American Arrested In Dubai

Topic locked
Re: American Arrested in Dubai May 19, 2011
melika969 wrote:Oh very interesting! So locals walk around and demand money from foreigners! Hmm, based on this statement, those more than 1,500,000 foreigners living there should be really crazy choosing Dubai to live. Or maybe someone put a gun on their heads and forces them to live there. Who knows?!

First of all, do you have an opinion of your own or do you let High prietess dictate them to you. Must be a tiring job to follow her everywhere to "back her up"

Second of all, a total failure to understand the content of the post. Even BM got it and thats saying a lot.

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:
melika969 wrote:Oh very interesting! So locals walk around and demand money from foreigners! Hmm, based on this statement, those more than 1,500,000 foreigners living there should be really crazy choosing Dubai to live. Or maybe someone put a gun on their heads and forces them to live there. Who knows?!

First of all, do you have an opinion of your own or do you let High prietess dictate them to you. Must be a tiring job to follow her everywhere to "back her up"

Second of all, a total failure to understand the content of the post. Even BM got it and thats saying a lot.

:lol: :lol: a failed attempt to group forum members into different teams and start fighting and attacks?

For the record, I supported locals even in Herve's case; you might wanna remember that BM is his fan. so stop embarrassing yourself! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

viking-warrior wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:you lady always side with anything against this country
The police have a giant evidence against him , what does he have :mrgreen:

I only reply to mature comments

giant evidence - very mature :lol:

As to Abu Dhabi having over a trillion invested - seriously, take it back, at no cost and no profit or loss. Delever ALL the investments made using western money and go play in the east. It makes absolutely NO (zero) difference to us.

You see, you need the maturity and security of the western markets to diversify your investments and guarantee an income stream. The gazillions you speak of are primarily held in US Treasuries, in the US, at the mercy of the US treasury and the Fed in a rolling self perpetuating fund against oil generation & revenue. In order to realise any capital "you" need to borrow against the securities held in order to invest to generate cash income.

Quid pro quo - have your paper back and we won't have to lend to you any more.

Would certainly reduce the risk profile of our banks.

Oh really :D :D , you might be one of Few outsiders who know for sure where ADIA invests — or even how much money it controls according to Newyork times

read this article to learn facts and keep your info for yourself :sign6:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/busin ... 8fund.html
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Re: American Arrested in Dubai May 20, 2011
melika969 wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Oh very interesting! So locals walk around and demand money from foreigners! Hmm, based on this statement, those more than 1,500,000 foreigners living there should be really crazy choosing Dubai to live. Or maybe someone put a gun on their heads and forces them to live there. Who knows?!

Most locals seem decent folk, but they can get away with a lot.

We know it happens. The police demand money in compensation if they feel someone assaulted them or caused them physical or emotional distress. All it takes is for someone to take offence when some plain clothes officer siezes them or a loved one and they are facing the choice between paying compensation or looking at a long time in prison waiting for their case to be heard.

For whatever reason foreigners come here, it's definately not because of the police and the legal system.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

desertdudeshj wrote:

Nice one DDS! I knew you loved Aunty BM all along! :wink: :wink: :wink: Come here and give me a big hug :D

-- Fri May 20, 2011 12:24 am --

Mel's right Munchkin! I'm Herve's biggest fan :love5: Oh I just remembered! You don't rate the French do you?

I think you'll find Mel's got a mind of her own DDS, but if you want to discuss but kissers, you're a jolly good place to start! At various times over this forum you have been so far up other men's bottoms, I swear to God, there's only been your feet that's saved you disappearing from view altogether! LOL
Bethsmum

The rip is acting up and letting out all the hot air out again.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:The rip is acting up and letting out all the hot air out again.

I'm disappointed munchkin! Where's all that venom gone lately? Are you a bit depressed or something? Anything Aunty BM can help with?
Bethsmum

blueshift wrote:
melika969 wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Oh very interesting! So locals walk around and demand money from foreigners! Hmm, based on this statement, those more than 1,500,000 foreigners living there should be really crazy choosing Dubai to live. Or maybe someone put a gun on their heads and forces them to live there. Who knows?!

Most locals seem decent folk, but they can get away with a lot.

We know it happens. The police demand money in compensation if they feel someone assaulted them or caused them physical or emotional distress. All it takes is for someone to take offence when some plain clothes officer siezes them or a loved one and they are facing the choice between paying compensation or looking at a long time in prison waiting for their case to be heard.

For whatever reason foreigners come here, it's definately not because of the police and the legal system.

Blueshift, to be honest I never had an experience with legal system in UAE. I have had many travels there and locals I know are well educated and decent people. There sure might be some corruption, but what annoys me is some people make this decision for their lives, move to this region and take advantage of the opportunities it gives them, later on when they see the differences between here and west they start badmouthing the country and whole Middle East.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

^^^^^Well said Mel!
Bethsmum

melika969 wrote: Blueshift, to be honest I never had an experience with legal system in UAE. I have had many travels there and locals I know are well educated and decent people. There sure might be some corruption, but what annoys me is some people make this decision for their lives, move to this region and take advantage of the opportunities it gives them, later on when they see the differences between here and west they start badmouthing the country and whole Middle East.

You royal BS Melika...later when they see the difference.
Let me tell you about the difference, like when you move to Dubai and buy a house and when you told, written in the contract that you will get a residency visa with the house. Guess who later sees the difference, it is the buyer, screwed up , because in the mean time the government has canceled this benefit to all contracts.
This country is nothing but a fraud. they change the laws every time they go to the bathroom.
Same with the investors and banks , they lent billions to Dubai World and when it is pay back time, Dubai World changes the deal, postpone the repayment dates, and reduces the interests rates.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Where I live, rules change too. One simple example, import duty for mobile phones was 4%. In one night they raised it to 96%! But the difference is people who do business here, make themselves ready for these changes! We know what s going on here. Why westerners don’t educate themselves about the nature of business here?

I have worked with a very big international company active in oil and gas. And now I m working with another very big international FMCG. So I have worked with lots of expats in high level of companies working in Iran and Dubai. No offence but what I found is most of them are crap! Some of them are well experienced and talented people; they can make changes and run the business. But most of them are just opportunists who are here to take advantage of 15000 USD monthly housing allowance the company gives them and huge salaries! Well I understand losing those advantages must be hard Herve! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: American Arrested in Dubai May 21, 2011
melika969 wrote: Why westerners don’t educate themselves about the nature of business here?

Well I understand losing those advantages must be hard Herve! :D

Oh I educate a lot of them lately, and the good thing what is in the news confirm that they should do business ELSEWHERE.
I have more advantages to not live there.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:
melika969 wrote: Why westerners don’t educate themselves about the nature of business here?

Well I understand losing those advantages must be hard Herve! :D

Oh I educate a lot of them lately, and the good thing what is in the news confirm that they should do business ELSEWHERE.
I have more advantages to not live there.

That looks like a win-win situation then. Good for you and them! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Uaeboobedooscooobydoo, No I don't! And what is this 'giant' evidence you speak of? Oh the word of the inept police officer who 'lost' his handcuffs in the first place? Uh-huh - moving on.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Uaeboobedooscooobydoo, No I don't! And what is this 'giant' evidence you speak of? Oh the word of the inept police officer who 'lost' his handcuffs in the first place? Uh-huh - moving on.

Chocs, have you been on the lash again? The man's name is Uaebadoo.

I always think you sound like you're on a bus when you keep telling people to move on. You weren't a bus driver previously were you?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Uaeboobedooscooobydoo, No I don't! And what is this 'giant' evidence you speak of? Oh the word of the inept police officer who 'lost' his handcuffs in the first place? Uh-huh - moving on.

Chocs, have you been on the lash again? The man's name is Uaebadoo.

I always think you sound like you're on a bus when you keep telling people to move on. You weren't a bus driver previously were you?

no problem i am used to choco
she doest like me because i used to
side with firefingers against her :mrgreen:
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Re: American Arrested in Dubai May 22, 2011
uaebadoo wrote:no problem i am used to choco

You are used to Choco? :shock:
Who's firefingers? Is that her boyfriend? :drunken:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:

nooooo
he is one local who used to argue alot with her
Now for months he disappeared
I think she killed him
I am afraid I am next
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

uaebadoo wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

nooooo
he is one local who used to argue alot with her
Now for months he disappeared
I think she killed him
I am afraid I am next

:lol: :lol: :lol: after UAEKid of course. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I am afraid I am next[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: after UAEKid of course. :wink:[/quote]

The list seems long for her
even you Bora Bora might be on her most wanted list :lol:
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Oh dear o dear, trust me you guys have NOTHING on Liban! I wish he was back, always game for a laugh.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Oh dear o dear, trust me you guys have NOTHING on Liban! I wish he was back, always game for a laugh.

Until his wife found out!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Oh dear o dear, trust me you guys have NOTHING on Liban! I wish he was back, always game for a laugh.

Knight

Oh yeah forgot about that. Under the thumb lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

uaebadoo wrote:I am afraid I am next

:lol: :lol: :lol: after UAEKid of course. :wink:[/quote]

The list seems long for her
even you Bora Bora might be on her most wanted list :lol:[/quote]

Hey! Don't leave me out! Surely I'm ahead of Bora :drunken:

Firefingers, that's an awesome name!
Bethsmum

OMG are you guys serious? Look it takes all sorts to make the world go round afterall, if everyone agreed on everything, life would be incredibly boring.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:OMG are you guys serious? Look it takes all sorts to make the world go round afterall, if everyone agreed on everything, life would be incredibly boring.

Why Chocs! Which side of your personality is on show tonight? It takes all sorts? Now does it really? Then why do you harp on when someone posts a topic you don't agree with? There you go on random topics burbling on about wine regions in Austria or somewhere random and someone else posts something none Dubai related and you jump up and down like some demented monkey!

And while you're on, at least twice in the last couple of weeks you've posted that I'm a smoker, even today you said I smelt like Fag Ash Lil. Can I ask where you got this information from? I ask this as the last time I looked I'd never ever smoked. Do you know something about me that I have missed? Do tell!
Now I don't really expect you to answer this post but I will keep asking, don't worry.
Your friend posted, the other day, that Dillon and I were no longer friends. Now that was news to me. She apologised. How about you do the same? You've said twice that i'm a smoker and I'm telling you twice, in case you missed it, that I'm not.
Bethsmum

Re: American Arrested in Dubai May 23, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

Oh yeah forgot about that. Under the thumb lol

Actually, she seemed really nice. She was just pissed that he hid the forum from her, it made her wonder what he was doing on here that he had to hide it... He was becoming more extreme in his religious views after moving to Dubai, so I fear it is she who is under the thumb now. :roll: I hope she is happy and well.

-- Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 am --

Bethsmum wrote:And while you're on, at least twice in the last couple of weeks you've posted that I'm a smoker, even today you said I smelt like Fag Ash Lil. Can I ask where you got this information from? I ask this as the last time I looked I'd never ever smoked. Do you know something about me that I have missed? Do tell!
Now I don't really expect you to answer this post but I will keep asking, don't worry.
Your friend posted, the other day, that Dillon and I were no longer friends. Now that was news to me. She apologised. How about you do the same? You've said twice that i'm a smoker and I'm telling you twice, in case you missed it, that I'm not.

BM, you need an apology from Chocs for mistakenly saying you are a smoker? (BB is the smoker, right?) Grow up!

I think the whole forum needs an apology for so much of the offensive crap you've spouted on here. I doubt that will happen. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: American Arrested In Dubai May 23, 2011
Kanelli, are you suggesting that I'm the one who smells like "Fag Ash Lil"?? :shock: Then that would mean DK smells like "Fag Ash Bil" :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Irritating when people get things wrong isn't it BM!!! You'll get nothing from me, but the annoyance of me proving a point!

Anyway if it's not Fag Ash Lil, it'll be a wino, judging how much plonk you shove down your neck.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Irritating when people get things wrong isn't it BM!!! You'll get nothing from me, but the annoyance of me proving a point!

Anyway if it's not Fag Ash Lil, it'll be a wino, judging how much plonk you shove down your neck.

You stupid girl.

What point are you trying to prove exactly? That you make it up as you go along? That you pull things out of thin air to try and belittle someone? then fail?

it wouldn't be so bad if you were even near the target, but you couldn't hit my barn door at ten paces.

You haven't even got the guts to admit when you're wrong. So I'm not a smoker but a wino. Am I really?

Well I'd rather be all those things but an evil little b1tch like you.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat