Church Attacks Leave Twelve Dead - Egypt

Topic locked
Church attacks leave twelve dead - Egypt May 08, 2011
Reports are saying two churches were attacked by unruly mobs. We're now hearing a total of 12 are reported dead following the attacks; one church was firebombed and another church was set upon by an angry mob, the Christians inside were brutally attacked and many killed.

From al-Jazeera:

Hermina, a parish priest, told AFP news agency that the dead were Copts who died when "thugs and Salafists fired at them" in the late afternoon attack.

The church floor was bloodstained as wounded Christians were brought in for treatment.

Shahira Abu Leil, a blogger and activist, told Al Jazeera that Salafists were not involved in the clashes, and that attempts were being made to bring security to the area.

"A building was also set on fire, and people are trying to prevent a possible explosion from gas leakages," she said.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Church Attacks Leave Twelve Dead - Egypt May 08, 2011
5 Muslims- 5 Christians :S... the other 2 still not announced i guess...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Church attacks leave twelve dead - Egypt May 08, 2011
What is the point exactly? Plus why do we have to identify people by religion - 12 PEOPLE/HUMAN BEINGS died!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

The point is that ALL muslims are evil...
When was the last time you heard Christians burned a Mosque.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

gertrude wrote:The point is that ALL muslims are evil...

er no! You're just a narrow minded, ignorant person!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Why just sometime back, a bunch of hicks attacked a mosque after hearing about the OBL's killing. Someplace called redbridge I think.

A what was the mosque bombing in Florida ? A fire cracker test ?
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:

Hummm, I guess you married one, yukkk, i saw in the news they are not even good in bed, with this woman suing her mouzlim hubby for lack of $ex. :lol:
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

gertrude wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Hummm, I guess you married one, yukkk

A mosque burning Christian ? Yuk indeed !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:

Why just sometime back, a bunch of hicks attacked a mosque after hearing about the OBL's killing. Someplace called redbridge I think.

A what was the mosque bombing in Florida ? A fire cracker test ?

...isolated incidents, nothing even close or comparable to mobs, crowds, of mouzlims torching churches and killing people
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Question was, WHEN was the last time, as if it has never ever happened in the history of mankind. And to the rest of your statment.

Nothing other than isolated incidents out of a crowd of over a billion people ;)
desertdudeshj

gertrude wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Hummm, I guess you married one, yukkk, i saw in the news they are not even good in bed, with this woman suing her mouzlim hubby for lack of $ex. :lol:

I have to agree Gertrude, muslims are, indeed, rubbish in bed :D
Bethsmum

did u try it all BM :lol: ...

-- Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 am --

Chocoholic wrote:What is the point exactly? Plus why do we have to identify people by religion - 12 PEOPLE/HUMAN BEINGS died!

well, I agree with that Choco, but when EH posts similar posts I guess he means something specifically...
and he always impress me by the details ( zero) he knows about things running here or there....

so far I have heard 2 different stories that caused this fights happened in Egypt... but the best I heard was that the army has intention to execute who caused this mess, which isn't yet confirmed...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Church attacks leave twelve dead - Egypt May 09, 2011
did u try it all BM ...

Yes, I did Mahmoud. What a let down. :cry:
Bethsmum

Re: Church Attacks Leave Twelve Dead - Egypt May 09, 2011
u r always ready to answer BM... thats good...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:u r always ready to answer BM... thats good...

Happy to help :bounce:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
did u try it all BM ...

Wasn't the blokes fault. This is what he told his friend the other day.

So I went up to my girlfriend the other day and said
"Man you got a big pu**y"
And she said: "Why did you say it twice?"
And I said " I didn't" :shock:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:
did u try it all BM ...

Err, is that a Muslim joke? :?
Bethsmum

Chocoholic wrote:

ahhh choc, that s a good one.....I thought Islam was the most narrow minded bigoted religion in the world.
You should have married a jew, never heard of a jew being sued for bad $ex
capsicum
BANNED

Hello gertrude you narrow minded dimwit. Any more insane logic you would like to share?

Bethsmum wrote:I have to agree Gertrude, muslims are, indeed, rubbish in bed :D

Geez, how many have you had? If you aren't enjoying it you really should stop having s*x with them.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

Christians

Nigeria - Christian youths burn mosque
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110419/wl ... voteunrest

Indonesia - Church condemns Christian attack on mosque
http://cathnews.acu.edu.au/904/21.html

Perhaps not Christians but anyhow...

US - Portland bomb-nut mosque burned
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/p ... amzt8ONBZI

US - Tennessee mosque site burned by arsonists
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2010 ... rned_b.php

West Bank - Settlers attack West Bank mosque and burn holy Muslim books
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 953281.ece
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

The Indonesian news report really surprised me, then I looked at the time stamp and discovered why:

10:38am 23/4/99

Nigeria is where both sides are carrying out atrocities, but the Muslim side has more of a religious identity in their attacks.
event horizon

Parts of Indonesia and Nigeria are still seeing conflicts between Christians and Muslims in 2011.

eh, you are clearly an Islamophobe. Neither Christianity or Islam are superior to one another, so you or anyone else here can try to argue which religion and its followers are more moral etc., but ultimately you'll fail.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Parts of Indonesia and Nigeria are still seeing conflicts between Christians and Muslims in 2011.

eh, you are clearly an Islamophobe. Neither Christianity or Islam or superior to one another, so you or anyone else here can try to argue which religion and its followers are more moral etc., but ultimately you'll fail.

Actually, I think many would argue otherwise. Would you call anyone who believes Islam is superior to Christianity a 'Christianophobe'? Seriously, let's hope you're consistent with this. (Although I'm sure you won't be once you start asking Muslims to compare Christianity to their religion and hear their responses)

I'm a critic and I'll remain one. I'll leave the name calling and adjective dropping to others, but if you fail to condemn any Muslim who believes Islam is superior to Christianity, then that would make you a ....?
event horizon

DearJohn wrote:

Hello gertrude you narrow minded dimwit. Any more insane logic you would like to share?

Geez, how many have you had? If you aren't enjoying it you really should stop having s*x with them.

Don't call Gertrude names John, that's rude!

And only one up to pres. :D
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
DearJohn wrote:

Don't call Gertrude names John, that's rude!

And only one up to pres. :D

All I can see is name calling here in this delightful forum, from you and from others. ave the lecture until you can live by your own principles.

Do you mean you have slept with one muslim and that has concluded your analysis that they are cr*p in the sack? Quite a detailed study you have carried out.

Anyway reminds me of a story of when I got cosy with a nice english bird, she had a great body and I was very turned on but as we undressed I noticed she had a mole near one of her breasts with a hair pretruding from it. That really turned me off. Ultimately I couldn't perform nearly as well. Who was to blame, me or the girl with the hairy mole? Takes two to tango my dear and I suspect you contributed to the lack of performance by that poor chap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

event horizon wrote:
kanelli wrote:Parts of Indonesia and Nigeria are still seeing conflicts between Christians and Muslims in 2011.

eh, you are clearly an Islamophobe. Neither Christianity or Islam or superior to one another, so you or anyone else here can try to argue which religion and its followers are more moral etc., but ultimately you'll fail.

Actually, I think many would argue otherwise. Would you call anyone who believes Islam is superior to Christianity a 'Christianophobe'? Seriously, let's hope you're consistent with this. (Although I'm sure you won't be once you start asking Muslims to compare Christianity to their religion and hear their responses)

I'm a critic and I'll remain one. I'll leave the name calling and adjective dropping to others, but if you fail to condemn any Muslim who believes Islam is superior to Christianity, then that would make you a ....?

eh, please let me clarify. What makes you an Islamophobe is the constant posting of anti-Islam propaganda that others have shown to be incorrect. It is hyping up negatives of a religion, constantly, for the purpose of instigating others to dislike or even hate that religion.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

LOL first off, I'm not married. Secondly I don't believe in religion at all. But for arguments sake over which one is best blah blah blah, at their core ALL the religions, be it Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc etc teach exactly the same set of rules for humanity - they all do and there's no denying it. It's the basic set of human rules and morals for any society anywhere in the world. Now, what comes next is interpretation - man's interpretation of those rules and morals etc etc which then take the religions sideways.

Then you have the extremists who completely misinterpret the core meanings and they're the ones who cause the issues.

In my opinion, the only good religion is no religion. I was brought up, unbaptised, my parents wanted me and my brother to make out own choice.

Personally I'll go for Jedi - May the force be with you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

event horizon wrote:I'm a critic and I'll remain one.

PMSL!!!! Thank you for that!!! A critic of Islam??? :lol: :lol:

critic: someone who frequently finds fault or makes harsh and unfair judgments

Most "critics" tend to think themselves an authority on a specific subject. In your case it would be Islam. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:

Most bf's especially ex-bf's love to brag. I just tell em; after the first two inches she was brand new :D :D

-- Mon May 09, 2011 3:21 pm --

kanelli wrote:
event horizon wrote:

eh, please let me clarify. What makes you an Islamophobe is the constant posting of anti-Islam propaganda that others have shown to be incorrect. It is hyping up negatives of a religion, constantly, for the purpose of instigating others to dislike or even hate that religion.

That's a fair statement Kanelli. But the thread at hand is about Egypt and not Africa. You cannot blame EH for posting a link to it because it's not fictional. I agree that some of his other links might have warranted your above statement and as I stated it is a fair statement.
But do you have anything to say about the thread at hand?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

DearJohn wrote:All I can see is name calling here in this delightful forum, from you and from others. ave the lecture until you can live by your own principles.

Do you mean you have slept with one muslim and that has concluded your analysis that they are cr*p in the sack? Quite a detailed study you have carried out.

Anyway reminds me of a story of when I got cosy with a nice english bird, she had a great body and I was very turned on but as we undressed I noticed she had a mole near one of her breasts with a hair pretruding from it. That really turned me off. Ultimately I couldn't perform nearly as well. Who was to blame, me or the girl with the hairy mole? Takes two to tango my dear and I suspect you contributed to the lack of performance by that poor chap. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well John, I can definitely understand name calling when you've had a run in with somebody although I'm not a massive fan of it myself, that's not saying I haven't sunk to that level. But what has Gertrude done to you that you would call her a narrow minded dimwit? I would have thought it a bit harsh. It wasn't a lecture, more than a comment. I felt rather sorry for her. BTW I trust you meant 'save'?

As for the Muslim bit John, well that's for me to know and you to find out, and I somehow think that's never going to happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk