Bloggers In Court

Topic locked
Re: Bloggers in court Jun 19, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:@FD: WHAT??? Are you saying that may be "impersonating" a local?

The old days:

bushra21 wrote:Because to be honest, I am not really local

http://www.dubaiforums.com/philosophy-dubai/racism-issue-t14669-75.html

Don't be a banana and copy only what you want....

bushra21 wrote:Because to be honest, I am not really local. neither am i really an american, or a palestinian. That is the problem with being from a mixed heritage; others dont really consider you to be a part of their community. So I do understand from most aspects how difficult leaving may be for some.

No wonder a majority of the people who used to belong to this forum and post and were capable of having a discussion with others without acting like a child have now left ...

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Bloggers In Court Jun 19, 2011
Love the forum nanny "don't be a banana" LOOOOOL !

Good one Bushra. FD caught once again with his pants down !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I think it's cheating when quotes are edited to suit someone's argument. If you can't argue all the points, don't be selective and pick those you THINK you may have a good argument for because once exposed, everything said gets binned.

Thanks for pulling the full quote bushra.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

so bora how about we keep the discussion open, and I would love to hear bushra opinion on the issue instead of judjing me :shock: or at least add a value to it.

lets start over bora and bushra .

10% of expats in the UAE are a university graduate !

the link is in arabic from the minister of labour in UAE, for bushra to look at .
http://www.emaratalyoum.com/local-secti ... 04-1.61026
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

bushra21 wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:@FD: WHAT??? Are you saying that may be "impersonating" a local?

The old days:

bushra21 wrote:Because to be honest, I am not really local

http://www.dubaiforums.com/philosophy-dubai/racism-issue-t14669-75.html

Don't be a banana and copy only what you want....

bushra21 wrote:Because to be honest, I am not really local. neither am i really an american, or a palestinian. That is the problem with being from a mixed heritage; others dont really consider you to be a part of their community. So I do understand from most aspects how difficult leaving may be for some.

No wonder a majority of the people who used to belong to this forum and post and were capable of having a discussion with others without acting like a child have now left ...

Apologies if the questions were taken the wrong way. Emirati's do struggle with their national identity. I was just wondering why you consider yourself Emirati and other Emirati's don't, because you were struggling with it in the past. I apparently touch a wrong nerve, and by no means want to tell others how they should identify themselves.

-- Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:I think it's cheating when quotes are edited to suit someone's argument. If you can't argue all the points, don't be selective and pick those you THINK you may have a good argument for because once exposed, everything said gets binned.

Thanks for pulling the full quote bushra.

I am not trying to argue anything, just trying to explain where my questions came from. And questions about Emirati identity I consider very relevant on a Dubai forum.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Do I hear Back peddling ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Do I hear Back peddling ?

You can hear whatever you want if it makes you happy. :D
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

So can we clarify, just for the record, Bushra isn't Emirati, she's not sure what she is, DDS is a Pakistani but wishes he wasn't, Bora is a Yank, I'm English and FD is from the Netherlands or is it Holland? Oh and I nearly forgot, the UAEkid is from the UAE.

Good.
Bethsmum

Nationality has nothing to do with ethnicity. Because of immigration, nationality is widely used in relation to a nation - or country. Ethnicity has to do with one's heritage. XX's nationality is American, but his ethnicity is Egyptian/Chinese/Mexican/Lebanese/take your pick. :lol: Me, my family bloodline goes back to the Dutch and my paternal great grandfather had American Indian blood. Overtime my liberal family tree cross-bred, leaving me to become a blended cocktail. :lol: But they were all Americans, and last time I looked at my passport, so am I. :wink: :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Do I hear Back peddling ?

You can hear whatever you want if it makes you happy. :D

Not only do I hear it, I see it aswell. ;)
desertdudeshj

Bora Bora wrote:@ Sym: hat's off to you Sym. Very, very well said. Too bad the powers that be can't see it as clearly as you do. Is there a majlis that you can visit for open discussion where you may open a few minds and eyes of those who can initiate change? :wink:

I rather stay away from them, I prefer to live in my own peacful world ;)
I believe the new generation will be more understanding.

Bethsmum wrote:Sym's on his best behaviour :D

As per my new theme :D

Flying Dutchman wrote:Could you please define what a local is? There are a lot of local wannabe's. Why do you consider yourself a local?

This is very harsh. You should quoted Bushra's words properly, and considered the atmosphere or tense of that old thread. Her mom is an Emarati, and it doesn't make her any less than any other Emarati. Perhaps she might not be an Emarati passport holder due to the complicated laws, but she'll always be our local girl.

Your attitude was very disrespectful & hostile, and I can tell you intended to hurt her feelings.
She's not a local wannabe. She's a local from dar el 7ay, it runs in her blood.

Discussion Extended :D !!
symmetric
BANNED

DISCUSSION CONTINUED.

If she does not have an Emirati passport, she is not an Emirati.

Simple

THE END
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I do...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:I do...

:cheers:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hahaha well that's the blokes well and truly put in their place isn't it?

It really is a shame that Kid will never ever see the other side of a situation. His loss I guess and that's why things don't progress - closed mentality.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

This is very harsh. You should quoted Bushra's words properly, and considered the atmosphere or tense of that old thread. Her mom is an Emarati, and it doesn't make her any less than any other Emarati. Perhaps she might not be an Emarati passport holder due to the complicated laws, but she'll always be our local girl.

Your attitude was very disrespectful & hostile, and I can tell you intended to hurt her feelings.

I don't think so Sym. The shortened quote does not take the statement out of context.

Now come on Sym, disrespectful and hostile? I don't think FD has the monoploy of that one, now does he?
Bethsmum

drewpeacock wrote:DISCUSSION CONTINUED.

Simple

THE END

I don't hold an Iranian passport, so does that make me loose my Iranic/Persian blood?
It takes more than just a document to identify yourself.

Logic

DISCUSSION EXTENDED
symmetric
BANNED

Perhaps she might not be an Emarati passport holder due to the complicated laws.

I do...

Well if I was an Emirati i wouldn't be throwing it all away to marry some Englishman (?) and live in Sports City.

I don't hold an Iranian passport, so does that make me loose my Iranic/Persian blood?
It takes more than just a document to identify yourself.

That all depends if you're proud of your heritage Sym! Look at Sir Shafique! He rams it down our throats that he's English! LOL How can he be English? He says it's because he has a passport. I would never disrespect my country of origin by claiming I was something else.
Bethsmum

I'm sorry but how retarded are you?

What exactly am I throwing away? I'm not going to Sports City anymore - found a better place, but still I don't understand how that has anything to do with...ANYTHING, in the first place.

Last time I checked I was allowed to marry whomever I wanted.

What is your problem BM?

More specifically; what is your problem with me. Because I have absolutely no clue who you are, yet you seem to have something against me and a few others on this forum.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:Well if I was an Emirati i wouldn't be throwing it all away to marry some Englishman (?) and live in Sports City.

desertdudeshj

bushra21 wrote:I'm sorry but how retarded are you?

What exactly am I throwing away? I'm not going to Sports City anymore - found a better place, but still I don't understand how that has anything to do with...ANYTHING, in the first place.

What is your problem BM?

More specifically; what is your problem with me. Because I have absolutely no clue who you are, yet you seem to have something against me and a few others on this forum.

No need to apologise!

What ever makes you think I have a problem with you? I have no idea who you are and I don't think you have too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:What ever makes you think I have a problem with you? I have no idea who you are and I don't think you have too.

Right, so you are just some bitter, rude old hag who can't find any comfort in the real world so you come and act like an absolute cow over the internet...got it.

Glad we got that out of the way - now I can go back to ignoring you.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:What ever makes you think I have a problem with you? I have no idea who you are and I don't think you have too.

Right, so you are just some bitter, rude old hag who can't find any comfort in the real world so you come and act like an absolute cow over the internet...got it.

Glad we got that out of the way - now I can go back to ignoring you.

Put me on your foe list!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bethsmum

bushra21 wrote:Right, so you are just some bitter, rude old hag who can't find any comfort in the real world so you come and act like an absolute cow over the internet...got it.

LOOOL ! Yup pretty much got it right on the money there bushra, but be carefull now you'll be labled as someonw who does not have a sense of humour or just does not get it.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
bushra21 wrote:Right, so you are just some bitter, rude old hag who can't find any comfort in the real world so you come and act like an absolute cow over the internet...got it.

LOOOL ! Yup pretty much got it right on the money there bushra, but be carefull now you'll be labled as someonw who does not have a sense of humour or just does not get it.

Oh keep your turban on munchkin, I'm just winding her up.
Bethsmum

And that proves exactly what we've said.
desertdudeshj

Bethsmum wrote:

I don't think so Sym. The shortened quote does not take the statement out of context.

Now come on Sym, disrespectful and hostile? I don't think FD has the monoploy of that one, now does he?

It all goes around one equation ---> (Sym Vs. FD) .. 8)
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:It all goes around one equation ---> (Sym Vs. FD) .. 8)

Relax Tex.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Relax Tex.

Agar Pars be joz viroon-sara nist, man in viroon-sara ra doost douram ~
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Relax Tex.

Agar Pars be joz viroon-sara nist, man in viroon-sara ra doost douram ~

voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

(it's the only phrase I remember from school :D )
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat