Safari Package

Topic locked
safari package Mar 10, 2006
My colleagues and me would like to experience the night safari which includes belling dance, bbq, camel etc, what we find in the hotel costs 295dhs for a person and it is very expensive evenwe can have 10%off. we would like to know is there any safari package cheaper and how much would it be? for your information, there will be around 15 people.

bonitatricia
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2006
been there twice costs 180 Dhs per person...and if you book for 6 people together its 900....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2006
Depends which company you go with. Between 200 and 300 Dhs is perfectly normal.

Personally I like Knight Tours. Because all the drivers are nationals and it makes it all a bit nicer, they're good guys and really take care of you throughtout the whole thing.

A piece of advice - don't eat before the dune bashing and take some travel sickness tablets otherwise it's chunder heaven - eeewwwww!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
normal package from 3pm-9pm. price is about AED130-150.
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 11, 2006
to cadmus
is there any website or tel no. for me to make the reservation??
bonitatricia
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2006
geraintindxb, where can i find those packages~~~any website or no. ?
bonitatricia
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2006
just send an e-mail to this address: dubai@vip.163.com
they might give your some information about it.

enjoy it!
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 11, 2006
Even if it is hard on the stomach, what about the back? Have any of you jarred your back while out dune bashing?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 11, 2006
I'm going next weekend! :)
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2006
highly recommend it, you'll have a blast and Kannelli suck it up you sound as old as Gab hehehehe.

if you buy yourself an entertainment book there are 3 2 for 1 coupons for Arabian adventures, it'll work out to 175 a person, you can get cheaper if you want.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 12, 2006
We went on Friday and had a fantastic time with Arabian Nights. 280 AED but if you have The Entertainer, its two for the price of one. WELL worth it. The dune bashing is fantastic and ...w ell, an experience to say the least and the driver we had was an absolute lunatic! The number for them is 04 321 6565.

And I would DEF take on board the advice about not eating before you go.... the jeep in front of us had a nasty "accident"!!! :shock:
Louloute
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2006
hahaha, I went 3 days ago for the fourth time and one of the girls in our car had to use 3 bags, I guess the Vietnamese Pho we had an hour before didn't help. We went with a company called GV, it is owned by MMI and had a blast I've been 4 times with 4 different companies now and never had a bad experience, great value for the money.

Sorry about the above quoted price 280/2 is 140 not 175, my bad.

Also if you are keen and want to get a little crazier take out the dune buggies we've done that once and it is a lot more fun. It ran us 400 from Jumeria Beach Hotel
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 12, 2006
fayz wrote:highly recommend it, you'll have a blast and Kannelli suck it up you sound as old as Gab hehehehe.

if you buy yourself an entertainment book there are 3 2 for 1 coupons for Arabian adventures, it'll work out to 175 a person, you can get cheaper if you want.

Hey, you hoser - I'm a tall girl! I'll be sure to tell my Osteopath you told me to just suck it up :wink:

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 12, 2006
HAHAHAHA A hoser, you are really a Canadian :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 12, 2006
Say, what's "the Entertainer"? Where can I get one?
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2006
fayz wrote:hahaha, I went 3 days ago for the fourth time and one of the girls in our car had to use 3 bags, I guess the Vietnamese Pho we had an hour before didn't help. We went with a company called GV, it is owned by MMI and had a blast I've been 4 times with 4 different companies now and never had a bad experience, great value for the money.

Sorry about the above quoted price 280/2 is 140 not 175, my bad.

Also if you are keen and want to get a little crazier take out the dune buggies we've done that once and it is a lot more fun. It ran us 400 from Jumeria Beach Hotel

280 for 2 person is reall good!!!!! but.........what is entertainment book??? how can I get it, and how much for the book???

By the way~~~thx a lot!!!!
bonitatricia
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 13, 2006
Have you never heard of the Entertainer? Its excellent. Its basically a book of "2 for the price of 1" vouchers for LOADS of different restaurants, bars, clubs in Dubai and then theres a small section on activities like vouchers for Wild Wadi, Golfing, Cinema, Bowling etc. Its DEF well worth the 150 AED you pay for it. Have a look at: http://www.theentertainer.ae/ (the green one)

There is also an Entertainer for fine dining restaurants and one for Body... ie, gyms, salons, fitness clubs etc. But beware, the Body one is only valid until March 31, 2006. A new one of these will be available mid April.

So get out there and get it.... hey, I should be on commission!!! :lol:
Louloute
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2006
hahaha you should, it is a good book, almost a guarantee that you will have visitors here during the year, the 2 for 1 Desert safaris, Wild Wadi, Ski Dubai, easily cover the cost of the book and most restaurants have 2 for 1 deals as well which can add up to a lot of savings.

I use to buy these books back home as well and they were all great my only suggestion is the ones back home use to mostly be 2 for 1 or 50% off should you be alone, the ones in Dubai would be better if they had the 50% off option as well.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 14, 2006
Im not sure how the restaurants work but the body one works like that, where they stamp your voucher and you get the 2nd 'whatever' free.... As far as I know. We use it quite a bit and its GREAT when you have visitors.... which seems to be pretty frequent la la la la la... its amazing the distances people will travel when theres a free gaff LOL :lol:
Louloute
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat