Speedy Wins

Topic locked
Speedy wins Jul 14, 2011
i thought the forum maybe needed a change in topics :)

http://www.uaeinteract.com/docs/Speedy_ ... /46096.htm

i thought it was cute :D

general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Speedy wins Jul 14, 2011
That's a refreshing change general!

Before I had my place in JBR I often stayed at the Al Qasr and the Mina Al Salam hotels. There is a little turtle sanctury (ot there used to be) at Al Qasr. You can walk on a platform over where the injured turtles are being rehabilitated before their release back into the sea.
Beth and I would always take a walk there after breakfast.
They are quite beautiful in an ugly way.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Speedy Wins Jul 14, 2011
sometimes they get caught in fishing nets, we would clean them up from all the dirt and coral and throw back into the water, i love seeing an animal go back to its natural habitat after being treated and helped, cant imagine how much of a reward it is.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Speedy wins Jul 14, 2011
Yes general, there is no way turtles should be kept in an unnatural habitat.

It was fasinating to read the brief history of the turtles in Al Qasr and how they were tagged and monitored on their release.

I don't know whether that project was paid for by Jumeirah International or that they just provided a temporary home for the turtles, but well done Jumeirah, anyway.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Speedy Wins Jul 14, 2011
there are many big similar projects that are sponsored by the government for different wild animals, and they are serious about it, anybody messes with those animals including wild turtles could end up in jail.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat