Sales Girls W/ Too Much Makeup & Sales Guys With Too Muc

Topic locked
Sales girls w/ too much makeup & sales guys with too muc Jul 17, 2006
Sales girls wearing too much makeup, arranging their hair at the counter mirrors, looking and acting bored and sales guys wearing too much hair gel and perfume and obviously suffering from ADD (attention deficit disorder). Isn't this common in many department stores? OK, we know the type, but their appeareance doesn't really matter, what matters is their customer service (or lack of it).

Example: I recently went to the cosmetics counter at Sahara mall (Sharjah) to get a perfume for a gift. There were about 6 sales girls standing around or talking to each other or at the mirror fixing their makeup. There were only two of us potential clients there, but not one of the sales girls approached us. And the one that we approached was bored, unhelpful and busy snapping her chewing gum.

How often do you encounter these made-up sales reps that take more time doing their hair than helping customers?

freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 17, 2006
I have absolutely no problem with the lovely sales girls making themselves look even more beautiful!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 17, 2006
Looks like HP has competition as the DF Manwhore of the year.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Looks like HP has competition as the DF Manwhore of the year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: god its good to have u back
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 17, 2006
i guess it depends on the kind of business they are doing. If they arent doing good business they will take extra efforts for customers
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 17, 2006
What's their incentive to do otherwise. They'll get the same 700 dirhams a month whether they sell 100 dirhams worth of stuff or 10,000,000.00!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006
actaully I prefer the self involved sellers. What I hate is when I walk into a store and the seller starts explaining to me what I'm looking at.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 17, 2006
Corcovado wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: god its good to have u back

Awww... thanks.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006

I'm sure I don't know what you mean!!! :shock: :shock:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 17, 2006
Most sales people know nothing about what they are selling, and concord pointed out exactly the reason there is no motivation. One more reason is the consumer here is stupid (maybe less in prefumes and clothes but more in electronics) so the sales guy/girl will be able to sell with no effort.

However on a positive side i have always been very pleased to talk to Axiom's sales reps they all seem very well trained and know there phones inside out. I really love it when a sales guy/girl knows there product inside out.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:However on a positive side i have always been very pleased to talk to Axiom's sales reps they all seem very well trained and know there phones inside out. I really love it when a sales guy/girl knows there product inside out.

Cut me in on the "commission"!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote: I really love it when a sales guy/girl knows there product inside out.

Yeah...i had a wonderful experience while buying a wireless router at PCWorld.

Although it took me ages to locate a salesperson, he more than made up for that initial irritation with his knowledge of the product and useful suggestions.

PS - The post Christmas sale ensured that it was half price too :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 17, 2006
Corcovado wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: god its good to have u back

No he's Jesus, I'm God! :wink:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 17, 2006
Getting back to the topic:

what i really, really hate is when you walk into a store, be it shoes, clothes etc and you have a salesperson following you. Damn it, if I want some assistance I will call. It bugs the hell out of me that I know that they are just in the corner of my eye and the minute you touch something or pick something up, they are on you, like a damn rash. :evil:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 17, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Getting back to the topic:

what i really, really hate is when you walk into a store, be it shoes, clothes etc and you have a salesperson following you. Damn it, if I want some assistance I will call. It bugs the hell out of me that I know that they are just in the corner of my eye and the minute you touch something or pick something up, they are on you, like a damn rash. :evil:

yorky i once read that this is a cultural thing. apparently asian shoppers are used to this type of attention and like it. Where usually the western shopper is more comfortable with the i-will-fetch-you-if-i-need-you style.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006
yorky500 wrote:No he's Jesus, I'm God! :wink:

I am not and do not follow neither.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2006
Frankly speaking sales girl are very very cute . :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 17, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
yorky500 wrote:No he's Jesus, I'm God! :wink:

I am not and do not follow neither.

well, some think you are the latter or the former. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 17, 2006
yorky500 wrote:well, some think you are the latter or the former. :lol:

Dillusion is the first sign of insanity, or that the 'hit' was good.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
yorky500 wrote:Getting back to the topic:

yorky i once read that this is a cultural thing. apparently asian shoppers are used to this type of attention and like it. Where usually the western shopper is more comfortable with the i-will-fetch-you-if-i-need-you style.

I think it is also to do with commission/incentive based sales ..... if a sales person can smell a commission they will not leave you alone!!
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 18, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:i think we need to cut them some slack here....these guys n girls work really hard for long hours and for a really louzy wager.

I know coz i used to be into sales and promoting...plus they are obliged to look at their best....as for the yawning...its reall hard to stay awake and intereste from 8 to 7 pm.....im sur emost of them work 8-12 hour shifts standing! with probably an hour of half for lunch brake....its the worst job ever...n yet u get all theses customer bothering u with louzy and wise a#s questions....thats why i quite....

So i really respect these ppl and do my best to make it easy as possible for them when i visite.

very well said...there is hope yet....come on admit it...you're a big softie inside...lol
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 18, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:lol.....i have the qualities of both.....

being an asshole and a softie

i think u have a good heart Dave ... although u like u play a jerk
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 18, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:i think we need to cut them some slack here....these guys n girls work really hard for long hours and for a really louzy wager.

I know coz i used to be into sales and promoting...plus they are obliged to look at their best....as for the yawning...its reall hard to stay awake and intereste from 8 to 7 pm.....im sur emost of them work 8-12 hour shifts standing! with probably an hour of half for lunch brake....its the worst job ever...n yet u get all theses customer bothering u with louzy and wise a#s questions....thats why i quite....

So i really respect these ppl and do my best to make it easy as possible for them when i visite.

I completely agree with you. I know that a sales associate job is tough. I don't think it is entirely a sale reps' fault that he/she doesn't have good customer service skills. I think that companies should make improvements to their sales associates positions and I think that companies and stores should should provide them with more perks and incentives. Then they should invest time in proper and quality service training for the sake of us, the customers.
freza
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat