Calls For Unity In France After Terror Attack

Topic locked
Calls for Unity in France after Terror Attack Mar 23, 2012
In due course, the terror attack in Tolouse will undoubtedly be used by the far-right to try and cause division. Up to now the calls by them are going unheeded, and some restraint is being shown by most.

A silent march is planned for Sunday in France - with Jews and Muslims marching together.

French religious leaders call for Jewish-Muslim unity

Religious leaders in France have called for unity between Jewish and Muslim communities following the recent school shooting in Toulouse.

Speaking after a meeting with President Sarkozy at the Elysee Palace, Richard Prasquier, President of the Representative Council of Jewish Institutions in France, said it was "out of the question to confuse Islam, a religion amongst others and terrorist expressions which are indeed a danger for the republic."

Gilles Bernheim, the Grand Rabbi of France called for the strengthening of the "links between the Jewish and Muslim communities."

Dali Boubakeur, Rector of the Grand Mosque of Paris, echoed his Jewish peers’ sentiment, calling "terrorism in the name of religion" revolting, and said his community unreservedly condemned the attacks.

http://jn1.tv/breaking-news/french-reli ... unity.html

Also, and unfortunately it requires stating explicitly, the Palestinians (and indeed other Arab and Muslim groups around the world) have also unreservedly condemned the terror attack:
Meanwhile Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad said extremists must stop using the Palestinian cause to justify their acts of violence.

It is time for these criminals to stop marketing their terrorist acts in the name of Palestine and to stop pretending to stand up for the rights of Palestinian children who only ask for a decent life,” the Palestinian premier said in a statement.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2 ... 02179.html

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Calls For Unity In France After Terror Attack Mar 23, 2012
So you are speaking for the French now are you? What an arrogant little man you are! It isn't only the far right that want to cause division, as you put it.

Most Europeans are sick and tired of immigrants coming in and then trying to kill and maim the people who have had the decency to accept them into their country.

There's only one Frenchman on this forum, that I know of, I wonder what he has to say about you speaking for his countrymen?

Why not post what Mauritians think.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I respectfully beg to differ.

In my experience the majority of Europeans share my dis.gust for the nazi-saluting right wing extremist thugs of the EDL who share your particularly vile strain of xenophobia and overt racism.

There is indeed a wider concern about immigration - but actually the main concern is over jobs and over Eastern Europeans coming into EU countries. The racist views about immigrants is not shared by the majority of Britons - of all colours and all religions.

There is an issue with the minority of racists and bigots - they want to believe they speak for more of the population than they number. This often leads to name calling and threats of violence - as they can't actually debate on the issues or have civil conversations.

As for the French calls for unity - I think you need to look up who I was quoting in the OP.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I respectfully beg to differ.

Since when have you been respectful? What's happened to you calling me 'granny', a chav and having a 'light hearted' dig at my daughter, who you know has brain damage?

I would stick to speaking on behalf of your own people if I were you. You are seriously out of touch with what is happening in Britain.
Bethsmum

I note with some amusement that you have yet again chosen to pen a post completely devoted to your views about me.

You know that I don't agree with your assessments and it seems churlish to remind you again that my joke about herve was not a dig at your Muslim daughter - the posts are there for you to go and review. You are a grandmother and you are a proud racist and supporter of nazi-saluting EDL youth - and all this by your own admission.

You may wish to believe that I am out of touch with Britain when I say that those who share your racism and xenophobia are in a minority. So be it.

However, this thread is about the reports about the French religious leaders and their calls for unity. Perhaps you should consider posting something on topic the next time you reply here?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:You know that I don't agree with your assessments and it seems churlish to remind you again that my joke about herve was not a dig at your Muslim daughter - the posts are there for you to go and review

You liar. You refered to you taking the piss out of my daughter as a 'light hearted dig'.

The cowardice on this forum is most amusing, nearly as funny as your desperate claims to be English.
Bethsmum

Please make an effort and post something on topic. I respectfully request you re-read the joke about herve and note that I was not making any aspersions on your family, I did not mention that your daughter and son-in-law are Muslim - just what herve may make of a photo posted by eh.

Your name calling, if you permit me to observe, is most unbecoming an Englishwoman, as was your post about my daughter.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

This looks like mean girls movie. BM and company one party, then there is another one, and then there is us the polite and well mannered party.

--- Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 am ---

And to add that I'm making my website, so I've now potential candidates for moderators.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:And to add that I'm making my website, so I've now potential candidates for moderators.

Completely Off Topic.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I do hope your next post is on topic FD.

I for one, do hope that the terrorist attack is not exploited by the far right in France. Slim chance of it not being so.. but we can hope.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Please make an effort and post something on topic. I respectfully request you re-read the joke about herve and note that I was not making any aspersions on your family, I did not mention that your daughter and son-in-law are Muslim - just what herve may make of a photo posted by eh.

Your name calling, if you permit me to observe, is most unbecoming an Englishwoman, as was your post about my daughter.

Oh it was quite obvious that you were taking the piss out of my daughter, who you know has brain damage after a serious illmess, and it wasn't the first time you made fun of her was it? When I pulled you about it, you admitted it was 'light hearted'. Stop squirming you silly little man.

As for my name calling, I speak my mind and I say what I think. I don't change my face depending on the position of the sun.
Bethsmum

Completely off topic. And completely wrong too - if you had gone back and refreshed your memory, you'd have realised this. I politely ask you to post on the topic, and review what was actually written.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nucleus wrote:And to add that I'm making my website, so I've now potential candidates for moderators.

Shafique used to be a moderator here before he was removed. He changed people's posts if he didn't agree with them.
Bethsmum

Still off topic. :roll:

Can we now speak about France?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Completely off topic. And completely wrong too - if you had gone back and refreshed your memory, you'd have realised this. I politely ask you to post on the topic, and review what was actually written.

Why do you keep changing your posts? I don't need to refresh my memory. You were taking the piss out of my family and you've done it on more than one occasion.
Bethsmum

BM - try and stay on topic. Review what was actually written and recall that I challenged you on many occasions to show that I repeatedly mentioned (let alone insulted) your family. This figment of your imagination remains only in your head.

Again, try and keep on topic and check on what was actually written. You were wrong the last five times I told you this, you are still wrong. The numerous posts of me insulting your family are a fantasy of yours - as they don't exist. Never did. Repeating something that isn't true doesn't make it less false.

If I am wrong - dig out the posts. You can't, because they don't exist.

So, now that we've cleared that up - perhaps you can think about posting on topic?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bethsmum wrote:Most Europeans are sick and tired of immigrants coming in and then trying to kill and maim the people who have had the decency to accept them into their country.

LOL. Wouldn't you wish that Europeans had never colonised the countries of those immigrants and that they were never given promises, exploiting their work force and resources...

Actually, once upon a time, it was those immigrants that had the decency to surrender themselves to the wills of exploiting white foreigners in their own land.. You couldn't believe how the French oppressed, tried to assimilate and persecuted Algerians in Algeria.. Now every single one of those humiliated citizens of the colonised nations growing up with nationalistic sentiments as they get to know the truth about their history..reaching real knowledge and intereacting with one another from far distances has become ever so easy to act upon.

Unless the Europeans opt for peace, justice and do some good work for the benefit of those immigrants in Europe and at their homeland, I see the future of Europe bleak and devastating.. This is what a call a postponed divine justice.. you reap what you sow...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:, I see the future of Europe bleak and devastating.. This is what a call a postponed divine justice.. you reap what you sow...

Are you referring to the terrorist attack here? If you are, I think this is wrong.

If it is just the presence of non-white Europeans in European countries - again, I'd disagree that this is justice - I'd say it is just market forces and a natural phenomenon where there is freedom of movement. Dubai is full of expats - and in other countries they would be immigrants many of them.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Calls for Unity in France after Terror Attack Mar 23, 2012
Calls for unity won' t do it, a moslem massacred Jewish children in cold blood, no one is buying the spins to make it sounds like a "french" did it or that moslems are the victims of islamophobia, a moslem did it, and he did it because he is a moslem not because he is french, period. moslems stigmatize themselves by committing massacres like Merah's in the name of Islam. Then they further stigmatize themselves even more by whining about "backlash" and "Islamophobia" after those massacres, instead of doing anything sincere to prevent them. moslems have no one but themselves to blame for any actual "Islamophobia.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:This is what a call a postponed divine justice.. you reap what you sow...

Noted.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Calls For Unity In France After Terror Attack Mar 24, 2012
Flying Dutchman wrote:Noted.

:) Good for you, we'll you be impressed and become a BELIEVER? lol
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk