Emirates Airline Employment

Topic locked
Emirates Airline Employment Apr 03, 2006
Hi

I live in Australia and am considering applying with Emirates Airline.

Anyone ever been employed by this airline? Or know more information other than what is on their website (even though they do cover nearly everything) I just want to chat to someone regarding them.

Thanks
Melissah

melissah
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Emirates Airline Employment Apr 03, 2006
melissah wrote:Hi

Anyone ever been employed by this airline? Or know more information other than what is on their website (even though they do cover nearly everything) I just want to chat to someone regarding them.

Thanks
Melissah

Melissah, they are one of the best airlines to work with. Have quite a few friends with them, and Emirates does take good care of them, good pay, and excellent benefits as you must have seen.

Virgin Atlantic just started here as well, and I hear they are an absolute blast to work with, but youd need to research them a bit more. Good luck :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
Thanks Jag

Just looking for all the information i can gather, as it would be a big step to go and do something like that, but i think i am ready :D

Do you live in Dubai?

Melissah
melissah
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 03, 2006
Vanessa on here has just been through the interview process, she will be able to tell you more
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Emirates Airline Employment Apr 03, 2006
melissah wrote:Hi

Thanks
Melissah

Umm one thing, i don't want to burst your bubble and I hope you land a wicked job but my understanding is that 4 months ago Emirates Airline added a no hire clause for Aussies, there were a few bad seeds and like typical dubai fashion they grouped the entire nationality.

Hope i'm wrong though...
Good luck.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 03, 2006
They are incredibly selective about who they hire for the airline....

Thats why they come to Dublin more often than any other city!!! :wink:

Jus pm'd u melissa...

Most of the stuff ive heard about working for emirates is great....

Free accomodation, great concessions on flights, they do your laundry etc etc...

Check out www.pprune.org and go to the cabin crew section....

There you will find 100 pages on peoples experiences with applying for emirates...start at the back though...one particular member has been to 5 recruitment days, and is still dreaming of landing the job!!!!

Give it up, no??!! :banghead:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
They are incredibly selective about who they hire for the airline....

Thats why they come to Dublin more often than any other city!!!

Big Head

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
My head is very modest in fact arnie.... :oops:

Not for long though...if i get this job, im gonna be the 'air-hostess of the mostest'...the 'queen of the sky'...the 'jewel of Dubai'.... 8)

NOT!!!!!!!! Im simply too self-depreciating and irish to ever have airs and graces....

Slag me all you like arnie, but you're hurt my feelings and deflated my less than adequate confidence even more with your comment...... :(

Ha ha.....dunno what im rambling about today arnie - you're a legend!!!! :D

Hows your young fillie???
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
It was meant with affection Vee, no offence was intended, if you read it as such then i humbly apologise.

She is doin ok, the stiches are pulling (15) yeouchhhhhhh and she went to the cinema yesterday and took a cushion :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
I love the way you call me Vee :lol:

Thats what im well known as round here!!

Glad she's doing better, poor thing...

Tell her to pump a load of nurofen into her before she gets them removed - painful :(

(PS i knew you were pulling my leg arnie!! It takes a lot to offend this gal! :love5: )
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
phew....... i thought i had truely offended you, ya little scamper

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
Who do you think i am???? Sniper??!!!! :lol:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Who do you think i am???? Sniper??!!!! :lol:

Now there's a horrible thought: Snipe dressed up as a trolley dolley!! :shock:

Better edit that avatar Snipe!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 04, 2006
anyone or any of yur friends working in Emirates as a ground staff e.g. engineer etc?

Will like to find out a bit more from you guys on hows the culture, enviroment, pay and benefits ? similar to aircrew?

thanx in advance for any feedback.
jabberjaw28
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 04, 2006
melissah wrote:Thanks Jag

Just looking for all the information i can gather, as it would be a big step to go and do something like that, but i think i am ready :D

Do you live in Dubai?

Melissah

Yep in dubai :) Hmm, have to update my profile then it seems..

Anyways, best of luck.. hope that thing that Fzyz said is not true..
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 04, 2006
Hiya
I worked for Emirates for 3 and a half years as cabin crew.I was recruited in London.
I had a fantastic time with Emirates...........in the beginning. Every job seems amazing until you are in the job!! Dont get me wrong it was fantastic for the time I spent with the company. Heres some pros and cons. Generally speaking its a great opportunity if you get it!

You get free accomodation - but no pets at all or visitors after 1am.
All your bills are paid except phone bills.Yipee!
You earn a monthly salary and then addition hours for flying.
You can bid for flights and also bid to fly with a friend, but you dont always get what you ask for!
You will come across lots of men and women who moan moan moan moan all the time about either being worked like a donkey non stop or having no flying hours, ie no pay!
Your laundry is done for free, but only your uniform!!
You get to travel the world for "free" and then get money at the hotel for food handbags, dvds etc when you arrive!!yipee shopping!
You get discounted fares on tickets after 6 months of working.
You dont get any holidays to go home until after 6 months.
You get a great, or used to get a great bonus every year.
you get a card which gets you discount nearly everywhere for everything!
So yeah, all sounds fab!!
Until you get on board!!! :wink:
Even if you have worked with other airlines, lots of crew say Emirates works you the hardest.And the passenger profile is different to mainstream Europe or Australia.
Oh and one of the big problems is loneliness believe it or not. Lots and lots of girls in particular actually develop panic attacks. This stems from not working with the same people twice, ie new crew every flight, and the safety and grooming standards are excellent on Emirates so the pressure is on.

Anyhoo, as I said Im just telling it how it was when I worked there. I finished a year and a half ago. On the whole, a great opportunity!

Good luck!! :lol:
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 04, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:Hiya
I worked for Emirates for 3 and a half years as cabin crew.I was recruited in London.
I had a fantastic time with Emirates...........in the beginning. Every job seems amazing until you are in the job!! Dont get me wrong it was fantastic for the time I spent with the company. Heres some pros and cons. Generally speaking its a great opportunity if you get it!

You get free accomodation - but no pets at all or visitors after 1am.
All your bills are paid except phone bills.Yipee!
You earn a monthly salary and then addition hours for flying.
You can bid for flights and also bid to fly with a friend, but you dont always get what you ask for!
You will come across lots of men and women who moan moan moan moan all the time about either being worked like a donkey non stop or having no flying hours, ie no pay!
Your laundry is done for free, but only your uniform!!
You get to travel the world for "free" and then get money at the hotel for food handbags, dvds etc when you arrive!!yipee shopping!
You get discounted fares on tickets after 6 months of working.
You dont get any holidays to go home until after 6 months.
You get a great, or used to get a great bonus every year.
you get a card which gets you discount nearly everywhere for everything!
So yeah, all sounds fab!!
Until you get on board!!! :wink:
Even if you have worked with other airlines, lots of crew say Emirates works you the hardest.And the passenger profile is different to mainstream Europe or Australia.
Oh and one of the big problems is loneliness believe it or not. Lots and lots of girls in particular actually develop panic attacks. This stems from not working with the same people twice, ie new crew every flight, and the safety and grooming standards are excellent on Emirates so the pressure is on.

Anyhoo, as I said Im just telling it how it was when I worked there. I finished a year and a half ago. On the whole, a great opportunity!

Good luck!! :lol:

Some excellent insight there. Thanks for sharing :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2006
Jabber, emirates engineers get the same benefits as a 1st Officer. The basic salary is lower.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 07, 2006
benwj,

thanx for the feedback. Are you a air crew with Emirates?

Any ground crew or friends of them, any other info will be much
apppreciated
jabberjaw28
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 09, 2006
Hi there

This aint to dissapoint you....I have been to emirates airlines interview...passed bout 4 stages....the one i cudnt was to blend with the other people in the groups....to my surprise I got em all with phillipines...cudnt mingle though....dont ask me why :lol:
Carol_eyez
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 10, 2006
is it possible to enter emirates as a ground crew member and apply from within for a First Officer position if you have a pilot license ?
Air Polygamy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 12, 2006
Air Polygamy wrote:is it possible to enter emirates as a ground crew member and apply from within for a First Officer position if you have a pilot license ?

are you a guy or a girl :roll:
Carol_eyez
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted