Pathetic Sentence For A Brutal Murder

Topic locked
Pathetic sentence for a brutal murder Jul 10, 2012
And as predicted the assailant got off lightly! You don't kick someone repeatedly in the head unless you're intent on doing serious damage. This case is murder, plain and simple. Another example of why laws in the UAE are an absolute joke.

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Esther-s-at ... story.html

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Pathetic Sentence For A Brutal Murder Jul 10, 2012
What do you expect?
A friend was driving with his wife very much within the legal speed limits when he was rear ended by an Emirati in his speeding SUV, and sent rolling out of the highway!
Luckily, the friend and his wife escaped with minor injuries.
The Police arrived on the scene and happened to know the high profile Emirati driver. They exchanged pleasantries about their families and then the weather, before turning their attention to the injured couple struggling out of their overturned car :roll:
Emiratis are sacrosanct (its their country, right? :wink: )
The foreigners should know which road leads to the Airport :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

The link would be myself.
The guy was an Iraqi and a Physician of repute. I saw him immediately after the accident, and he was livid at the behavior of the Police.
"What if one or both of us had been seriously injured?" he asked. And rightly so.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Frequentflier , They're trying to cut down on this sort of thing. You should have complained to the police about it. The joke is the guy was jailed for assault, which carries a light sentence. Had he been found guilty of manslaughter, which is what should have happened, the mandatory sentence is 10 years.

BM, I don't care about the UK - we're not there - we're here!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

As I said before if you kick someone in the head you intend to do damage. The attack was premeditated and should be at least manslaughter, which carries a tougher sentence. How is it NOT murder, he kicked her until she was unconscious, she died from her injuries. He killed her.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sadly you don't see the big picture. They might have sentenced him to 4 years, but that chances of him doing anywhere near that are slim. He'll appeal etc.

Prinson here is terrifying, certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. Sure it's personal opinion, but sadly with many sentences here they definitely do not fit the crime, which is why incidents are on the rise. If people were made examples of, it would act as a deterrant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

If it's a good thing that they can appeal, then I hope her family come back and appeal for a TOUGHER sentence - which is entirely possible! Also interesting to note, there is no mention about the payment of blood money in this case either.

I can make such a bold statement because that's MY OPINION.

I really don't care about what other countries are doing. If you want to compare it to Saudi, he would have been sentenced to death!

It's clear you think it's ok for such soft sentences to be passed down for such vile crimes. Therefore people like you, I really do not have time for and don't wish to speak to - eh BM! Once again!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Pathetic Sentence For A Brutal Murder Jul 11, 2012
European ,
European wrote:Frequentflier ,

One can always recount a horror story, it's just a shame they can never be substantiated. How do you know how your friend was driving when the accident happened?

So lets say the friend was driving badly, does that make it ok to not check on injured people first thing ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Pathetic Sentence For A Brutal Murder Jul 11, 2012
Well back to the original case and Dubai Public Prosecution are appealing the sentence and looking for the toughest one, which is 10 years. I hope they win it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat