Dubai Via Amsterdam

Topic locked
Dubai via Amsterdam Apr 06, 2006
Hey Guys,

I'll be in Dubai via KLM through Amsterdam. They charged me an extra 20 dollars to stay in Amsterdam for 1 day. I took it.

Now, I'm well aware of the laws about drugs in UAE, and I don't smoke them or do them, but you know the deal about Amsterdam and free everything. There is a good chance I will indulge when there.

Now, I've heard that if they test your body and you have the drug still in your system, you can be convicted. Just wanting to know if I'm going to face any problems at the the airport when going through customs.

Advice?

I won't have a problem not doing it..just want to know if I'm cool to get stupid in Amsterdam.

Thanks

Trev

TOTrev
Dubai Forum User

Apr 06, 2006
my advice would be dont do it.

Its a bit like gambling. You may get away or not. But be rest assured if you were involved in a road accident and you tested positive, you would be looking at serious "time" then deported.

THt/D is detectable for upto 30 days in the bloodstream.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 06, 2006
Thanks Arnie,

NO big deal...since I don't smoke it..I may miss my plane to Dubai if I did..not good!

I have no problems with just consuming beer. I would prefer not to take the gamble at this point since I would like to get in without problems and get set up without problems.

Cheers,

T
TOTrev
Dubai Forum User

Apr 07, 2006
What a joke!

Rules are don't bring any in, but smoke as much as you want before you get on the plane. No one, NO ONE will drug test you DXB end.

Get yourself to the Grasshopper next to central station, not the best coffee shop but lively and cool for first timers to Amsterdam. Order an 1/4 of the Blueberry Haze, one of their gorgeous hot chocolates and blow yourself away.........man.

Just set a reminder on your phone that you've got a plane to catch some time in the next 24 hours
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 07, 2006
that advice is bollox with respect.

If you were in a car and had a serious accident etc and say hit a national , if they suspected ought especially after flying in from Ammy - it would be curtains time.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 07, 2006
Still stonned after a 7 hour flight! Come on man that's impossible.
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 07, 2006
i'd like to add my 50 cents worth.

most of the majorly publicised indicents involving tourists or vistors have resulted from them causing a scene or disturbance on the plane on the way over.

this applies to drugs and alcohol related issues....

i seem to remember some chap on a flight with me, who drank himself into a coma and then threw his lunch up over the four rows of passengers in front of him.... they sent someguys to collect him from the plane and dragged his arse off into the terminal building .....they probably had a cosy little room and a piece of rubber hose waiting for him :lol:

if they find evidence of drugs or high levels of alcohol they are prosicuted - the last case i seem to remember was a woman from the uk who was on and had a lot of codine based pain killers.... although she was evenutally released she was charged, and spent about 3 months in jail
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 08, 2006
I'm backing Arnie and DXBSoul up on this one. If staff are suspircious of your behaviour on the plane or at the airport and decide to test you and they find evidence of drugs in your system you will go to prison, no if's or buts! It's not worth the risk.

A guy came through immigration recently and staff were suspicious of his behaviour so they pulled him up searched him and found a small amount of hash - really dumb! He forgot he had it on him. Also another guy got pulled up and had drugs in his system.

It's so not worth it, plus the fact that you're comnig from Amsterdam they might automatically be looking at the way you act and scrutinising you more than if you came from another country.

Dope stays in your system for a few days - not worth it mate, don't do it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum