Wallabies Vs. All Blacks

Topic locked
Wallabies Vs. All Blacks Jul 06, 2006
Any DFMrs want to come and watch the game on saturday? Kickoff is 11:35 am - I was thinking of heading to the Irish Village to watch it.

For those who aren't aware, this is the most watched game of Rugby in the world each year.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 06, 2006
All Blacks win by 12 points!!! :wink:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
ajb wrote:All Blacks win by 12 points!!! :wink:

Given how they looked against Ireland and Argentina, I think they'll be lucky to score 12 points.

One thing is for sure, this will definitely be more a contest than last years horrible effort by the Wobblies.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
Go to Aussie legends mate, the atmo will be awesome.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
ajb wrote:All Blacks win by 12 points!!! :wink:

Given how they looked against Ireland and Argentina, I think they'll be lucky to score 12 points.

One thing is for sure, this will definitely be more a contest than last years horrible effort by the Wobblies.

yeah but those games were little more than practice ..... they had only been together as a team for 4 days before the first Ireland game. Plus the disrespecting of the Haka by the Aussie media will boil their blood and raise their determination!
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
Who, What, Huh?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
ajb wrote:Plus the disrespecting of the Haka by the Aussie media will boil their blood and raise their determination!

Nah, this happens every year. The Haka isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
Liban wrote:Who, What, Huh?

You don't have to reply to everything, unless of course you're just trying to keep your post count ticking over.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
Id take a haka over a waltzing matilda anyday!!
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
Its a shame I have to work on Saturday, otherwise I would defo be up for watching this with you.

Well, Aussie Legends would be a good spot to watch, however, not if you are a Kiwi supporter! hahahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2006
ajb wrote:Id take a haka over a waltzing matilda anyday!!

Haka - fishing story.
Waltzing Matilda - story about a man who drowns whilst trying to steal a sheep.

Both are kind of pointless.

The Haka has no venom especially when the team is full of skinny pale metros.e.xuals from Auckland.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
Not entirely sure about the fishing reference ..... and not sure how many Auckland lads are in the team at present either??
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
ajb wrote:Not entirely sure about the fishing reference

Check it out.

..... and not sure how many Auckland lads are in the team at present either??

OK, skinny metroseksuals from the south. I mean seriously, its hard to be scared of the haka when the people doing it are more worried about their hairstyles and their little goaties than they are about scaring the crap out of the opponents just by staring insanely at them whilst slapping their thighs, poking their tongues out and waving their hands in the air.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
And with a city like Sydney you criticise Auckland for Metro guys hahaha give me a break :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
ajb wrote:And with a city like Sydney you criticise Auckland for Metro guys hahaha give me a break :lol:

Dude, in %pop stats, Auckland is the metro capital of the world. And where is the largest NZ population outside of NZ may I ask? Sydney.

Once were warriors, now a bunch of semi-queer metro boys worried about their complexion.

Note to moderators: This is part of the pre-Bledisloe ritual, for a kiwi and an aussie to wind each other up.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
Yes mods nothing to moderate in this thread .... NZ and Aus are the best of mates until Bledisloe time.

Well if they are nothing more than a bunch of metro's it doesnt say much for machoism in Aussie cause we win the super 12/14 and tri nations much more than anyone else!!

And just because they fight with handbags doesnt make them any less manly!! :lol: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Once were warriors, now a bunch of semi-queer metro boys worried about their complexion.

Cook me some eggs biatch!! :lol: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
ajb wrote:Well if they are nothing more than a bunch of metro's it doesnt say much for machoism in Aussie cause we win the super 12/14 and tri nations much more than anyone else!!

You mean one team Cantebury wins the Super 14 each year. I've now heard it referred to as the Super Boreteen and even the Super Abortion, because the NZRFU have so heavily stacked the Crusaders with talent its basically the All Blacks. There should be an enquiry into it... oh hang on, most of the NZRFU board are from the South Island.

Meanwhile Aus and SA are intent on developing players which means mixing the experience with the inexperienced. It doesn't make for pretty Rugby or even get results at S14 level, but it appears to be paying off at test level.

Anyway cussie bro - I gots to work.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
Well Auckland won it the first 3 years I think canterbury have won it the rest except maybe one year the Brumbies took it out .... South Africa well they have never even come close.

And theres not enough talent in Aus to stack into one team to get a result! :wink:

and if its working so well for you why is NZ still ranked number one in the world??

Anyway Im off home so we will just have to wait for the game tomorrow night and one of us will be eating our words!! Good luck! :wink:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Liban wrote:Who, What, Huh?

You don't have to reply to everything, unless of course you're just trying to keep your post count ticking over.

Yes I have to reply to everything. Arnie is too good at overtaking :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
umm .. i need to watch a game of rugby with a patient person .. Cricket and Rugby are two sports i really want to understand .. one day
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
hahah this HAS to be doctored ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
MaaaD wrote:hahah this HAS to be doctored ..

Yes its a play on an incident that happened the other month, where Tana Umaga - former All Black Captain, attacked a fellow player in a pub with... a woman's handbag.

Apparently the NZRFU is outraged over the commercial. The ARU said they have nothing to do with it but it is p!ss funny.
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
I think its racist to have an all black team which excludes people of other races. And to allow such a team to play professionally is shameful.

Damn Aussies :twisted:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Liban its the NZ team that's the all-blacks
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 06, 2006
Sorry, then damn Kiwis would be more appropriate :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
Liban wrote:I think its racist to have an all black team which excludes people of other races. And to allow such a team to play professionally is shameful.

Damn Aussies :twisted:

They're lucky we even let them play at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_blacks
^ian^

Jul 06, 2006
I thougth they changed the name to "all wacks".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 07, 2006
Liban wrote:Sorry, then damn Kiwis would be more appropriate :)

haha the All Blacks refers to the colour of their uniforms nothing to do with the colour of their skin .... very multicultural team (and country) in reality ...... nothing like our canary yellow uniformed rednecked Pauline Hanson loving cousins from across the Tasman :violent3:

And no one is that up in arms about the piss taking of the Haka by the Aussies .... much more controvesy is that Fiat has launched an ad campaign in Italy with Italian women doing the haka .. (little strange that one).

And Tana Umaga will unfortunately not be swinging any handbags at the Aussies this weekend as he has just signed an overseas contract for $1.4 million for 10 games.

Maad Id be more than happy when I get up there to explain the game to you ....

Good god Concord your not an Australian too are you??? Im so very outnumbered in here!!
ajb
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat