages would be an advantage ,, and i speak spanish .

anyway till that time no bodycalled me ,,, and by time i came to know that things are not being done according to qualifications ,, of course not totally. but i kept on insisting to get something ,,, even through somebody who can give me a "push" to go there ,, you know connections in dubai, but i failed ,,, 1 year ago i got a job , in a real estate company ,, for certain reasons i am leaving them now ,,, but i found it an opportunity to hit the cabin crew again . there was an office boy who used to work with us in the real estate company , who told me that the secretary of the head of DNATA - whose nationality is same of his - is a friend of his brother in law who is wrking currently in the Airport or DNATA ,, i am not sure ,,,, so i told him to give me help for it ... he agreed with joy ,,, and i just kept folowing with him ,,, each time he was giving me stupid reasons ,,, and i knew that there was a kind of something wrong , till he told me what it was about ,,, He told me ,, dont think about it ,, you are an arab ,, that secretary will not give you help ,,, i asked him why ?? so he started giving me the secretary's reasons which are so oooooo stupid ,,, that secretary is giving help only to her territory sons ,,,, i mean what is this ??????????? if i was intreviewd and was found unqualified for the position ,, then its ok ,, but i just feel soooo much angry for things to be done like this ,,,

i know that its being done like this in many countries ,, but to say the truth isnt it shamfull for a decent company like DNATA to proceed things like this ,,i know its not the fault of the company its self ,,,, coz that guy ,,told me not to mention his name nor this ,, so everybody gets in trouble ,, even the people she helped previously ,,,,,,,

but this kind of behaviour taking place here ,, is just making me feel sick

i know that some of you would tell me : maybe that office boy is lieing to you .. ok ,, perhabs ,,but things are being done like this in dubai ,, no body can deny it .

A friend of mine recently turned 21, making her eligable to apply as Emirates cabin crew. During her 'interview' she had to stand in a line with a dozen other girls while a single man walked down the line picking 2 or 3. When asked how he chose the staff, an employee replied 'he likes how they look' :roll: That's Dubai for you
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2005
nobody will hand you something on a silver platter.

If you want something then do it yourself. If you can't then you shouldn't want it.

You cannot let obsticles keep you from your goal. Every country has its dirty aspects, Dubai is no different.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 07, 2005
I have a question, if you want to work as cabin crew, why on earth are you talking to Dnata?

You apply through the Emirates website, or the Emirates Airline recruiters.

Being crew is a really hard job and yes the girls are liked to look a certain way and they have to wear specific shades of lipstick and all this kind of thing.

Girls apply all the time but it could take 6 months or more to be offered anything, just depends on their recruitment targets.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2005
well,,, you ppl dont know how i tryed to do it ,, i mean i didnt expect it on a silver pallet ,,,, i did anything possible to get it ,,,, and akash ,,, i did apply through the Emirates website ,i knew all that ,,,, but it had something to do with dnata ,, any way ,,, forget it ,,
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 11, 2005
Hey,

Don't get frustrated, sometimes people wait ages to get in.

What exactly did they tell you, did you ask for any feedback as to why they didn't accept you?

If you can't get inot Eimates, what about Gulf Air? Etihad Airways etc?
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2005
I have so many friends here in dubai works as crew...they are not get the job at the first time they applied..some of them get the job after 7 times applied...some of them lucky they get it when the first time apply,but not because u are an arab and u cannot got the JOB girl..the office boy is BLOODY annoying how could he said that to you???this is an arabic country u deserve to be here,n get the job here...i hate the way that bloody office boy treating you!!!

iam an asian...i really hate people majority whos staying in dubai...they hates arabs.but they love to stay here..

keep trying...girl..u'll get it if you really want it iam sure...
aimee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Bribe Jul 18, 2006
Money speaks man, bribe them, thats all they need, It is happening in Ministry of health, DNATA, Immigration everywhere
Ukite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 21, 2006
Did anyone notice majority of Dubai Dutyfree winners are Manglorean christians. though they are not the majority of passengers using Dubai airport still the winners, I have heard that the people working in DNATA or the DDF are Mangloreans and they must be the reason for this. Have you noticed that the DDF draw is not telecasted. check the winners below
1 Daniel Alex Santhosh 127 Indian 15 Jan 2000
4 Ralph Mendonca 2740 Indian 18 Apr 2000
7 Francis Joseph 2648 Indian 08 Aug 2000
13 Keith Brako 3177 Indian 29 May 2001
15 E. X. Fernandez (Internet Winner) 2382 Indian 28 Aug 2001
24 Anita Fernandes 1131 Indian 05 Nov 2002
26 Feria Effie Toscano 1121 Indian 28 Jan 2003
48 Aniceto Fernandes 0178 Indian 10 May 2005
there is one more recent winner which makes 8 winners among 61.............
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Jul 21, 2006
latest winner is Wilfred Fernades
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Jul 21, 2006
winners of finest surprises and harley's, looks like Fernandes are favorites--total of 6

Edgar Pinto 204 Mercedes Benz S500(Travertine Beige) 23-Oct Indian
1087 Henry Almeida 1199 Bentley Arnage R(Amber) 29-Mar Indian
1091 Lissy Vincent 0928 BMW 745Li (White) 03-Jun Indian
1093 Jafri David 0461 Jaguar XK8 Convertible (Midnight) 15-July Indian
1108 Jude Joseph Saldanha 0535 Mercedes Benz S500(Alabaster White) 09-Sep Indian
1148 Ovid. C. Fernandes 0882 Mercedes Benz S500 (Travertine Beige) 03-Aug Indian
1162 Christina Dominic 0654_ Jaguar XK8 (Radiance) 18-Jan Indian
1199 Justin Wilson 0067 Mercedes Benz S500(Chalcedony Blue) 16-August Indian
1226 John Fernandes 0927 Rolls Royce Phantom(Madeira Red ) 25-Mar Indian
1241 Wilfred Thomas Fernandes 0933. BMW 750Li 20-June Indian
0006 Maria H.P. Dapaz 0117 Harley-Davidson VRSCA V-Rod(Anodized Aluminum) 18-Feb Indian
0021 Flavia John Quadros 0788 Harley Davidson VRSCA V-Rod(Anodized Aluminum) 20-Dec Indian
0040 Rohan Rodrigues 0933 Harley Davidson FLSTCI Heritage Softail (Gold/Black) 19-Oct Indian
0057 Feria Effie Toscano 0001 Harley Davidson FLSTSCI Softail Springer Classis (Blue/Silver) 13-Sept Indian
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Jul 24, 2006
Two things:

(1) For some weird reason, being cabin crew is one of the most sought after jobs in the world. Hence, your application is just one of literally 100,000s. They only take the best, because they can.

(2) 8/61 = 13.5% - Hardly conclusive proof of rigging.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 26, 2006
castellano, you say you're an arab, so why does it shock you that wasta and discrimination is how things work in here?

i'm from a country that's supposed to be arab as well and this is the way things are and here, although a bit better than home, is not exception.

besides neither danata nor emirates airlines is decent, they ripped me off in the most bizarre way, it's not the right time now to tell my story but i had to pay a couple of thousand Dhs extra on my tickets because of their stupid mistake, and when i complained each of them tried to lay the blame on the other, although everybody knows they are one and the same.

and BTW ^ian^ , it's not true they take the best, i know a cabin crew girl in emirates who can't fcuken put two english words together, and all the other staff that i had to deal with in emirates and in dnata were idiots, so i have big doubts on the way they select their empoyees!
oldhippie
Dubai Forum User

Aug 01, 2006
I don’t know but it feels like or maybe sometime it looks like

(Emirates = UK x DANATA = India)
Let’s do the math!!!!

No offence to both nationalities when it comes to Reality
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Two things:

(1) For some weird reason, being cabin crew is one of the most sought after jobs in the world. Hence, your application is just one of literally 100,000s. They only take the best, because they can.

(2) 8/61 = 13.5% - Hardly conclusive proof of rigging.

Exactly. I'd like to know if the name "Ahmed" shows up even more than "Fernandes," simply because it is a common name.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 02, 2006
that list of winners is weird not a single arab sounding name :wink:
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Re: DNATA Aug 06, 2006
Edited: Grow up.
nishajuneja
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 10, 2006
its not edited, check the Dutyfree website, it is not the list of all winners but the percentage of winners from manglore christian community.
Ukite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 10, 2006
numbers before the names are the draw serial nimbers and u can judge how often these people are winning. u see these draws are not shown live so who knows what happens during a draw.
Ukite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 10, 2006
Ukite wrote:numbers before the names are the draw serial nimbers and u can judge how often these people are winning. u see these draws are not shown live so who knows what happens during a draw.

Well, you should report your investigation to Gulf News immediately!
^ian^

Sep 09, 2006
Gulf news is scared to publish any true fact. I had written so many letters and nothing has been published
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Sep 10, 2006
hillaryrowley wrote:Gulf news is scared to publish any true fact. I had written so many letters and nothing has been published

I don't think there's anything going on here, but hey, if you think you've got a good story, there's always 7 Days - they will publish anything.
^ian^

Sep 10, 2006
hillaryrowley wrote:Gulf news is scared to publish any true fact. I had written so many letters and nothing has been published

Maybe they just don't want to publish half arsed conspiracy theories?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Maybe they just don't want to publish half arsed conspiracy theories?

Medical science has not reported any half arsed syndrome. may be XRW-147 is suffering from this syndrome and he thinks everybody else does.
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Oct 19, 2006
^ian^ wrote:

I don't think there's anything going on here, but hey, if you think you've got a good story, there's always 7 Days - they will publish anything.

That's funny. It's true that 7Days will publish anything THEY like to whine about, but they used to edit my published car reviews if I insulted a car company too much.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list