Is This Salary Enough?

Topic locked
Is this salary enough? Apr 11, 2012
HI Every one, I have a question. I have been offered a salary of 10,000 AED with accommodations (housing, and trip allowance) Is this enough? Thanks in advance.

iluvnorthface
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Is This Salary Enough? Apr 11, 2012
What is trip allowance?

Is your housing close to work - do you need a car or pay your own transport to and from work?

Is it just yourself, or do you have family members living with you?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I will have my own car, after six months my family will join me,im going to travling once a week to abu dahbi, and my condo is close to work, as of yet im not sure about the trip allowance
iluvnorthface
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Others can comment, but I think that salary is low considering, especially if you have to pay any school fees for the kids etc.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Is this salary enough? Apr 11, 2012
Anybody know how much car insurance is? and also how much gas cost is? thanks
iluvnorthface
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Is This Salary Enough? Apr 14, 2012
er call an insurance company and get a quote? Can't give you any kind of idea on that until you know what kind of car you're lookngi at. If it's just you then that salary is fine - I lived on that kind of pay for many years. I assume trip allowance is your flight ticket home each year. However, if you have family then it's definitely not enough and you need to enquire about costs towards schooling, which can be crippling in annual fees.

I have a 4x4 and it costs me around 120 Dhs to fill from empty.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Is This Salary Enough? Apr 14, 2012
kanelli wrote:Others can comment, but I think that salary is low considering, especially if you have to pay any school fees for the kids etc.

Agree. Where are you relocating from? Does the housing come furnished, or will you have to furnish it yourself? If so, are you getting a furniture allowance? Will the company be paying the monthly electric and water bills? Are you getting an education allowance? Sometimes the education allowance doesn't cover a full year and you will need to make up the difference out of pocket. Trip allowance won't be much - probably be based on mileage to cover petrol cost. Depending on what kind of food you eat, it can be pricey.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Is This Salary Enough? Apr 18, 2012
it comes fully furnished, and i have a land cruiser.
iluvnorthface
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Is This Salary Enough? Apr 24, 2012
I dont know. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but its really impossible to say that the salary is 'low' until the job is known. There are many jobs, and many different salaries to go along with it. 120000 is not a BAD number (Ive seen worse) but you could always use more - even when you make 12000000000 - that will still sometimes seem like not enough.
michaelsaadintl
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Is This Salary Enough? May 07, 2012
this will be enough untill you get your family, and you can have time to judge before bringing your family
tareqadel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Is this salary enough? May 15, 2012
for me that salary is enough. i dont know about you though. the most important thing to remember is live within your means ,not beyond your means. enjoy and goodluck on the upcoming job. :D
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum