What Kind Of Career Field Is Popular In Dubai

Topic locked
What kind of career field is popular in Dubai Jul 21, 2009
I am sure tourism is the top one, any thing else?

trentfx
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: What Kind Of Career Field Is Popular In Dubai Mar 03, 2014
I don't know,because I am a new member in this website.
ijinmarine
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: What Kind Of Career Field Is Popular In Dubai Mar 03, 2014
These fields are quite popular here:

Hotel Management
Transportation
Travel & Tourism
Engineering
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Kind Of Career Field Is Popular In Dubai Mar 21, 2014
The travel and tourism industry in the UAE was responsible for supporting, directly and indirectly, nearly half a million jobs last year, and is expected to add more this year, said a report.

“In 2013, the travel and tourism industry indirectly supported 497,000 jobs, which is 9.1 per cent of total employment,” the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) said in its comments about UAE. The industry is likely to support another 26,000 jobs this year, it added. This means that tourism will account for 523,000 jobs in 2014.

WTTC data showed that the industry directly supported 291,000 jobs last year, making up 5.3 per cent of the total employment generated in the UAE in 2013. The numbers are likely to improve further this year to 308,000 direct jobs being supported by the travel and tourism industry.
According to the global tourism body, 11.3 million visitors came to the UAE last year.
Dubai, UAE’s commercial and entertainment hub, alone received over 10 million tourists last year and aims to double to 20 million annually by the end of this decade. Dubai’s tourism industry received a major boost after it won Expo 2020, which will help it in attracting huge investments and creating thousands of jobs over the next 5-6 years.

source: http://www.emirates247.com/news/which-b ... 0-1.542305
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai