I Need Urgently An Information !!!!

Topic locked
I need urgently an information !!!! Apr 27, 2006
Hallo, i don't know if is the right place where to post my request of information but i really hope somebody can help me .
Is not regarding me, i have my company but a friend of me has just change job after 2 years in a company .
Before was enought that the company give the letter of ok and she can change but now they told that the law has change and or she pay the labour office around 9000dhs or she mus go out of the country six mounths .
Somebody know if is it true ? They told her is a new law, for me it seems very strange, if somebody can help me to understand, please...is very important !!!

netviking
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 27, 2006
the new law entitles employees to transfer from one employer to another after completion of a minimum of one year of service, and a "no objection certificate" from thier current employer.

you cna only transfer the visa, not have it cancelled or the 6 month labour ban will be imposed! the bit about her leaving the country for 6 months is not entirely true. she can leave the country and re-enter on a visit visa, but cannot have an application for a labour card processed within this period. also if she worked on a visit visa during this time it would be illegal and she could be deported if she were caught.

the 9,000 dirhams come in with regard to the transfer fees. under the old regulation it would only cost about 2,500 dirhams to apply for a labour application. transfering sponsorhsip is much more expensive, at least 5,000 per person, and is also dependant on the position she holds in the company - the higher the position, the more the new employer has to pay to transfer!!!

9,000 seems very steep though!!!!!

most employers will carry the cost of the transfer over to the employee - while this is not legally right (the employer is supposed to cover all the expenses of employment), thier attitude is.... "well if you want to move, we have a job for you, but you must pay the transfer costs ..."
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 27, 2006
Thank you very much !!!
So if i understud correctly, is right.
With the new law when she transfer the VISA she must pay, i think is crazy, her salary will be 5000dhs per mounth and is possible she must pay 9000 to transfer the VISA ????
What if she don't have this money?
I'll pay it for her but if i was not beside her, what could happen ?
netviking
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 27, 2006
well, according to the labour law the employer would normally be responsible for the charges. but, as i said, because the cost of the transfer is so much higher than the previous method of visa processing they may (or will) ask the employee to cover the charges.

what she could do is to ask them for copies of all the payments made to the department of labour, and to tell them that she will only pay for what has been charged (by labour). as i said 9,000 sounds to high, i think her new employer may be trying to make some money out of the deal...

this is assuming of course that this is done legally.... if not, and this is done through some "connection" at the department of labour then this could in fact be the "fee"

she could of course look for work in one of the freezones, which doesn't require a transfer and no ban is involved.

have a look at one of the other postings on freezones - posted yesterday
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 27, 2006
Thanks again, she already resigned from the old company after get the new job, so i think she must pay, i just think she must check better how much she must pay....
Anyway, where can i see the post for the jobs in the freezone ?
netviking
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 27, 2006
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=30

the postings related to the freezones are towards the end of the page
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum