UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa

Topic locked
UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 12, 2011
I found recently, on some newspapers, on tv ads and on internet, those guys promoting a website and electronic charter about love for Rulers, I am Euro and i came here just 2 months ago, and still have to understand how culture of this country is going on. Are there many of this kind of things? Why people is spending so many money just for this? It is just a love for rulers Idea, or a new marketing project? What do you think about it?

everan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 12, 2011
everan wrote:I found recently, on some newspapers, on tv ads and on internet, those guys promoting a website and electronic charter about love for Rulers, I am Euro and i came here just 2 months ago, and still have to understand how culture of this country is going on. Are there many of this kind of things? Why people is spending so many money just for this? It is just a love for rulers Idea, or a new marketing project? What do you think about it?

Non-English speaking 'Euro' I presume...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 13, 2011
That's just rude Ambassador and how naive and ignorant of you to ASSUME that all Europeans have a good grasp of English - many don't have English as a second or even third language.

Now to answer everan's question (politely) yes this happens alot here. The majority of it is in a bid to bring the nation together, to make people who live here feel part of something. Whether it has the desired effect or not is another matter. But I like the intentions.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Imagine how it would feel to have thousands of people that you have absolutely no obligation to, pledging their allegiance to you.
It gives you a boner doesn't it?

Now here is the website for all of you to pledge www.ourallegiancetokhalifa.com/en/index.aspx

Don't worry herve, I have already pledged on behalf of you.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

I don't think we'll be seeing Herve for a while.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Non-English speaking 'Euro' I presume...

Italian, sorry for my poor English, but actually is my 4th language (Italian, French and Spanish...) and I plan to improve it while living in Uae. You forgot to put a +1 at the end of your post that doesn't give anything to the topic...

Coming back to topic's purposes:
Sorry for not posting the link but I was not allowed by spam filter.
I admire people that spend so many efforts (and money), in supporting their country, I was just asking my self if it is all just matter of love and belongings, cause I never saw something like that before.
:bigsmurf:
everan
Dubai Forum Visitor

It is nice in some ways and not in others. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to see people haveing the need to shout about things and those who are behind much of it go unrecognized. But what can you do, that's the way they like to do things here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I don't think we'll be seeing Herve for a while.

Why not? Did he fracture something?
benwj

Re: UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 14, 2011
benwj wrote:

He contacted me via other means saying Andy has banned him. Judging by the inactivity of certain prolific posters on the forum, looks like Andy has binned several other members as well. And looking about several of the 'hot' threads from politics have been moved to FC. So Andy is lurking.

I;d say there's be at least one reincarnation already, but they're not doing a very good job of hiding, traits are sneaking through, but I'll hold judgment for now lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

That explains why it has gone rather quite then.
benwj

benwj wrote:That explains why it has gone rather quite then.

Maybe it'll give some of the new members a chance to post lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:That's just rude Ambassador and how naive and ignorant of you to ASSUME that all Europeans have a good grasp of English - many don't have English as a second or even third language.

Now to answer everan's question (politely) yes this happens alot here. The majority of it is in a bid to bring the nation together, to make people who live here feel part of something. Whether it has the desired effect or not is another matter. But I like the intentions.

Many thanks Chocs for your valuable correction.

If only I had more support on the forum.

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:
benwj wrote:

He contacted me via other means stating saying Andy had has banned him. Judging by the inactivity of certain prolific posters on the forum, it looks like Andy has binned several other members also as well. And looking around (coma)about several of the 'hot' threads from politics have been moved to FC. So Andy is lurking.

I;d (would) say there's be delete at at least one reincarnation already, but they're not doing a very good job of hiding, traits are sneaking through, but I'll hold judgment for now lol

Chocs,

Is this your way of saying that you were also Herve?
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

spellcheckergirl wrote:omissis

This world is gonna become a s**t because people like you. If you still focus on the shape of things instead of taking care to understand the substance of it, you just prove your ignorance much more than any kind of mistakes in English language I can write in my life. Check ideas of Noumeno and Fenomeno of Kant, if you can't understand my bad English.
everan
Dubai Forum Visitor

everan, please ignore spellcheckergirl, IT is a well known troll of the forum and stealer of avatars. Best to add to your 'foe' list and having nothing to do with the poor soul.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

you know, as a good Christian, I am doing my best to recover poor wounded souls... even if they are trolls
everan
Dubai Forum Visitor

everan wrote:you know, as a good Christian, I am doing my best to recover poor wounded souls... even if they are trolls

Don't mind someof the people on here, they just like to wind people up
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

everan wrote:you know, as a good Christian, I am doing my best to recover poor wounded souls... even if they are trolls

That's very noble of you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

everan wrote:

This world is gonna become a s**t because people like you. If you still focus on the shape of things instead of taking care to understand the substance of it, you just prove your ignorance much more than any kind of mistakes in English language I can write in my life. Check ideas of Noumeno and Fenomeno of Kant, if you can't understand my bad English.

Not much red ink remaining so I will miss out on the corrections.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oh BM/Drew give it a rest.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

sage & onion wrote:

Sage, is the word "someof" originate in Ghana or China?

We must remain calm and correct during our travels to reduce any anxiety.

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:52 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Oh BM/Drew give it a rest.

BM.........Drew...........where is BM not one of the recent sent to exile I hope?
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

spellcheckergirl wrote:
everan wrote:

Not much red ink remaining so I will miss out on the corrections.

You forgot commas on this sentence. Sorry, but it seems you aren't that much better...
everan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Chocoholic wrote:
benwj wrote:

He contacted me via other means saying Andy has banned him.

Would that be FB :shock: or Morse Code? :mrgreen:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:He contacted me via other means saying Andy has banned him.

Would that be FB :shock: or Morse Code? :mrgreen:

What are you doing with Ian's avatar BB?

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:
benwj wrote:That explains why it has gone rather quite then.

Maybe it'll give some of the new members a chance to post lol

You mean 'new' members.
Perhaps everyone can turn over a new leaf as well.
You might end up making friends with the same person that you previously didn't like that much. :) :) :)
benwj

Re: UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 15, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:That's just rude Ambassador and how naive and ignorant of you to ASSUME that all Europeans have a good grasp of English - many don't have English as a second or even third language.

oh be quiet :roll: and it turns out I was right :P

everan,

è semplicemente qualcosa sulla cultura del paese e niente altro.

est-ce simplement quelque chose sur la culture du pays et rien d'autre.

es simplemente algo de la cultura del país y nada más.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

spellcheckergirl wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Sage, is the word "someof" originate in Ghana or China?

We must remain calm and correct during our travels to reduce any anxiety.

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:52 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Oh BM/Drew give it a rest.

BM.........Drew...........where is BM not one of the recent sent to exile I hope?

Ghanaian slang
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It would appear so, but BM has several usernames and we've always known spellcheckergirl to possibly be one of them or more likely Drew in disguise.

Don't know, don't care really. Just wish people would be original and get their own avatars instead of pinching others and confusing the forum.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ambassador wrote:

oh be quiet :roll: and it turns out I was right :P

everan,

è semplicemente qualcosa sulla cultura del paese e niente altro.

est-ce simplement quelque chose sur la culture du pays et rien d'autre.

es simplemente algo de la cultura del país y nada más.

Yeah Got it and main task of this thread is to understand how this works...
everan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Chocoholic wrote:It would appear so, but BM has several usernames and we've always known spellcheckergirl to possibly be one of them or more likely Drew in disguise.

Don't know, don't care really. Just wish people would be original and get their own avatars instead of pinching others and confusing the forum.

Your wish is my command Chocs.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 16, 2011
spellcheckergirl wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:It would appear so, but BM has several usernames and we've always known spellcheckergirl to possibly be one of them or more likely Drew in disguise.

Thats better. Now I don't have to do a double take everytime I see chocs write something uncharacteristic.
benwj

Re: UAE40th: Our Allegiance To Khalifa Nov 16, 2011
benwj wrote:
spellcheckergirl wrote:

Thats better. Now I don't have to do a double take everytime I see chocs write something uncharacteristic.

To be honest it had me doing the same :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat