Topic locked
What are they fighting for.... Mar 23, 2007
what bush gave to his people and to the rest of the world

please see both links

One side of the picture
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

Other Side of the picture
http://msnbc.com/modules/flash_mediatea ... _TyZiegel/

great alexander to hitler ... romans to british empire didtnt last forever but land water oil air everything were here and will stay here forever...

we never got the point its not the land it will be the civilization that will end...

aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2007
disturbing images

we all know what they r fighting for but for sure it;s not worth it all the massacres and slaughtering and death of so many ppl...
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2007
It's sad that the insurgents are killing so many innocent Iraqi people.

With that and the fighting between the Sunnies and Shites, it's a bad situation over there.
janetodd38
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 27, 2007
janetodd38 wrote:It's sad that the insurgents are killing so many innocent Iraqi people.

With that and the fighting between the Sunnies and Shites, it's a bad situation over there.

I didn't realise how bad it was until I saw a short story on BBC the other day about a driver who was going through a neighbourhood of the opposite sect. They stopped the car, dragged him out and blackmailed his family into giving them $5000, after they had already killed him. It was very sad and I felt so bad for his wife and children. She said that only God can forgive, she cannot. I would find it very hard to forgive also.
Then the Americans went on wild goose chase. No one tells them anything about the sniper that fired from their own house rooftop, that the Americans inturn emptied 2000 magazines of ammunition into.

The Americans might be leaving by the end of next year which, by then, a lot of Iraqis may want, but I have almost lost any hope of a remotely ideal outcome.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 27, 2007
I think the only remote chance the country has is to divide it into separate new republics just like we saw with the former Yugoslavia - which is now a relatively peaceful part of the world.

One part for the kurds, one part for Sunni's and one for Shiites.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Mar 27, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:I think the only remote chance the country has is to divide it into separate new republics just like we saw with the former Yugoslavia - which is now a relatively peaceful part of the world.

One part for the kurds, one part for Sunni's and one for Shiites.

that won't work..turkey will never allow for the kurds to have a piece of land
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2007
If dividing is a solution for every conflict then we would find a billion country in the world.

They were living in peace before saddam and before the americans came.

The division will create war between the newly created states which is will be worse than the current one.

if the world leaves them alone they will live, all this killings is supported by major powers in some way.
Pals
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat