True Friendship....... Is It Alive In Dubai?

Topic locked
True friendship....... is it alive in Dubai? Jul 04, 2006
Do you think True Freindship is still available in dubai?.... Or the place become to mechanical...and people dont have time for it?................or Women is being very materilistic?.......... Raj

okrajok
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

True Frienship Jul 06, 2006
I found that very true, I just move here a little over 6 months and found very horrifying, One of my buyer told me that its hard to find real friends in Dubai.... I do not why its hard.. some how we will know the answer would we...
Geraldine
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 07, 2006
i dnt think so?

friendship depends on many things ..culture religion and the person him self .dnt make up the friendship , let it be by it self.
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 07, 2006
many of us here have become friends, people need to help themselves.

Interestingly out of 6000 registered users and all the countless number of new members introducing themselves. at our last meeting there were about 55 of us. At least 75% were regular posters, so how come all these "new here blah blah" didnt turn up?

If you dont make the effort, then what do you really expect.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: True friendship....... is it alive in Dubai? Jul 08, 2006
okrajok wrote:Do you think True Freindship is still available in dubai?.... Or the place become to mechanical...and people dont have time for it?................or Women is being very materilistic?.......... Raj

yeah, friendship is hard to fin here, it is true
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:many of us here have become friends, people need to help themselves.

Interestingly out of 6000 registered users and all the countless number of new members introducing themselves. at our last meeting there were about 55 of us. At least 75% were regular posters, so how come all these "new here blah blah" didnt turn up?

If you dont make the effort, then what do you really expect.

I been a member in this forum little over 24 hours so can't really answer you on this one, I do hope to met all of you on the next DF event or meetings.

GI
Geraldine
Dubai Forums Member

Re: True friendship....... is it alive in Dubai? Jul 08, 2006
IMJ wrote:
okrajok wrote:Do you think True Freindship is still available in dubai?.... Or the place become to mechanical...and people dont have time for it?................or Women is being very materilistic?.......... Raj

Are you saying that its hard to find real friend in Dubai or your saying its hard to find real friends in the forum cause if so there is no point being here if we can't find friends, if its Dubai your referring to then it might be that people goes to wrong places, I don't know but its hard to believe that you can't find real friends in Dubai cause I am a real friend.

GI
Geraldine
Dubai Forums Member

Re: True Frienship Jul 08, 2006
Geraldine wrote:I found that very true, I just move here a little over 6 months and found very horrifying, One of my buyer told me that its hard to find real friends in Dubai.... I do not why its hard.. some how we will know the answer would we...

all i can say is very true..

d city is mechanical....
suchit_17
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: True friendship....... is it alive in Dubai? Jul 10, 2006
Geraldine wrote:
IMJ wrote:

Are you saying that its hard to find real friend in Dubai or your saying its hard to find real friends in the forum cause if so there is no point being here if we can't find friends, if its Dubai your referring to then it might be that people goes to wrong places, I don't know but its hard to believe that you can't find real friends in Dubai cause I am a real friend.

GI

being on this forum does not mean one is looking for friends, if i meet some nice ppl it is good, if not it is ok as well.
forum is a way to spend time sometimes
and about Dubai i would say it is hard to find friends, not some ppl to hang out for a few drinks, but real friends, thanks god i was lucky enough to find a few good ones who are there for me whenever i need their help or just their presence.
ppl are kinda a bit more shallow here and there is a big class division, u know, so, finding friends like we would back in our countries is harder here.
and, yeah, thanks for being so sweet and saying u r a real friend

:)
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 12, 2006
To find friends you have to go out into the real world and look for them....it is harder here cos everyone is so busy but no-one is going to come knocking on your doo- so out you go! Join a club- sports, social, arty, business networky thing- whatever and just get out there- screw up your courage- smile and be nice- and in no time you will have friends!

Use your hobbies or skills as a stepping stone to meeting people!

Good luck!
vixnax
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 12, 2006
Dubai is such a transcient city so many people make short term superficial friendships as they know they won't be here long. You have to get out there and meet people to make really great friends and friendships take effort like any relationship. Certainly I've made a good circle of friends who are fantastic people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 19, 2006
But true frienship is another term
danial
Dubai Forum User

True friendship....... is it alive in Dubai? Jul 19, 2006
Personally I've found it normal like anywhere else I have been to..however, at work it seems hard to have such a real friend because of the high competition between colleagues...so the friend at work is just a friend or colleague..while out of work it is definetly easy to have friends who are real friends like what I do...

Dubai is part of the world where good things will always be..so true friends are availabe if you are initiative to show the same...

have a nice eve colleagues :wink:
please be happy and dont make me hit my desk anymore..lol
Racanitto
Dubai Expat Wannabe

sure Jul 21, 2006
finding real friends is not easy.....but it never is
you cannot leave your home country and expect everything to fall in your lap

i agree its nice`to meet new people....but as someone said you'll make your real friends when you have something in common with them
other than just wasting time chatting on the net. :D
thepermanenttourist
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 22, 2006
hmm
the one who is really looking for true friend, to who you can trust; feel free to contact me anytime. i shall give you my contact number just pm me.
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

FRIENDS IN DUBAI Aug 09, 2007
HI
MY NAME IS LEENA. AM WORKING WITH SHELL AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS SANAULLAH KHAN. I HAVE BEEN IN DUBAI ALL MY LIFE AND MY HUSBAND HAS COME FROM SAUDI ARABIA. BOTH OF US ARE INDIANS. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING TO MEET MATURE EDUCATED LIKE MINDED PEOPLE IN DUBAI. DO WRITE BACK AND WE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE.
KHANS
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: True Frienship Aug 10, 2007
Geraldine wrote:I found that very true, I just move here a little over 6 months and found very horrifying, One of my buyer told me that its hard to find real friends in Dubai.... I do not why its hard.. some how we will know the answer would we...

Everybody has to work too much just to survive!
Cupid
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance