Why Don't Blacks Have A Sense Of Humour?

Topic locked
Why Don't Blacks Have a Sense Of Humour? Nov 06, 2011
What is it with black people? They don't appear to have a sense of humour :(

If you are fat, you are billed as being jolly and all those fat jokes are supposed to be taken in the manner they are meant, just for fun :D

Not our coloured brothers though :shock: You can't mock a black person as that is classed as being racist!

There has been two occasions recently where black people have lost their sense of humour, big style!

John Terry, England and Chelsea Football Club captain, referred to Anton Ferdinand (in the heat of the moment) as a fu**ing bl*ck c*nt, and yesterday Steve Williams, caddy to the stars and recently Tiger Woods, refered to Tiger as that black ar$ehole.

So what?

If John had called Anton a fu**ing fat bas*ard, or Steve had called Tiger a serial shagger, there wouldn't have been a problem, but mention the word black and your career is over :shock:

Get over yourselves black people! Why the big chips on your shoulders?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Why Don't Blacks Have A Sense Of Humour? Nov 06, 2011
well if he truely is a c*nt and just happens to be black, and tiger is an @sshole who also happens to be black, then i dont see what the f%#king problem is, i happen to laugh at arab stereotypes in movies and songs.

general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Why Don't Blacks Have a Sense Of Humour? Nov 06, 2011
general, can I point out that there is nothing more attractive than a man with a sense of humour. :D
Bethsmum

Re: Why Don't Blacks Have A Sense Of Humour? Nov 06, 2011
BM, are you referring to that Sheikh in the second video the General posted?
Yes, he made me smile too, but attractive?
Something the matter with me, I know :drunken:
zonker
BANNED

Self deprecating humour, the ability to laugh at oneself is a true measure of character, I think there is something very basic missing from your moral fibre if you’re incapable of laughing at yourself from time to time. When you look at the success of so many comedians who’s ethos was Self deprecating humour, Jimmy Clitheroe who’s schemes never went as planned, Tommy Cooper’s magic tricks that invariably went awry, Morecambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, Dave Allen, Peter Sellers, Billy Connolly and I’m sure there are many more who told stories and played sketches about themselves who ended up very successful, funny and respected individuals. Ferdinand? Well he’s just another coward hiding behind the protective cloak of Britain’s one-sided race Laws.

:roll:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Steve Williams issued an apology yesterday morning and according to Sky News the PGA, although saying the remark was totally unacceptable, will take no further action and the matter is now closed.

Bravo, to them and a big round of applause from me.

On the other hand John Terry is being investigated by the Met Police for his remark and his career could, potentially, be over.
If Anton Ferdinand had been a sportsman, he would have realised that the remark was made in the heat of the moment. If Anton had had a problem in the vision department for instance, JT could have called him a f**king cross eyed c*nt but because he mentioned his colour, all hell has been let loose.

Chelsea fans are not amused. They sang 'Anton, you know what you are' at the top of their voices during Chelsea's match when JT was left on the bench. :twisted:

The matter has been blown out of all proportion.

-- Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:57 pm --

zonker wrote:BM, are you referring to that Sheikh in the second video the General posted?
Yes, he made me smile too, but attractive?
Something the matter with me, I know :drunken:

No Zonker! I was refering to the general. He makes me smile every time I see his name come up :P
Don't be jealous tho! You are still BM's favourite :wink:
Bethsmum

To be honest there was nothing humorous about those insults, said to anyone, anywhere and they'd be offensive. The fact that the word 'black' was included would clearly make it personal. Why add it? Just goes to show, some people still can't look past skin colour - well that's the way I view it.

With regard to actual jokes and taking the micky, yes people in general have lost they're sense of humour and who do we have to blame for that? The PC brigade. I was watching episodes of Spitting Image the other day, no way in heck you'd get away with what they did these days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Why Don't Blacks Have a Sense Of Humour? Nov 07, 2011
I think you've missed the point Chocs. The insults weren't meant to be humerous.

In the case of Tiger Woods, he probably is an a$$hole, going by past performances when his wife nearly brained him when he was running away from her, but beacause his ex caddy said he was a black a$$hole, it then became unacceptable. Had they called JT a white a$$hole when he was playing away, no-one would have blinked an eye.

JT, allegedly, called Anton Ferdinand a fu**ing black c*nt. Well he is black so what's the problem? Surely calling him a F**king c*nt is the bad bit :shock: JT isn't racist. He won't throw stones at black people in the street.

As for comedians being PC, you should look at Ricky Gervais.

Ricky Gervais: 'Just because someone is offended doesn't mean they're right.'

His new comedy is about dwarfs and is called 'Life's too Short' LOL

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/ ... sfeed=true
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:What is it with black people? They don't appear to have a sense of humour :(

If you are fat, you are billed as being jolly and all those fat jokes are supposed to be taken in the manner they are meant, just for fun :D

Not our coloured brothers though :shock: You can't mock a black person as that is classed as being racist!

There has been two occasions recently where black people have lost their sense of humour, big style!

John Terry, England and Chelsea Football Club captain, referred to Anton Ferdinand (in the heat of the moment) as a fu**ing bl*ck c*nt, and yesterday Steve Williams, caddy to the stars and recently Tiger Woods, refered to Tiger as that black ar$ehole.

So what?

If John had called Anton a fu**ing fat bas*ard, or Steve had called Tiger a serial shagger, there wouldn't have been a problem, but mention the word black and your career is over :shock:

I don't think you will get any answer from a black person on the forum as I don't think there are any...or maybe there are :wink:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:What is it with black people? They don't appear to have a sense of humour :(

So what?

I don't think you will get any answer from a black person on the forum as I don't think there are any...or maybe there are :wink:

Yes there are a few actually.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ambassador wrote:I don't think you will get any answer from a black person on the forum as I don't think there are any...or maybe there are :wink:

Now I have another picture :?

-- Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:34 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Yes there are a few actually.

It all depends on what you call black, init.
Bethsmum

Chocoholic wrote:
Ambassador wrote:

So what?

Yes there are a few actually.

Really ? I'm surprised.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Why Don't Blacks Have a Sense Of Humour? Nov 08, 2011
Someone is called a "fu**ing bl*ck c*nt" and you expect them to laugh that off?

You are seriously fu**ing warped (take that how you want)

See you another 6 months when I'm that bored again to visit this forum.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

People get called worse.

Tiger Woods has spoken in defence of his ex caddy this morning and said that he is not racist.

Anton Ferdinand has received a death threat.
Bethsmum

FTD wrote:Someone is called a "fu**ing bl*ck c*nt" and you expect them to laugh that off?

You are seriously fu**ing warped (take that how you want)

See you another 6 months when I'm that bored again to visit this forum.

Mmmmmm.

6 months til the next madman rant.

I doubt it somehow. :D
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I'm always amazed how people take offence where none is meant. Black men in the US refer to themselves as niggers but I don't think that it would be acceptable coming from a honkie. :D
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat