I Am Annoyed.

Topic locked
I am annoyed. Apr 28, 2006
I read this few months ago in the newspaper…people purposely damaging cars in the parking lot. They scratch the paint vigorously with their keys or other pointed objects, and yes it happened to my car! Not one but two very obvious scratches. What the hell? Why? What kind of psycho pathetic mentality is this? What kind of a person would seek pleasure in such behavior. Simply sickening! and there is nothing we can do about it! :evil:

Wanted to get this out! Thanks for reading.

easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 28, 2006
Oh man I feel for you, People are just diks at times, I had a guy slash a nice little whole in my roof when I use to own a convertible (that and the heat were the two reasons I recommended a hard top for you) I feel for you and sorry to hear it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 29, 2006
What kind of a person would seek pleasure in such behavior.

One word sis: sickos.

In december last year somebody broke DEWA's water pipe of my house.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 29, 2006
This is a sad situation and endemic in some countries in Europe. The 'have nots' are jealous of the 'haves' and feel it neccessary to cause mindless damage out of a misguided sense of revenge.

Anyone who is seen doing it should accidentally fall down a few sets of stairs before being reported to the police and hauled away in handcuffs!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 01, 2006
Sorry to hear that EJ... :(

But your insurance will cover it, no?
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

May 02, 2006
Defo wrote:Sorry to hear that EJ... :(

But your insurance will cover it, no?

am afraid not Defo. :( I m reluctant to get a polish done cause what if it happens again? So I have to live with that damage at the moment..

Although I feel better now about my car, but I still feel there should be some way I can stumble on the culprit & report him to the police. I was surprised to read about Fayz & Nucleus. I didn’t know these things are so frequent!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 02, 2006
speaking of car demaged. I have a story to tell.

I have a rental car from Dollar... I park my car outside our apartment everyday. The other day was my day off, and i was very luckly that a police saw a 4x4 hit my car and he caught the driver and called Dollar rental. It was a very small demage in the front, but I bet this guy will run away if the police was not around. I would imagine that this guy's car will be totally fine, as I didn't understand the police I would say that his tow bar hit my car.

Just my lucky day!! Or else I would have to pay for the repair!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
I got one more frustrating thing to add, I left my car parked at the airport for a couple days while i was on a business trip to Qatar, came back and I had yet another rub on the car. It really irks me the way no one respects anyone elses property.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 03, 2006
Oh...... i'm really annoyed for all of you guys, and wishes that wouldn't happen to my ride.

I didn't think this happens in dubai, i thought only in my country people do that because of hatred and envy. didn't think it would be the case in dubai.

Also about hit and run, i hate that, thats why we pay insurance, so why the hell people run?????

I think the insurance cover for the hit and run cases too, you have just to do a police report. that is my policey when i used to rent a car.

Cheers
yshimy

May 03, 2006
I think (and it is pretty recent) there is a fine involved now for the driver that hit your car on the basis of reckless driving. So if you get the pink slip, you get a fine too.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat