Speedy, Speedy, Speedy

Topic locked
Speedy, Speedy, Speedy Dec 21, 2006
So I'm on my way to work......yadda yadda...... and I experience yet another of those heartstopping moments when you know you have been inches away from death...and the kids too. Yet another boy racer playing dodgems with the traffic.
It throws up a few questions. There are boy racers in many countries, but why is there such an epidemic here?
Why does anyone give a top of the range sports car to an 18 year old who has just passed his test ( or doesn't have a licence in a lot of cases? )
Isn't suicide 'haram' in Islam'? Cos that is basically what they are doing. And what about the poor souls they take out along with themselves?
Such a waste of life..............................especially young life. :(

sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Speedy, Speedy, Speedy Dec 21, 2006
First of all thank u for ur concern, the second point, yea it is 'haram' in Islam to do theses things since it makes people scared and put the life of the driver and the lives of other people in danger. Yet many people aren't aware of that. Well u want someone to blame, blame Hollywood for all the movies they make and the pictures they want us to see which is that a real man should smoke like there is no tomorrow and drive cars like he is racing. To be honest, I used to do that sometime back, but it was a time when traffic wasn't that bad, Yet I stopped doing these stupid things a long time ago since streets can't handle stunts any more. My message to all the drivers out there in the streets of Dubai, remember it is the rider not the ride who shows how a good driver you are ! 8) 8) 8)
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Dec 21, 2006
one dead stuped driver razer = safer roads 1 second later.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 21, 2006
We have a big problem with that here as well. Just last week we had a 16 year old pulled over going 120 something in his little sports car. His excuse "I'm going to be home after my curfew and my mom is going to kill me, I didn't want to get in trouble"

the father issued a press release the next day stating that his sons car has been sold and he will not be driving.

But isn't the point here just like Sauron said "Why does anyone give a top of the range sports car to an 18 year old who has just passed his test ( or doesn't have a licence in a lot of cases? ) " only in our country they are aloud to drive at 16!

At that speed the boy could have killed many people. What parent thinks its okay to put that kind of powerful car in the hands of a teenager who is full of raging hormones? ugh....
SimplyMe
Dubai Forum User

Re: Speedy, Speedy, Speedy Dec 22, 2006
sauron wrote:So I'm on my way to work......yadda yadda...... and I experience yet another of those heartstopping moments when you know you have been inches away from death...and the kids too. Yet another boy racer playing dodgems with the traffic.
It throws up a few questions. There are boy racers in many countries, but why is there such an epidemic here?
Why does anyone give a top of the range sports car to an 18 year old who has just passed his test ( or doesn't have a licence in a lot of cases? )
Isn't suicide 'haram' in Islam'? Cos that is basically what they are doing. And what about the poor souls they take out along with themselves?
Such a waste of life..............................especially young life. :(

you should never get in a car with me then.

and no comments from you palkid --- those were not my fault :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
Bushra, the boy racer!! :D I hope I never have to get into a car with you :shock: But you are a UAE national, yeah? Shed a little light, please. Is it boredom, bravado or a deathwish :?:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 22, 2006
sauron wrote:Bushra, the boy racer!! :D I hope I never have to get into a car with you :shock: But you are a UAE national, yeah? Shed a little light, please. Is it boredom, bravado or a deathwish :?:

boy racer? im not a boy.... :(

im actually a good driver so you wouldn't really need to be worried. and its a mix of boredom from driving so much and traffic being so crappy and also because i like the way it feels.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
sauron wrote:Bushra, the boy racer!! :D I hope I never have to get into a car with you :shock: But you are a UAE national, yeah? Shed a little light, please. Is it boredom, bravado or a deathwish :?:

im actually a good driver so you wouldn't really need to be worried. and its a mix of boredom from driving so much and traffic being so crappy and also because i like the way it feels.

Come on Bushra, Daddy says, NO MORE STREET RACING OK.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

my car is in the garage right now...so ok :)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

my car is in the garage right now...so ok :)

Good, I am glad to hear it.

Hey you like fast cars?, I hear they have drag racing at the Autodrome today.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
Was kidding about you being a boy - know you are one very sassy lady! Hope you get your car back soon........and watch out for Sage. He might name and shame you in the Gulf News. :lol:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 22, 2006
hehe, no probelms :D my cousin was already called out in another thread...its not long before its my turn :)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 22, 2006
sauron wrote:Was kidding about you being a boy - know you are one very sassy lady! Hope you get your car back soon........and watch out for Sage. He might name and shame you in the Gulf News. :lol:

Bushra, I'm her Dad, can't name and shame me own Daughter now can I :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 22, 2006
Guess not, but maybe you could take away her licence. It's been tried before. :D
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 22, 2006
sauron wrote:Guess not, but maybe you could take away her licence. It's been tried before. :D

keyword: tried
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat