What Does The Professional World Think About Pierced Ears?

Topic locked
what does the professional world think about pierced ears? Nov 07, 2011
I'm a budding entrepreneur and have finally made my way to dubai. The city is buzzing and i can feel an imminent energy everywhere i go. It's just fantastic to be here

I don't know if i'm caught up in everything but i've always wanted my ears pierced (i'm a guy) so i don't know if it's taboo, or if perhaps some of the gents on the board might like to share their opinions on guys getting their ears pierced here in the UAE

Hassanu747
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: what does the professional world think about pierced ear Nov 07, 2011
Hassanu747 wrote:I'm a budding entrepreneur and have finally made my way to dubai. The city is buzzing and i can feel an imminent energy everywhere i go. It's just fantastic to be here

I don't know if i'm caught up in everything but i've always wanted my ears pierced (i'm a guy) so i don't know if it's taboo, or if perhaps some of the gents on the board might like to share their opinions on guys getting their ears pierced here in the UAE

Not a good thing to do for a guy in Dubai in an 'office' setting...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I agree. For men to have piercings is frowned upon so I wouldn't do it. It's usually acceptable for men is certain sectors, such as the media or arts anything creative, but a general office environment is a no no.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I don't mind a small stud in a young man's ear but what I absolute detest are those things that people put in their ears to make a hole. I don't know how they manage it but the hole gets huge and it reminds me of something African women do to them selves in the bush. :shock:

I quite like those jewels that are placed in the skin, I think they're called micro dermal piercings. Just the odd one. Less is more.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:I don't mind a small stud in a young man's ear but what I absolute detest are those things that people put in their ears to make a hole. I don't know how they manage it but the hole gets huge and it reminds me of something African women do to them selves in the bush. :shock:

I quite like those jewels that are placed in the skin, I think they're called micro dermal piercings. Just the odd one. Less is more.

I agree, the spreaders look awful. They start of with small ones and gradually stretch the skin using bigger earrings over time.

However, here being a muslim country, for men to wear jewellery, having piercings or tattoos is harram.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: What Does The Professional World Think About Pierced Ear Nov 08, 2011
However, here being a muslim country, for men to wear jewellery, having piercings or tattoos is harram.

to be more precise gold is haram to be worn by muslim men as well as silk
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: what does the professional world think about pierced ear Nov 08, 2011
I have every orifice pierced and have never encountered any problems in the office with exception of sitting on my office chair.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I'm not sure how I'd cope with certain piercings :shock:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I think it really depends on what sector you work in Drew and what your boss/workmates think and if you're out and about dealing with clients really. Sadly in many instances 1st impressions are still a big deal and piercings/tattoos etc still dont' sit right with a lot of people. It's sad I know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Hassanu747 wrote:I'm a budding entrepreneur and have finally made my way to dubai. The city is buzzing and i can feel an imminent energy everywhere i go. It's just fantastic to be here

It is totally acceptable for man, both in business and social circles to wear either a single earring in either ear or in fact an earring in each ear, matching or otherwise.

As long as he’s a Pirate, a Puff or both.

Any male found to be wearing an earring or earrings dressed in raggedy ¾ length trousers, a tricorne hat and a stripy shirt will usually be by definition, a Pirate, who would traditionally wear a 1” Gold earring to guarantee the payment of the cost of his burial, upon an untimely death.

Any other male wearing an earring or earrings, will usually be by definition, a Puff, the earrings would usually be accompanied by a moustache, the earrings and moustache combination is simply an advert to attract other Puffs and deter all other normal men and would not be of sufficient value to contribute towards the cost of burial upon the Puffs untimely death.

So Pirate or Puff, which one is it?

:lol:

-- Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 pm --

drewpeacock wrote:I have every orifice pierced and have never encountered any problems in the office with exception of sitting on my office chair.

I think you're just a masochist Drew! :shock:

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: What Does The Professional World Think About Pierced Ear Nov 09, 2011
Dillon.

The weekend is for hooks buddy.

Suspended from the roof...............................bliss.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: what does the professional world think about pierced ear Nov 09, 2011
I totally agree with dillon. I had an earring in my teens but stopped wearing them once i hit 20. also listen to the other posts, because earrings in the workplace for men is frowned upon here.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Re: what does the professional world think about pierced ear Nov 19, 2011
However, here being a muslim country, for men to wear jewellery, having piercings or tattoos is harram.[/quote]

Religion says anything that makes a male feminine is haram, wearing male jewellery does not make you look feminine, so in my opinion it isnt haram...

-- Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 pm --

to be more precise gold is haram to be worn by muslim men as well as silk[/quote]

I agree with that!
MarN21
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What Does The Professional World Think About Pierced Ear Nov 20, 2011
Haram or not, I think a man can wear a silk tie and a gold wedding ring in this country without loosing respect, but an earing is going to work against him.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Does The Professional World Think About Pierced Ear Nov 20, 2011
True, now everyone wear silk and gold, and it is not seen as a bad thing. earings it depends...
MarN21
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum