Pathetic Sentence For Beating A Pregnant Woman!

Topic locked
Re: Pathetic Sentence For Beating A Pregnant Woman! Feb 21, 2012
i invite you all to defend this case reported in Gulf News

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... t-1.983864

Dubai A young Kenyan woman is fighting for her life in a Dubai hospital following a brutal weekend assault in a car park behind the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Shaikh Zayed Road. Dubai police said two Emirati men are facing tough questions while police probe reports of escalating violence around 3.20am on Saturday that led to an unconscious Kenyan woman being rushed to the hospital by ambulance with blood leaking from her ears, nose and mouth.

"The girl remains in critical condition in the intensive care unit. The case has been referred to the public prosecution."

When contacted by Gulf News, a senior prosecutor confirmed police have referred the case to the prosecution.

"The suspects are facing primary charges of assault that led to injury and if during the investigation new evidence surfaces, then the charges might be modified. In similar cases if the victim dies, a suspect is usually charged with assault leading to death," he said.

"However the investigation requires that we wait for forensic reports and to hear more prosecution witnesses... such procedures take some time, especially when the girl's medical situation remains unclear yet, as she remains in ICU."

No charges were laid as of press time yesterday, according to the online case file.

Shaken

Meanwhile, two women directly involved in the altercation told Gulf News yesterday that they were still physically and emotionally shaken, and fear for their friend Esther's life.

Both women were accompanying Esther to a waiting taxi on the dark early morning in question behind Crowne Plaza when a group of young men in their early 20s approached them uninvited.

Eyewitnesses alleged that unwarranted advances by one male led to the violence. They claim he touched one of the women on the buttocks.

In an interview with Gulf News one of the women, Susan Wanjiru, said she immediately protested in very clear terms and told the offending man to leave her friend alone.

The unidentified man answered with a punch to Susan's face, she claimed.

"He gave me a blow in my face, my left eye. He punched me."

--- Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 am ---

Let me try though:

"Maybe the girls should have shown more 'respect' and not protested when they were touched in the buttocks" ?

"Maybe they should have been glad to receive the attention of a man who is probably rich"

BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Pathetic Sentence For Beating A Pregnant Woman! Feb 21, 2012
Prostitution is rife in and around the car parks on the SZR.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Pathetic sentence for beating a pregnant woman! Feb 21, 2012
A certain club in the Crowne Plaza is well known for its 'ladies of the night', sadly these guys probably thought these ladies were working girls and it was ok to act this way - of course it's not by any circumstances.

Many of these guys treat women as objects to be used and abused.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat