Tom Hollande On Crazy Loon Beliefs

Topic locked
Tom Hollande on crazy loon beliefs Jun 19, 2012
This was a post Tom Hollande made on another site regarding the crazy loon claim that's quite popular on this site:

A very brief reply. Firstly, I do not think that Muslims in the West face a recrudescence of Nazism. To imagine that we are on the brink of a new era of fascism seems to me as ludicrous as claims that Europe will be subsumed into a caliphate. As has happened so often in the past, the paranoia of those on one wing of opinion risks fuelling that of those on the other. I am not going to censor myself on account of anxieties that I feel are wildly overinflated. I’m aware this may not be a wildly popular view on a website such as this, but there it is....

There you have it; straight from the horse's mouth. Posters thinking Europe is likely to become fascist and Muslims across Europe murdered in genocide are just as crazy as those thinking an Islamic caliphate is likely to rise in the near future. I'd argue the former are even crazier/more dangerous as they support free speech restrictions, such as banning books on the origins of Islam which was what Tom Hollande had initially responded to.

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Tom Hollande on crazy loon beliefs Jun 20, 2012
What's funny was when Ayaan Hirsi Ali was called a "hatemonger" for saying there was a war against Christians.

So, what are those members who claim there's a lurking genocide against Muslims?

Our opponents aren't particularly bright, are they?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk