THE NEXT DUBAI FORUM MEETING

Topic locked
Apr 12, 2006
yshimy wrote:I've been to Jabal Ali beach and there are stands there that you can use for BBQ, and as the charcole will be burning anyway, a couple of shishas.
:D

Y, its Jebel not Jabal.

-This is dedicated to choccolicious-

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
So, anyone got anymore suggestions?

I like the idea of doing a BBQ party in Jebel Ali beach unless something better comes up.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2006
What about at night at a good resturant
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2006
Frfiday nights are good or any night really
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
yshimy wrote:I've been to Jabal Ali beach and there are stands there that you can use for BBQ, and as the charcole will be burning anyway, a couple of shishas.
:D

Y, its Jebel not Jabal.

-This is dedicated to choccolicious-

MAN, Funny that a non arabian man correcting my Arabic.

But anyway, it is different dialect (please correct my spelling). :D

Thanks anyway XJAWEKGYD 12345567

Cheers mate
yshimy

Apr 13, 2006
ok guys this Saturday is the last day for place suggestions. So if you have any more throw them in.
Then I'll post a poll to choose which place we will hold it in.

Cheers mates :D
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 13, 2006
yshimy wrote:Thanks anyway XJAWEKGYD 12345567

Cheers mate

No worries sushi.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
I know its a far-fetched idea, you can say that I might be dreaming but its an idea we ought to explore until we prove ourselves wrong.

Can we consider Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi. I don't have any idea of the cost, it might be too high but if someone can tell us how much is the cost of renting one of the function rooms, that will decide if its a viable option. Or if there is another way we can get a group rate discount or something. Anyway, were only going to have dinner or so, not a full night stay in the hotel. Its not like Burj Al Arab entrance fee of 200 dhs. The entrance is free according to my colleages. All we need to worry about is the cost of the food. Open buffet is 160dhs(just got this information as I type this message). If anyone has more information, just send your reply to this topic.

It's an amazing place, at least from the photos I've seen so far. I know they are color-corrected, hi-definition photos but you can tell me if choosing this place is out of the question. I will show you the photos I'm talking about. It's like living in an "Arabian Dream".

http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/subphotolibrary.htm
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2006
I remember the consensus at the last meetup was to try to do something more participative this time round, like paintball, bowling, karting, etc.

Dinner together is nice but considering the member base and transport needs - remembering not everyone has access to a vehicle, personally I think Abu Dhabi is not quite a viable option.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
Vehicle, you can say that. You're right about that but let's see what others have to say. If they really want to go. They will find a way to go.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2006
Think it might have to be a Dubai venue boys...

If we want a nice quiet out of town venue, I can get discount rates at the Barracuda Beach club in Umm Al Quwain. They have beach chalets with bbq's and stuff and suites arranged around a pool. Can't reccomend the beach though as it smells!

Bar is great, food good and there is always the chance, for those that need to, to stock up on booze at the hole in the wall...which is like a hypermarket these days!

Next door is Dreamland Aqua Park, like a smaller version of Wild Wadi, there is the shooting club and for the daring amongst us...the UAQ Aeroclub for skydiving!

Failing that any bar in town, or the Jebel Ali Beach is my choice!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 13, 2006
I am going to be a party pooper this time.

IMHO it definately needs to be an evening meeting like the last one. I think people here have to consider those with kids and whether they want them to meet up with other forumers. People who work may just want some quality time with their families.

Also many on here have different days off, so it could exclude some. The meeting last time was at Marina Walk. Why not just do the same again and have a good social there.
arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:I am going to be a party pooper this time.

IMHO it definately needs to be an evening meeting like the last one. I think people here have to consider those with kids and whether they want them to meet up with other forumers. People who work may just want some quality time with their families.

Also many on here have different days off, so it could exclude some. The meeting last time was at Marina Walk. Why not just do the same again and have a good social there.

That's cos you live upstairs! Wheelchair broken again mate?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:I remember the consensus at the last meetup was to try to do something more participative this time round, like paintball, bowling, karting, etc.

Dinner together is nice but considering the member base and transport needs - remembering not everyone has access to a vehicle, personally I think Abu Dhabi is not quite a viable option.

Well, the last conversation I remember centred around brazillian waxing. Now organising a group discount for that I'd like to see!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 13, 2006
I have Gabs zimmer to lean on, and us old folk look out for each other.

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
I like to know the number of members who came to the last forum meeting. Do you think the no. of people will increase a great deal?
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2006
The way it is being organised at the moment NO
arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
Gabs, u were still suffering from 'food through straw' disorder last round, not to mention co-entertaining old man party pooper on the phone.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006

I was there in mind and soul

Just the knackered body was missing

arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
I doubt I will attend this one because because up to now its been too impractical and/or the venue just sux.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
I propose we ask Yshimy n co to organise it.
arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
Liban wrote:I doubt I will attend this one because because up to now its been too impractical and/or the venue just sux.

Ditto.

And those who attended the last one pretty much have each other's contact details already so we can always do something offline.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
I agree X

some of us have private forumers meetings

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:I agree X

some of us have private forumers meetings

:wink: :wink:

FYI, 3 is a crowd where whips and chains are concerned.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
Liban wrote:I doubt I will attend this one because because up to now its been too impractical and/or the venue just sux.

Don't mince words Liban-tell us how you really feel?? :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 13, 2006
GAB wrote:

Don't mince words Liban-tell us how you really feel?? :lol: :lol:

I feel a dark hole exists in respect the next DF meet. A craving by fellow members to have a meeting yet this craving resides in a cloud of confusion.

I feel a swell of tears but at the same time my eyes are dry. It is like a cold winters wind in a field of "dry" snow.

Where we are today is at a crossroads. If we go forward then there shall be a meet, however which way is forward?

Yes, I truely have little to do at work today... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Ditto.

And those who attended the last one pretty much have each other's contact details already so we can always do something offline.

Yeah right!! That's the spirit. So, if you have the contact nos. of those who came the last time. You don't need to join the next one, right? So, this to say only the new members can do whatever it is they want to do.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2006
For you information the last meeting was not that long ago. As a consequence some of us have met up.
arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
Looks like no meet up soon
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2006
Liban you have been reading too many trashy novels........or 7 Days.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat