Causes Of Rape According To Nucleus

Topic locked
Causes of rape according to Nucleus Sep 08, 2012
Educate the society about rape victims, and causes of rape

Please educate us about the causes of rape. Until now you've only been shy or embarassed about it. The floor is yours...

evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Causes Of Rape According To Nucleus Sep 08, 2012
Two main reason I had in mind when I said that.

1) One person doesn't respect the right of other person and forced the victim into something they didn't want to do. So it is not the fault of the victim.
2) Victim comes into threat, but best chance of avoiding is to run or do something against it.

Another reason:
3) They shouldn't be afraid to inform somebody and do something about it. Perhaps helpline and support groups for rape victims, where victims can go and tell without fear.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

^ Well summed up Nuc. It is also interesting to see the wiki entry on the subject - it is quite extensive.

These are the sections covered:

1 Groth typology
1.1 Anger rape
1.2 Power rape
1.3 Sadistic rape

2 Gang rape

3 Sexual gratification

4 Individual factors

4.1 Known victim
4.2 Alcohol and drug consumption
4.3 Psychological factors
4.4 Research on convicted rapists

5 Peer and family factors
5.1 Early childhood environments
5.2 Family honour and sexual purity

6 Societal factors
6.1 Poverty
6.2 Physical and social environment
6.3 Laws and policies
6.4 Social norms
6.5 Global trends and economic factors
6.6 Disasters and lack of infrastructure
6.7 Feminist theories of male-female rape
6.8 Rape culture
6.9 The way males are socialized and sexual scripts
6.10 The sex industry and rape

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_sexual_violence

The issue of rape and se.xual violence is a major issue around the world - with figures of 1 in 5 women in Europe being assaulted at some point. Alcohol and drug related rapes feature highly - but the other 'individual' reasons are also relevant.

But at the end of the day, it is a choice that the rapist makes that is the cause of rape. There is never an excuse for rape - it is a crime.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Causes of rape according to Nucleus Sep 08, 2012
Educate the society about ... causes of rape

Two main reason I had in mind when I said that.

1) One person doesn't respect the right of other person and forced the victim into something they didn't want to do. So it is not the fault of the victim.
2) Victim comes into threat, but best chance of avoiding is to run or do something against it.

Another reason:
3) They shouldn't be afraid to inform somebody and do something about it. Perhaps helpline and support groups for rape victims, where victims can go and tell without fear.

???
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Nucleus wrote:2) Victim comes into threat, but best chance of avoiding is to run or do something against it.

That's very strange, mentioning this as a cause for rape.

Cause:

1.a. The producer of an effect, result, or consequence.

b. The one, such as a person, event, or condition, that is responsible for an action or result.

2. A basis for an action or response; a reason:
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Not sure how to categorize it. People do things under threat, when running or going against it has better chance for safety.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:Not sure how to categorize it. People do things under threat, when running or going against it has better chance for safety.

Is a good muslim wife allowed to "go against" her husband's sexual desires or unwanted sexual intercourse?
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

evitav wrote:Is a good muslim wife allowed to "go against" her husband's sexual desires or unwanted sexual intercourse?
What you mean?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Is a good muslim wife allowed to "go against" her husband's sexual desires or unwanted sexual intercourse?

Nucleus wrote:What you mean?

LOL. I really think that was a sincere question from you.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Causes Of Rape According To Nucleus Sep 09, 2012
Rape is a crime; and like any other crime, one can discuss its causes till the cows come home! From normal people blinded by momentary lust to psychopaths getting their high from dominating a woman by force, and everything else in between!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

evitav wrote:LOL. I really think that was a sincere question from you.
huh?
Frequentflier wrote:Rape is a crime; and like any other crime, one can discuss its causes till the cows come home! From normal people blinded by momentary lust to psychopaths getting their high from dominating a woman by force, and everything else in between!
I guess cause wasn't the right choice of word. I was thinking making people know more about victims of rape, the ordeal they have gone through which would help better understanding and break the barriers.

Even people may not blame the victim, but they may see them unfit as a spouse, friends, their children befriending with children of person like that. I was also thinking along the lines to encourage people to reach out for friendship and support people like that. Educating them that it could be anybody, and they themselves wouldn't want to be alienated if it were themselves, their daughter, etc.... Not sure if that is the best way because from my experience most people don't want to picture them in the same situation, and just distance themselves.

Second, teaching people to deal with it if they come into a situation where is person threating in order to rape. Situations are many and response would differ in different situations. But having workshops like that would improve the chances of safely coming out from a situation like this.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nuc....you're easy pickings for these trolls ! ;)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nucs - there are some that ask questions because they want answers and are willing to share their views. And then there are trolls.

Note how the causes of rape have been given, but yet the focus is on trying to trip you up. It is funny to watch the failed attempts though. ;)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nucleus wrote:I guess cause wasn't the right choice of word. I was thinking making people know more about victims of rape, the ordeal they have gone through which would help better understanding and break the barriers.

Even people may not blame the victim, but they may see them unfit as a spouse, friends, their children befriending with children of person like that. I was also thinking along the lines to encourage people to reach out for friendship and support people like that. Educating them that it could be anybody, and they themselves wouldn't want to be alienated if it were themselves, their daughter, etc.... Not sure if that is the best way because from my experience most people don't want to picture them in the same situation, and just distance themselves.

Second, teaching people to deal with it if they come into a situation where is person threating in order to rape. Situations are many and response would differ in different situations. But having workshops like that would improve the chances of safely coming out from a situation like this.

Great. That's hopeful.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk