In Need Of Advice

Topic locked
In need of advice Feb 11, 2013
I'm an 18 yearl old emirati girl. My parents are divorced and it ended very badly, my mom was hit occasionally and me and my siblings were too young to realise because my dad never did it infront of us, he would hit her and threaten her when she wouldn't listen to him, eventually she gathered the courage and tried to divorce him, it took about 6 years to officially leave through out that period she left the house often and would come back only because he wouldn't let her see her kids. After she left whatever problems he gave her turned to me for a couple of years I would tell him that I was still speaking to her and seeing her, but the lectures about how my mother was no a good person got too much for me to handle and now I see her without telling him, I feel bad for lying to him but I couldn't take the lectures. I started dating a non muslim foreigner more than a year ago I have introduced him to my family but they don't except him and want nothing to do with him, I have met his family and am inlove with them, they treat me like I was one of their kids. My father has been putting restrictions on me and not letting me out of the house I have abit of freedom but I can not take the lectures, he thinks I'm a liar and I won't deny that I have lied to him before, but he abuses me verbally and make me feel like a horrible person, if I argure with him or try to tell prove my point he'll tell me to shut up, call me a liar and other names, if I argue with him after he tells me to be quiet he'll hit me. I want to leave home and I told him once, he threatened to ruin my boyfriends life and his families. I can't go live with my mother because he'll ruin her life too and she's just started her new life and is finally semi happy. I want to leave and can not marry my boyfriend because I need my fathers permission. I need to leave my home. My brothers are all on my fathers side except for my younger brother, none of them speak to my mother because of the lies my father has told them. I need to know what to do. I can not live with them anymore.
Sorry for the long post.
Please help.

AnonymousEmirati
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: In Need Of Advice May 15, 2013
Well After reading this huge post , the very first thing I will ask you to consider your options and then decide.
If we talk about religion, as you have told us that you have made a non muslim boyfriend, If you have been involved with him physically than the religion says stoning you to death if you don't beg for forgiveness to the holy Lord and stay away from that act onward.

I totally blame your father in this matter. Women, especially house wives have rights on husbands which they are bound to follow. Your father betrayed those laws / preachings of religion , Your mom got annoyed as a consequence to the actions your father took and as your mother stayed away from the religion and so are you.

The question is what you should do now?

Now there are two sides of the picture. Your personal life (survival) and your religous life being a muslim. Talking about your personal life. I think human rights comission is very strong here and the judge for human rights can make your father give you all the inheritance and can make you live free but you still need a dependent either a husband or your boyfriend. As per Islamic laws in UAE, you cannot marry your non muslim boyfriend, there is only one way that you fly with him to his country and if he is local too, then forget it . Regardless of your choice or marrying him or not if you stay with him and if you are caught, you will face heavy panelty. So whats needed is to have a source of income which can help you survive. I don't know what is your qualification, but if you are well qualified you can easily get a good job and you can live a free life.

Now comes to your religious life. There is no question you can marry your non muslim boyfriend. Whatever you have done so far is non islamic and you are guilty of a huge sin which you are supposed to beg for forgiveness to holy Lord.
SanaRabbani
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: In Need Of Advice May 16, 2013
SanaRabbani ,

Oh dear!!
Had a look at your web-site! Full of naked women (skimpily dressed)!
Tauba! Tauba! "touching my ears"....... :shock:

I think both you and Anonymous have a lot of begging for forgiveness to do from Allah :cry:
Jonkers
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: In Need Of Advice May 18, 2013
I am a dress designer
SanaRabbani
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: In Need Of Advice May 18, 2013
SanaRabbani , :) and a dress designer has to have adequate grip over the "physique" of the customer ;)
malickusman
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: In Need Of Advice May 20, 2013
My dear... u r in a very difficult and complicated situation... u r 18yrs. Old... a local here in dubai... dubai is a muslim country and the fact that u r a born muslim... oh my my my... the only advice that i can give u is talk to ur mom about this... if shes on ur side... the best advice u will get is from her but if shes not on ur side then... u just have to deal with this for now... and wait till u reach ur legal age to marry... dont worry about anything dont rush on this everything will be alright in the right time...i understand what u have...
Mikozma
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 01, 2013
sana nice website had a quick browse, nothing there that would really interest me but its a nice website.. i dont see the the like in jonker quote about why say thoba thoba... jonkers gone bonkers.

anouminousemirati... well girl let me tell you a little story.. a good friend of mine met a local emirati girl here in dubai they decided to get married through islamic law once again here in dubai... she is muslim he also is muslim...

her parents dont agree the goverment also desagrees as he is not local... now this has been going on for over a year they both live seperatly but under islamic law they are both married, but under the law of uae there not... he suffers everyday and also she has to suffer aswell.

your case little girl.. you want to marry a non muslim in a muslim land... you buggered and also he aint going to be spared.

two muslims want to marry from differnt parets of the world cant marry what hope do you really have... zilch.... be honest with yourself and move on, it seems like youve been throuigh alot and so has your family i dont think they need this burden on them.
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 01, 2013
a male can marry a non muslim however a female muslim cannot marry a non muslim he would need to revert to islam.
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 02, 2013
DUBAICOMMPANION WHY ARE YOU SO CONFUSED... let us help you
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 03, 2013
As far as i know and have seen in some cases local females cannot marry anyone besides a muslim, however if the parents disagree that muslims should only be a local too...

so local girl can only marry a local guy.... this is probaly because they would like to build on there own people and population as there isnt many locals majority are all ex-pats.. so i can totally understand there ligitimacy.

However in islam a male muslim can marry a non muslim.. but a female muslim can not marry a non muslim male.. there are several reasons why.. im not to learned on this maybe someone else can help, but as far as i know males have a slight more authority over woman and are mostly the bread winners.. (women please and i state please do not get the wrong end of the stick).

Tiem has changed and woman are quite in control over everything but there emotions.. a mans emotions are very rarely shown as for women its shown very easily.. but all woman.

A friend of mine a muslim wants to marry a local girl and she agrees but her parents are not agreeing because he is not local hes arab but not local arab, the courts are playing around with him, not agreeing with the marriage etc..hes been messed around for so long.
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 04, 2013
I am Sonali Sinha 22 years old. I am Indian and present time live in Dubai UAE. I do job at Dubai companion travel agency in Dubai. I am here Travel Guide and my salary is 2464 aed per month. So I do my work very honesty and permanent.

As you know that I am Travel agent in Dubai Companion travel agency. One Day a young man come my agency and told Dubai Companion manager your a big tour many places in Dubai. Then my boss said me that a new customer came to companion agency. whose want to a big tour many places in Dubai. So boss book me for that customer. I replied sir I am ready to this tour so you say him yes.

Then the next day I went with my client in Dubai tour and I saw him Many beautiful places. And informs them about the places. But he is not listening me and seeing lot time. After some he told me that I like you and I want to marry you!

What do you say...
I keep quit and full finished our tour. And I come back my Dubai Companion travel Agency.

So I asking all of readers, What do you say about that.......
Sonali Sinha
Travel Guide at
Dubai Companion travel agency

Advice me that What I do?

--- Sep 04, 2013 ---

I am Sonali Sinha 22 years old. I am Indian and present time live in Dubai UAE. I do job at Dubai companion travel agency in Dubai. I am here Travel Guide and my salary is 2464 aed per month. So I do my work very honesty and permanent.

As you know that I am Travel agent in Dubai Companion travel agency. One Day a young man come my agency and told Dubai Companion manager your a big tour many places in Dubai. Then my boss said me that a new customer came to companion agency. whose want to a big tour many places in Dubai. So boss book me for that customer. I replied sir I am ready to this tour so you say him yes.

Then the next day I went with my client in Dubai tour and I saw him Many beautiful places. And informs them about the places. But he is not listening me and seeing lot time. After some he told me that I like you and I want to marry you!

What do you say...
I keep quit and full finished our tour. And I come back my Dubai Companion travel Agency.

So I asking all of readers, What do you say about that.......
Sonali Sinha
Travel Guide at
Dubai Companion travel agency

I need advic
sonalisinha777
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 04, 2013
I Heartly big thanks
sonalisinha777
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: In Need Of Advice Sep 12, 2013
Hi.. if someone is wanting to marry you and he knows your current occupation... which in hinesight is not a professional career.. then i think you should marry him...

hes got the money you need the money he knows everything aboit you and you almost know everything about him.. no secrets etc.. wow..

marry the guy live life to the full... inevitably your going to get married one day, and the guy may not know wht youve been doing then one day bang all the crap leaks out... woman your going to be screwed...
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: In Need Of Advice Dec 03, 2013
I am a naturally religious person so i will tell you first to pray about it before you can do anything. After the prayers, sit down and think because God tells us He gave us a midn not of fear but of power, love and of a sound mind which means that you have the power to do things the right way with God on our side. Your father is a control freak, you should know that and find a way to free your mind from his clutches. Believe in God and move out of that home. True, you are going to find problems but hang in thre, they come and go sooner or later. Just pray constantly and hang on, God is in control!!!
jordannabird
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance