British Teen Dumps Baby In Dubai

Topic locked
British teen dumps baby in Dubai Jan 09, 2011

A teenager abandoned her baby in the street after she fell pregnant during a trip home.

The 18-year-old British expat had sex with a man while back in the United Kingdom, but did not find out she was pregnant until she returned to Dubai.

http://7days.ae/storydetails.php?id=101 ... in%20Dubai

How horrible, I can confirm that "baby dumping" has become an epidemic in southeast asia, Such people should be sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON !

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: British teen dumps baby in Dubai Jan 09, 2011
Zubber, you shouldn't judge this poor girl! She must have been out of her mind with worry to do something like this. The poor girl gave birth on her own. What a trauma. She is more to be pitied than scorned. You shouldn't confuse this with people dumping their babies for economic reasons.
What a shame she couldn't confide in her parents. I hope that if any one of my daughters ever had problems they would be able to come to me, whatever they were.
Poor mother and baby.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: British teen dumps baby in Dubai Jan 09, 2011
It is against the law in Dubai for a unmarried woman or teen girl to have a baby, she could not have a baby in Dubai, period, she would have been sent to jail for years, fear and a traumatic experience lead this poor girl to this desperate act.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: British Teen Dumps Baby In Dubai Jan 09, 2011
Hold on a minute Dubai bashers.
1. It takes 2 to tango.
2. This girl didn't tell her parents that she was pregnant.
3. Not that they were interested. The parents were too self-absorbed to notice.
4. The maid is to blame for not telling the parents. :lol:
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: British teen dumps baby in Dubai Jan 10, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:..She is more to be pitied than scorned. You shouldn't confuse this with people dumping their babies for economic reasons.
What a shame she couldn't confide in her parents.....
Poor mother and baby.

So people dumping their babies for economic reasons are not to be pitied? Are you saying they should be scorned? :roll:
BM, I hope you are not drifting to your wayward ways again.... :lol:
zonker
BANNED

Re: British Teen Dumps Baby In Dubai Jan 10, 2011
Lots of problems here - se.x education, lack of responsibility for contraceptive use, openness about se.x with parents, UAE laws that punish people for creating children out of wedlock, psychological issues, immaturity when dealing with the situation, lack of parental attention... I feel sorry for everyone involved, especially the baby who is completely innocent in all of this.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

This heartlessly dumping of babies has become rather more common in the UK. A couple of years back there was this girl who aborted a fetus in the toilet of a night-club, then went back to dancing the night away.
So, there must be a little more to it than education, openness with parents, and UAE laws etc.
Its a bit frightening though.....how can someone dump a helpless baby, knowing full well that more than likely harm can come to it?
Heartless, and soulless..... :evil:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:..She is more to be pitied than scorned. You shouldn't confuse this with people dumping their babies for economic reasons.
What a shame she couldn't confide in her parents.....
Poor mother and baby.

So people dumping their babies for economic reasons are not to be pitied? Are you saying they should be scorned? :roll:
BM, I hope you are not drifting to your wayward ways again.... :lol:

No Zonker, just a bad day at the forum :roll:

What I meant was that in many countries women just carry on knocking the kids out when they haven't got a hope in hell of feeding them. The babies either get dumped or have a really disadvantaged upbringing, often starving to death. (I've seen it on the telly!) A bit of birth control wouldn't come a miss. Women are in control of their bodies, but it's education education education at the end of the day. Yes, I suppose they are to be pitied too.

-- Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:33 am --

zonker wrote:This heartlessly dumping of babies has become rather more common in the UK. A couple of years back there was this girl who aborted a fetus in the toilet of a night-club, then went back to dancing the night away.
So, there must be a little more to it than education, openness with parents, and UAE laws etc.
Its a bit frightening though.....how can someone dump a helpless baby, knowing full well that more than likely harm can come to it?
Heartless, and soulless..... :evil:

Zonker, your example of one incident in a couple of years is hardly common, now come on. I admit we have problems in the UK but I can assure you that baby dumping isn't one of them. If a baby is left anywhere it makes the headlines, and to be honest I'm an avid news watcher and I can't remember the last time it hapened. No doubt we will now get the resident English haters trawling t'internet to find a story :roll:

When you say the girl aborted the fetus in a nightclub, I think you may have meant, miscarried. It is possible to miscarry and not even know you're pregnant.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Miscarried a fetus, or gave birth to a live baby? Sounds weird to be able to go dancing right after giving birth, but it would be possible after an early miscarriage.

Men can be much more harsh about this because they aren't the ones who face carrying a pregnancy of an unwanted child. Men can run away, the woman carries a baby. This is exactly why abortion should be safe and legal - it would reduce the amount of dumped babies. Still, if these young women and men would just use birth control or abstain in the first place there would be no accidental pregnancy! That's where education, parents and availability of birth control come into play.

There will always be women psychologically screwed up who will hide pregnancies and dump babies, but it is still rare.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Im curious as to the song that was on in the nightclub?

Any suggestions.

Mine is Bay City Rollers, Bye Bye Baby.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

^I'm shocked drew.

Bay City Rollers!! You probably also remember Noel Edmond's swap shop?!

(would be too crude to suggest 'blood on the dancefloor'?? - yes probably).

Anyway - back to the topic - I hope that mum and baby are now doing ok, shocking story.

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Lady in Red?

Swap Shop!, "Now we're singing a song. a bucket of water song".

Ir was that Chris Tarrents show?

-- Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:23 pm --

Or Sex Pistols

From the private ease of Mother’s womb
I fall into the disco room
Why don’t they simply put me back
Where it is warm and wet and black?
But one thing follows on another
Things were different inside Mother.
Padded and jolly I would ride
The perfect comfort of her inside
They tuck me in a rustling bed
- I lie there, raging, small, and red
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

^Tiswas, it was. With a young Lenny Henry as well, IIRC.

(We're going further and further off topic... ;) )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

TISWAS! Ah ha

-- Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:14 pm --

Turns out the baby is OK, but Mum wont walk in a straght line again.

-- Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:23 pm --

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat