Cage Fighting For Children

Topic locked
Cage Fighting For Children Sep 22, 2011
Would you allow your child to cage fight?

I was quite shocked, this morning, to see footage of two 8/9 year olds taking part in an organised fight in a pub in the northern county of Lancashire.
I'm not really into violence. I like to think people can take care of themselves and I don't like cowards. It was always a concern that if I gave birth to a son, he would be a soft sod. Luckily I had 3 daughters and neither of them is soft or have ever been bullied.

Sky News interviewed Alex Reid (former Mr Jordon) who is a cage fighter. He said he thought it had all been built out of all proportion and looked as if it was a well organised event. There were doctors present and a referee. He thought it no more dangerous than boxing or rugby.

I can't think I would ever go to an event like this. I would want to climb in the ring and pull them apart.

Would you?

Police will take no action against the organisers of 'barbaric' cage fighting involving children as young as eight, it was confirmed today.
Concerns were raised about whether two boys were put at risk by taking part in a bout at Greenlands Labour Club in Preston, Lancashire, in front of a 250-strong adult audience.
But a spokesman for Lancashire Police said today the force had 'looked into this matter fully and there are no issues for us to pursue'.
Kicking, shoving and grappling each other to the floor, the youngsters were filmed competing in cage fighting contests in front of a baying mob of adults enjoying a night’s entertainment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040005/Children-young-EIGHT-filmed-taking-cage-fighting.html

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Cage Fighting For Children Sep 22, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:Would you allow your child to cage fight?

I was quite shocked, this morning, to see footage of two 8/9 year olds taking part in an organised fight in a pub in the northern county of Lancashire.
I'm not really into violence. I like to think people can take care of themselves and I don't like cowards. It was always a concern that if I gave birth to a son, he would be a soft sod. Luckily I had 3 daughters and neither of them is soft or have ever been bullied.

Sky News interviewed Alex Reid (former Mr Jordon) who is a cage fighter. He said he thought it had all been built out of all proportion and looked as if it was a well organised event. There were doctors present and a referee. He thought it no more dangerous than boxing or rugby.

I can't think I would ever go to an event like this. I would want to climb in the ring and pull them apart.

Would you?

Police will take no action against the organisers of 'barbaric' cage fighting involving children as young as eight, it was confirmed today.
Concerns were raised about whether two boys were put at risk by taking part in a bout at Greenlands Labour Club in Preston, Lancashire, in front of a 250-strong adult audience.
But a spokesman for Lancashire Police said today the force had 'looked into this matter fully and there are no issues for us to pursue'.
Kicking, shoving and grappling each other to the floor, the youngsters were filmed competing in cage fighting contests in front of a baying mob of adults enjoying a night’s entertainment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040005/Children-young-EIGHT-filmed-taking-cage-fighting.html

I would have though that sort of thing would be illegal...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Cage Fighting For Children Sep 25, 2011
Looks like a total beat up to me.

They don't have gloves or head protection because they are grappling, not boxing. I did something similar when I joined a judo club as a kid.

Of course you have to read the whole article to get the facts.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

blueshift wrote:Looks like a total beat up to me.

They don't have gloves or head protection because they are grappling, not boxing. I did something similar when I joined a judo club as a kid.

Of course you have to read the whole article to get the facts.

Surely judo is a martial art, blueshift? This looks like two kids being let loose on one another, with one ending up in tears, being cheered on by adults. Most unsavoury I thought.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Judo is also a free form combat sport which kids can compete in.

I expect you dislike combat sports in general BM. That's nothing unusual some people find combat sports distasteful.

I dislike bullying in any form. I don't want my kids to bully other kids and I don't want them to be bullied either. Combat sports are different - it something kids do because they enjoy it. If my kids want to get into combat sports, I'm fine with that.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Cage Fighting For Children Sep 26, 2011
shows exactly what this world is coming to :(
WellWisher
Dubai Forum Visitor

Should this thread not be merged with the immigrants having kids thread?

Think of the fun and viewing experience.

If you win you keep UK residents status.

If you loose its back to the beautiful valley of Pakistan.

Sky TV would take this one on I'm sure.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

spellcheckergirl wrote:Should this thread not be merged with the immigrants having kids thread?

No, no, no. If you win, you get a bonus in your monthly government check.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

spellcheckergirl wrote:Should this thread not be merged with the immigrants having kids thread?

is it mean that i lol'd at this?
WellWisher
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Cage Fighting For Children Sep 27, 2011
I know a few kids who would do well fighting in a cage.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat